“Boston moving day” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Boston moving day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In Boston for daughter's Labor Day weekend moving day, not associated with college. Westin Waltham was very comfortable and comforting for a dreary task. Front associate and director of rooms made us forget the drudgery. We were grateful for the hospitality.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I'm coming to this hotel already for 7 years and every time I'm there I order tomato basil soup with baked rolls.This time like always I order my Soup and rolls.
Young girl and old man who worked at restaurant were so not nice I was amazed!!!!!! After I order my food I waited for 10 min with my 18 months old son. They didn't bring us water or ask us if we need anything. After old man bring my food he told me he doesn't have rolls and throw two piece bread and soup on table. Soup didn't have yogurt or any decoration. I look at him with my mouth open and didn't say nothing...
TOTALY DISAPPOINTED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE from one of my favorite hotels...

TOTALLY NOT KIDS FRIENDLY- I choose this hotel because last time I was reading hotel book in my room and they saying they provide daycare and fun for kids. Sooooo
I called front desk and ask about some fun for my 18 months old son while I'm working... Front desk ppl told me they only have some stuff going on on weekend not during week days. I ask well what you do for kids? Their answer: " we can throw some video games in room"
Really I get answer like that from Westin?!?!????

Totally DISAPPOINTED with my stay!!! Never ever got treatment like this before!!!!

My solution--> old man needs to retire and instant of investing so much money into hotel lobby you can do something like kids club,because this property has sooo much space that not even used...

I love this hotel but this time I wasn't happy at all!!

Stayed August 2014
David A, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Wow. I’m embarrassed to read such a review. We certainly failed to provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable hotel experience. As a frequent guest of 7 years I’m sorry for your most recent stay. As you know – we are better than this. And we will most definitely be better in the future. There is also some major miscommunication and I hope on your next visit we will be able to clear up the confusion over our hotel amenities. Please let us know when you will be returning and we will do our best to make it up to you. If you would like to continue the conversation please reach out to us at: GMWestinWaltham@westin.com
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed one night - booked the room close to 11PM online. The beds are "Westin comfortable". The only negative is that we were told that the room would sleep 4; turns out that the room had 2 double (not queen) beds. When I mentioned this I was offered an upgrade for a price. We decided to keep the original room as we were so exhausted ... we slept like logs.
Be aware that there is construction ongoing in the hotel lobby.
We were not charged for parking.

Room Tip: Get a room up high (less construction noise) and facing west (no morning sun).
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here overnight with my wife and loved the fact that the rooms and hallways were very clean. The problem is that for a 4-star hotel, one has to go down from the room to the main lobby to get a free Wi-Fi. Other wise, if someone wants it in the room, he/she has to pay.

Room Tip: Make sure that you do not get a room far away from the elevator. The walk can be loonngggg!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
David A, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We work very hard to maintain he cleanliness of our hotel, rooms and hallways! I’m glad you found them so clean. And I’m sorry you do not agree with the pricing of a few of our amenities. As the only 4 Diamond hotel in the area, we do charge a minimal fee for internet but you are correct, we do offer complimentary 24 hour internet in the lobby. Yes, some of the rooms do have a long walk to get to them, a 25 year oversight when the building was constructed! For everyone who has had a long walk since 1989 I apologize!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was stunned to learn that this hotel which is not in a city or even by an airport has the actual audacity to charge $15 a night for self parking which I did not know about until I checked into the hotel! Second, I was shocked not that they charge $9.95 a night for internet access, but that they only allow you to have 2 hours worth of free internet access a DAY in their lobby! As a frequent business traveler, I have never heard of any hotel limiting how much you can use their wi-fi in the lobby of their hotel before being charged a fee!

Stayed August 2014
Sorry for the confusion. We do offer 24 hour complimentary internet in the lobby for all of our guests. And I’m sorry you do not agree with the pricing of a few of our amenities. As the only 4 Diamond hotel in the area, we do charge a minimal fee for internet and parking. The fee for parking allows us to maintain our parking facility; including security gates, lighting, elevator and overnight security to keep your car and belongings safe and sound.
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was staying in this hotel for one night. I can't say anything bad about this. It was clean and nice hotel. Food was tasty and if you wanted something vegetarian they didn't make any problems to get you this. I recommend that hotel to everybody

• Stayed August 2014
We strive to meet and exceed all of our guest’s expectations, no matter what they are. It looks like we did with you! I’m so glad you had a great experience with us. Our restaurant, 70 at 3rd, takes every order seriously and prepares each plate with passion. Especially if you have a special request. I hope you stay with us again so you can experience the restaurant in its newly renovated setting – to be completed at the end of August.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for one night in mid-August while attending a conference in the area.

First, travelers should note that the hotel is the middle of a renovation, with no real lobby to speak of and awkward travel paths.

The room, which I was told was one of the recently renovated King "deluxe" rooms. Small by suburban standards at less than 300 sq. ft. The rate I book promised free wifi (why some hotel chains continue to charge for internet access -- as if it is an added luxury -- is beyond me.) When checking-out, i reviewed my folio and of course discovered that I had been charged for internet.

The room itself was small, as noted above. If this was the recent renovation, then their interior design team is stuck in the 1990s. The interiors feel dated -- and VERY brown. One thing I would also note is that the guest room renovations did not updated the in-room HVAC system, it is still that 1980s-90s wall unit that is noisy when it kicks-on and always produced a draft when running no matter where you are in the room.

Can't say much about the common facilities, no permanent restaurant -- and no lobby (you enter through a windowless set of industrial-grade steel doors that dump you right into what they call their "Starbucks" area.) The "doormen" were totally inattentive to guests arriving and departing. The rest of the facility was mobbed by a very large and very loud "Salsa Dancing" competition -- no way to check-out any of the promised amenities. Note that food options outside of the hotel require automobile travel...and no obvious assistance from the hotel (concierge anywhere?) to identify dinning options.

In another mystery for a suburban hotel, parking is for a fee (even self-park.)

I suppose this place is fine for business travel in the immediate area for conferences and the like, and it is certainly convenient for families shuttling their kids back-and-forth between the several schools in the area ... but it is a stretch to call it a 4-star hotel these days.

All in all, I wish I had lower expectations coming in, perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
You certainly did not receive a true Westin experience and for that I am sorry. We strive to provide a wonderful hotel experience but occasionally we do drop the ball. I’m not going to make excuses - I wish I could go back and fix your poor experience, but at this point, how can I make it up to you? You deserve better.

Regarding our renovation, as a 25 year old hotel it was certainly time to make some changes. Back in January we did a full rooms renovation and the disruption was minimal. We assumed that the current renovation of our restaurant would be just as easy. It has not turned out that way and our ‘best laid plans’ have had to be re-thought on the fly.

We plan on being finished at the end of August and at that time will have a newly renovated rooms product and newly renovated restaurant with a new menu and concept. If your travels bring you back this way please reach out to me so I can facilitate a true Westin experience. Regarding the rest of your experience with us if you would like to discuss it further, please contact us at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com.

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!