“Outstanding Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Pancake Hill, New Brunswick
“Outstanding Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My son and I spent two nights there on a football weekend. The front staff was fantastic. The rooms were great. Good restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel whether business or family.Parking is excellent. Access off the highway is outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I think her name was Maria she was the breakfast hostess.We were there on storm restoration and had to leave early.The next morning she came in early for us and on her next day did it again. She had everything ready for our crew a half hour early.
We thank you !!

• Stayed October 2012
Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was on two week business trip and had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel. The hospitable staff made it feel like a home away from home. They were quick to learn your name and excellent at giving directions and recommendations on restaurants. It is very clear that customer satisfaction is the cornerstone of this business; a close second is there commitment to providing a top notch experience for their guests. In particular, I would recommend talking with Deirdre at the front desk. She made my entire trip better with her expert advice on the surrounding area. Also of note is the delectable breakfast served every morning, even after a hurricane swept through town. Maria, expertly prepared a wonderful array of items that would appeal to anyone's taste. The only area for improvement would be the speed of the internet.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We used our much earned Reward Points, to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Waltham one week day. We definitely got a Rewards Points room! The shower drain was clogged, they gave us a tiny full size bed, and the internet didn't work for sh**! When we asked to move rooms into a more comfortable bedroom, they told us we could only move into a King size room if and when a chamber maid is available to clean our current room. If we didn't want to wait for the king size room, they could move our items for us to the next room??? Crappy service, and crappy room. I wish I hadn't wasted my Reward Points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am sorry to hear that you didn’t fully enjoy your stay with us due to the room you were placed in and I would love to discuss this matter with you further. If you would like, please email me at mgagnon@plhghotels.com. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Melissa Gagnon
Greenfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on business recently in the area and wanted a safe,clean, and comfortable place to stay that wasn't too pricey. The Holiday Inn Express at Waltham fit the bill. It's located conveniently off of 95, has ample parking, and a fairly speedy check-in. The desk clerk was friendly, but was not much help when I asked about the location of a well-known conference center in the area that I needed to be at early the next morning. She basically just asked me, "don't you have a GPS?" Guest services should try to help travelers with this kind of information. Should have gone on line and checked it out for the guest. That would have been great service. The room was adequate and well furnished. The bathroom was clean and linens were stocked. Internet connection in the room was only so-so in the evening and cycled off and on as I attempted to use Skype, which was a bit frustrating. The bed was comfy with lots of pillows. This is an Express so don't expect a lot of amenities. There is no restaurant here, although a continental breakfast is provided in the morning.

Room Tip: A room in the main hotel and not one of the out buildings is preferred. There is also a funky "...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I can't stress enough how wonderful this hotel, its staff, and management really is. I stayed with them for the night of October 3rd, 2012 and they literally did everything possible to make my stay pleasant and enjoyable. I am a very seasoned traveler and I frequently stay in expensive hotels across the country. The folks at the Holiday Inn of Waltham were awesome!

I had packed in a hurry when I left my home and I had forgotten a few toiletry items. Toiletries (toothpaste, razor, etc.) are generally available at most hotels, but how many hotel managers will let you borrow a necktie when you've forgotten one at home?!

I had an important meeting close by and I had forgotten to pair a tie with my suit. Bob, the manager of the Holiday Inn, walked me over to his office and literally gave me his tie to wear for my meeting!

They also had a complimentary shuttle that dropped me off at the office complex down the road.

You don't find service like this often, and I really look forward to staying with them again for my next visit to Waltham.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting friends. We were very happy with hotel ,great location with easy access to highway. Decent buffet breakfast and very quiet room.A little pricy but was a holiday weekend,we would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!