“Very clean hotel but no FREE Wi-Fi in the room?” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Very clean hotel but no FREE Wi-Fi in the room?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here overnight with my wife and loved the fact that the rooms and hallways were very clean. The problem is that for a 4-star hotel, one has to go down from the room to the main lobby to get a free Wi-Fi. Other wise, if someone wants it in the room, he/she has to pay.

Room Tip: Make sure that you do not get a room far away from the elevator. The walk can be loonngggg!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was stunned to learn that this hotel which is not in a city or even by an airport has the actual audacity to charge $15 a night for self parking which I did not know about until I checked into the hotel! Second, I was shocked not that they charge $9.95 a night for internet access, but that they only allow you to have 2 hours worth of free internet access a DAY in their lobby! As a frequent business traveler, I have never heard of any hotel limiting how much you can use their wi-fi in the lobby of their hotel before being charged a fee!

Stayed August 2014
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I was staying in this hotel for one night. I can't say anything bad about this. It was clean and nice hotel. Food was tasty and if you wanted something vegetarian they didn't make any problems to get you this. I recommend that hotel to everybody

• Stayed August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for one night in mid-August while attending a conference in the area.

First, travelers should note that the hotel is the middle of a renovation, with no real lobby to speak of and awkward travel paths.

The room, which I was told was one of the recently renovated King "deluxe" rooms. Small by suburban standards at less than 300 sq. ft. The rate I book promised free wifi (why some hotel chains continue to charge for internet access -- as if it is an added luxury -- is beyond me.) When checking-out, i reviewed my folio and of course discovered that I had been charged for internet.

The room itself was small, as noted above. If this was the recent renovation, then their interior design team is stuck in the 1990s. The interiors feel dated -- and VERY brown. One thing I would also note is that the guest room renovations did not updated the in-room HVAC system, it is still that 1980s-90s wall unit that is noisy when it kicks-on and always produced a draft when running no matter where you are in the room.

Can't say much about the common facilities, no permanent restaurant -- and no lobby (you enter through a windowless set of industrial-grade steel doors that dump you right into what they call their "Starbucks" area.) The "doormen" were totally inattentive to guests arriving and departing. The rest of the facility was mobbed by a very large and very loud "Salsa Dancing" competition -- no way to check-out any of the promised amenities. Note that food options outside of the hotel require automobile travel...and no obvious assistance from the hotel (concierge anywhere?) to identify dinning options.

In another mystery for a suburban hotel, parking is for a fee (even self-park.)

I suppose this place is fine for business travel in the immediate area for conferences and the like, and it is certainly convenient for families shuttling their kids back-and-forth between the several schools in the area ... but it is a stretch to call it a 4-star hotel these days.

All in all, I wish I had lower expectations coming in, perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Overall nothing to complain, except they charged me $15 a night for parking and $15 for an upgrade to a "deluxe" room. Nice staff. Clean and comfy rooms. Swimming pool was closed most of the times. Gym was closed too. Main entrance is under construction so it was blocked.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hartford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time staying at this Westin. The amenities and furnishings were okay, but not exceptional warranting the 4-star rating. To me, the quality was no better than a 2.5-star to 3-star hotel chain like Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Courtyard Marriott or Holiday Inn.

The room was comfortably furnished, but we found a long hair (when we arrived) on the clean hand towel on the bathroom towel rack.

The bed was adequately comfortable, but not extraordinary.

My friend and I were disappointed that this suburban hotel charges for parking ($15 per night) and internet access.

The hotel was under renovation and there were not adequate signs to guide guests through the construction zone so one can travel from one end of the hotel to the other or one floor to the other without having to go outdoors.

Personnel were not very customer friendly. There was an indoor pool, but no whirlpool.

There are other choices in the same vicinity, including Marriott Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, Best Western and Extended Stay America. I would try one of those next time for less money. Some of have free breakfast, parking and internet.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
David A, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
You certainly did not receive a true Westin experience and for that I am sorry. We strive to provide a wonderful hotel experience but occasionally we do drop the ball. And in your case we really dropped the ball! I’m not going to make excuses - I wish I could go back and fix your poor experience, but at this point, how can I make it up to you? You deserve better. If you would like to reach out to us, please do so at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com

As well, we do charge a minimal fee for some of our amenities as we are the only 4 Diamond hotel in the area. Our minimal parking fee allows us to maintain our parking facility, including security gates, lighting, elevator and overnight security to keep your car and belongings safe and sound.

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 4 stays at this hotel for a total of 6 nights within the last two years, were for business purposes. The environment is cold, not referring to the temperature, but the culture of the organization. For business type visits the food is on the pricey level. A decent breakfast is about $22 plus tips; the other option is the Starbucks coffee shop at the lobby of the hotel. They also charge for the internet. I made the mistake of “clicking” the wrong key and they charged me $4.50 per each 30 minutes, thus I paid $18 for 2 hours regardless my company’s long term contract with the hotel.

I have the feeling that the hotel targets big meetings like corporate conferences and family events. One night guests are not their major business goal.

The bottom line is that I stay there due to my company’s contractual engagement.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor.
Green Features: There is no information about their practices (that I know of) They do have recycling containers in the room and suggest the guests to keep the bed sheets for more than one day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

We do have a very green footprint as a hotel and as a company. Our ‘Make a Green Choice’ Program offers guests the chance to earn 500 SPG points each day in exchange for forgoing housekeeping services. By not having towels, linen or amenities changed on a daily basis the hotel saves on water, power and reduces the number of chemicals used to clean each room.

As well, we do charge a minimal fee for some of our amenities as we are the only 4 Diamond hotel in the area. Keep an eye out for many of our packages that include parking, internet and breakfast! I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!