“Typical Hilton quality, tough location” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Offer
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saline, Michigan
“Typical Hilton quality, tough location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton property in March 2013. The hotel has recently been renovated and the rooms are well appointed. Check-in was speedy and the staff very friendly. Having a rental car I decided not to eat at the hotel (I'm burned out on hotel restaurants) and took a drive to see what else was available in the area. You can drive for miles and miles and not find anything other than the Wicked Fish restaurant across the street. However, the hotel's menu looks varied and the dishes looked plentiful and well prepared, so don't assume you need to head out to find a decent meal. But if you do, ask at the desk, first. There are very few restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. I'm hoping next time you visit, you do get a chance to try our restaurant menu. For others, our staff can certainly point you in the right direction for finding another excellent option. Waltham does have a great variety of eateries if you know where to go.

Warm Regards,
Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked with a Hotwire rate that made this hotel very reasonable. Check-in was the fastest ever! I don't think it took more than two minutes. The room was very nice, bed comfortable and the bathroom very clean.

My only complaint is that the room was very small. We had two queen beds. From the foot of the bed to the front of the dresser was just enough room for one person to pass. We used the fold away luggage rack from the closet and in doing so, we created a squeeze point in the room where I had to turn sideways to pass.

No complimentary breakfast, and no complementary coffee in the lobby. Breakfast was a buffet that cost $13.00 per person, and didn't open until 7 am. Prior to 7am I couldn't even buy a cup of coffee. Yes there was a coffee maker in the room, but I don't like powdered creamer products.

The place was nice for one night, if they had complementary coffee in the morning I'd give it four stars. Unfortunately it didn't, so it gets three starts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We have since added all-day complimentary coffee to our hotel. It's too late for that extra star, but your feedback has helped improve the experience for the next guest.

Jr. Ramon Castilla 347 Iquitos-Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed at this property for leisure this past Saturday 16th, the first impression was the welcoming greeting of Steve at the front desk, making us feel very important, second was the chef with the best spaghetti ever had, and I have to say he knows how to mix the ingredients, and third was the manager Ray, very professional and polite that offered to take us to one of the Irish restaurant in town in the day when the hotel don't offer the shuttle. The hotel rooms are very clean and the staff are very professional which make this business unique in service than other hotel. We strongly recommend this hotel and if you love spaghetti , don't forget to ask!!! We will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm excited to read your comments about our team providing excellent service. I will make sure that Ray, Steve and our Chef are rewarded for their service. Please come back again!

Regards,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The last time I visited this location the hotel was under significant construction. Progress has been made and the experience has improved. A fairly standard Garden Inn. Check-in was smooth. The room was clean and updated. The breakfast was good and included as part of my corporate program. The only downside was the cook did not speak English. People needed to fill out an order card. Parking was still a bit crowded. I'm not sure if the current configuration of parking is still a work in process or not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael, thank you for your kind words regarding our upgrades. We will take your comments on the breakfast ordering and parking configurations under consideration as we continue to improve our service.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel is exceptional. They go out of their way to help you. We have stayed in this hotel beginning four years ago when our son started University. It is close to campus. Additionally, our son was hurt very badly in a varsity sport at the University. The manager and staff at this hotel helped me after my son's surgery when I brought him back from the hospital. I was taking care of him in this hotel. I'm from California and he could not fly home due to possible blood clots. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear of your son's injury, and I hope that he has fully recovered. Our staff takes great pride in assisting guests in difficult situations and it's rewarding to read your comments. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you next time.

Regards,
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

So I spent the night here with my two daughters, adult and teen. The hotel was very clean and looked to be recently redecorated. (My daughter said she'd been before and it looked much nicer.) The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a great location, close the highways and several restaurants with in a short drive. There is a pool, fitness and business centers here. The pool was very cold and I wasn't brave enough to go in. My teen did however, but it took her quite a bit to go in due to the coldness. I hung out in fitness center and walked on treadmill. There is a nice flatscreen on wall and mini tvs on treadmills (need ear phones for those.) There was free internet wifi access as well. The beds were super comfortable. I didn't hear any noise from other rooms, but there was construction outside that made quite a racquet in the morning. The room was small, but efficient. It had 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave and tv. The shower had a nice adjustable spray and lots of hot water. Breakfast is not included unless you get a bed and breakfast plan. (which we did.) I heard it was a bit expensive if you didn't. It was a bit confusing as to how to order, sit etc. We thought it was self serve and began to do just that. And then a waiter came and told us we could have a seat, that they were starting a new system there. We were a bit confused. The people sitting near us said that they didn't understand the process either. The food was very yummy however and I was excited that they had caffeine free herbal tea as well. It was overall a nice place to stay. It would be better with some heat in the pool. =)

Room Tip: I would ask for a room higher up. You will be further from the road and hopefully quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer, thank you for your comments and bringing the pool temperature to our attention. This should not have been an issue during your stay, and I apologize for that. We have since rectified this mechanical problem and processes are in place to ensure continuity. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The next time will be even better.

Pipersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Clean, quiet, and convenient location! The whole hotel has been renovated and everything appears new and clean. Staff was most helpful and courteous. It was quiet and relaxing. we were close enough to Boston to either take the "T" or simply drive in and pay to park (which we ended up doing). Great value too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham? Share your experiences!