“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Waltham
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. It's close to Boston, yet far enough away to take advantage of a smaller town feel and good prices!
Clean, modern, good breakfast, safe area.

Can't ask for much more than that at this rate!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Patten, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, no charge for parking and a fine breakfast included! It was convenient for our purpose of stay and the staff was pleasant. The room attendants couldn't speak English but overall, we made out fine

Rockland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable bed, friendly staff, good breakfast, good price. BUT, rust came out of the faucet at first and the tub drained so slowly that I was in ankle deep water at the end of the shower. Showered right before I left, so I don't know if it was fixed. But can I be the first person to have seen rust come out of the tap? Don't expect this in a HI Express and I haven't seen it before in the several I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Maureen4664,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, and my deepest apologies for the unpleasantness of rusty water from the faucet. This is the first time that this has been reported in this room or any others (and the room you stayed in had just been occupied the night prior to your stay). Our engineering team will be investigating what could have caused this and will ensure that it doesn’t happen again. Again, thank you for sharing your experience!

Melissa Gagnon—General Manager
Picton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

When I checked out this morning, the night clerk was absent and then rude.

He also refused to provide me with a receipt "because I'd booked online".

I've stayed there every year for six years, to visit family. It's odd how one person can be so off-putting that a hotel loses business but I can't imagine being comfortable about staying there now.

Room Tip: Many student athletic teams will practice in the halls
Dear Ian M,

Thank you for your continued patronage over the years; we truly value you and your business and have been happy to be your “home away from home” over the years. I am very sorry that you found a member of our staff to be off-putting, but I can assure you that I will be reviewing this case with him to prevent this negative interaction in the future. And as it should have been nicely explained to you at check-out, since your reservation was booked through Expedia we are unable to provide you with a bill because Expedia charged your credit card- not the hotel- and you would need to contact them for a receipt. (this is typically the case when you book through most third-party websites—they charge your credit card, then we invoice them directly). I hope that clarification helps. And as I am sure you have seen in the past, this negative interaction is not what you would typically find at our property and I hope it does not prevent you from returning to our hotel on your next trip to Waltham!

Melissa Gagnon—General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I truly recommend this inn! Staff are friendly, helpful and very nice. They provided us with great information related to Boston, parking, subway etc. Room accommodations were very good, very clean and tidy; parking was easy, and the price much better than in other Inns I had previously stayed in other states. Although breakfast ended at 9:30 am, free coffee was available to all customers anytime we wanted - which is a nice touch during cold weather at Christmas time. Maria, our waitress for breakfast made all the difference with her attention and care. Thank you! The only point I disliked, it was the styrofoam disposable plates which it have been questioned as affecting our health due to hamful manufacturing substances.

clinton, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our room accommodation and especially the staff when we stayed for Christmas Eve so that we could visit with family.
Deirdre, the front desk manager, was most pleasant...wonderful attitude. She was so helpful with directions when our GPS was not helpful in directing us to your hotel.
Maria, the dining room manager, had a sweet affect and was very efficient in replenishing food on the breakfast buffet and keeping the dining area clean.
Thank you for a most pleasant stay.

Watertown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express Dec 24th, 2012. It met all my expectations and more. Deirdre, the front desk manager, was very cordial and welcoming to a traveler on Christmas Eve.
The room was clean, well equipped and cozy and the parking was easy.
The breakfast was great with everything one could possibly want spread out conveniently and Maria, the breakfast manager, was very cordial and helpful.
It was a very pleasant place to spend this time rather than lying on a blowup bed on the floor with crying children close by. In fact my daughter says that next year they will stay here rather than sleeping on hard couches and waking up with headaches.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!