“Very Happy!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Melbourne
“Very Happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for four nights on business.
I really like the Express format with included wifi and breakfast.
The laundry room is small and only has two machines. The machines cost $2 for one load (so $4 for wash and dry) and powder is given free.
The gym is small and only has 2 running machines and an elliptical.
The hotel itself is old but very well renovated.
TV was nice and big and room and bed were comfortable.

For exercise, you can go jogging in the national park nearby, ask for directions, its close.
Or go to Cross Fit City Line, they are about 12 minute drive away and very drop-in friendly.

The breakfast range was good with four different kinds of good quality cereal, chobani yogurt and boiled eggs as well as bread, scrambled eggs, turkey burgers and bacon.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel many times While my son attended law school. While I have experienced great service each time, my last stay was exceptional. Staff provided detailed directions to the various locations when requested. They were extremely accommodating to my in-laws as one used a walker. When we returned late, staff ensured they had what they needed to ensure they would have a restful night. I love the redone front check in area and the enlarged airy breakfast room.

The hotel is convenient to shopping,museums and Boston's suburbs. I am only disappointed that I probably won't be returning as my son graduated !!!

Room Tip: The wheelchair accessible room was great for my in-laws. They were very pleased and staff gave me an...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Woodside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A nicely renovated hotel as I know just by the style, it's was another older hotel that they took over and put their name on. There's a center section tower with 6 floors, and then two adjacent wings with 2 floors. My room in the tower only had a shower which was fine for me, but I'm not sure if that's for every room in the hotel, so if you're looking for a tub, you should ask for a room with one if they're available. The lobby is super modern and the rooms are beautifully done as well. Yes, I know it's convenient to a lot of businesses and work meetings, but at $300 a night, well I think it's a little much, especially since it's not a downtown hotel. But supply and demand, i know. Leigh at the desk had already put in a full day of work, but still had a nice smile and conversation for me when I checked in.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Bernardo,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston Waltham, it is great to hear the Leigh was able to provide you great customer service.

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Want to say that the staff was extremely professional, helpful & nice.
Location was great for business
Breakfast was nice to have in the morning & the staff paid good attention to detail. Should I go back to the Boston area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, April 22, 2015
Dear JPBenner,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston Waltham. It is great to hear that we met your needs. We hope to see you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

No luxuries, no frills. Here on business and it was ok.

Room sizeable but cramped bathroom for some reason. Inclusion of fridge and microwave in room is practical but the fridge motor can be disturbing.

Compared to other hotels in Waltham, this is about the average. Not bad, and not excellent.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Crystal H,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We love hearing feedback as we are always looking to improve. I do hope that if you are ever back in the area you are willing to give us a second chance.

Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights. We have a small dog, which limits our options. There is a $50 single fee, regardless of the number of nights. The room was clean and quiet, and the area is quite safe. The hotel was spotless. Although the hotel does not have a restaurant, the hotel next door has a small restaurant that stays open until 10 pm, which was convenient because we arrived at 9:30 pm. The breakfast had a variety of healthy options. The hotel is located with easy access to Boston or the western suburbs. We were quite pleased with the overall experience.

Room Tip: I would suggest the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I arrived in morning (11 am)and was lost with no GPS, when I walked in Roy or Ray, not sure of his name was reading a newspaper, they were under renovations (which I understand) and said, I need to check in .... he was very dismissive and told me to come back after 3 pm .... I had a reservation for a king room) I left and found my way to where I needed to go for my business purpose. When I arrive after 3 pm that same day -Cory Simmons, PM Customer service rep - went way beyond customer service! He made sure I had a great room, I had to pick up other employees from the airport, he helped me, he gave me suggestions on places to eat, directions, etc. Hotel is going through a few renovations to be even better - I commend them on their decisions and would recommend it - hope you get Cory to help you!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, April 5, 2015
Dear Debra,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston Waltham. I would like to apologize for the poor customer service experience that you had while trying to check in early. We have addressed these issues in hopes that they do not occur again. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Waltham area that you are willing to give us another opportunity.

Wendy Peña

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!