“Guest be careful” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Guest be careful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently. I thought the room was great and the staff was great. I did have some issues though. The first was during check in. I was given my room key and it did not work properly. I had to return to the front desk 3 times before they switched my room. After the second day of my stay my vehicle was stolen from their parking lot. To my surprise they do not have any form of security cameras. The hired security patrols other property which leaves windows for crime. And here is the worst part while speaking of crime.... I was informed by the police while filling out the stolen vehicle report that the buildings that share the parking lot are temporary housing for the homeless to low income folks of the area. So if you are considering staying here remember that you are parking at your own risk.

Room Tip: Get a room where you can see your car. Nobody else is watching it besides the ones looking to steal...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear joker152,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Great hotel and people. The hotel is recently renovated with remodeled rooms. Has a workout room for excercse. Also, the hotel has complimentary breakfast. The service at the front desk is excellent. All the employees are very knowledgable about the Watham, Mass. area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Warren
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been in HIX all over the US. This one stands out as the most confusing entrance and exit I've ever seen to a property when you can clearly see the building but you can't get there. Whoever sited this building should be stuck in traffic on I-95. The entrance and exits are the most convoluted - signage helps if you are paying attention, but do yourself a favor and review it all on Google Earth before you ever go there. Particularly difficult at night.

Once you get there, its a average HIX, which is very good compared to almost anything else. I thought the room would have a mini-fridge, it didn't but one was brought up to me at no charge when I asked about it, so the staff gets an A+ on that one. Everything worked, everything clean, nothing annoying except coming and going. This is a business-oriented HIX, bigger business center, no pool, more like a typical airport site so if you're on vacation it may not be what you're looking for.

Room Tip: Didn't see any bad ones
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is a pretty typical Holiday Inn. No frills, it has cable, and the breakfasts taste like cardboard. Seriously, though, hotel chains seem to be shaving every last nickel off their costs to the point where it's just as comfortable sleeping in your car and eating breakfast at the local Starbuck's. So Holiday Inn, if you're reading these, I have two major beefs with you guys - first, why not cut back on the cable channels if you're really hard up for money and offer a proper breakfast instead? I don't ask a lot from a hotel - a bed and a meal. And second, if you're so freakin' cheap that you can't afford to offer WHOLE milk, not that watered down fluid you call 2%, think about taking out the gym or those "business centers" you offer. No one uses those, either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMExpressWaltham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear “William H",

Even though you did not entirely enjoy your stay at our Holiday Inn Express, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel and brand. Unfortunately, we have never had a request for Whole Milk at our breakfast buffet, therefore we never knew there was a demand for it. We would be more than happy to accommodate your request for Whole Milk on a future visit at our hotel. Just call the front desk (781-890-2800) before your next stay with us and ask to speak with a manger to inform us of your upcoming stay and we will ensure that we have Whole Milk available for your visit. Again, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback!

Melissa Gagnon, General Manager
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here last summer and being very happy with our choice back then -- there wasn't even a question about staying here again. We actually requested and got the same room as last time – since I liked the light from 2 windows in this corner room. I was picking up my son from a camp at Bentley University – just a few minute drive from the hotel – and we stayed on for 4 nights.

Like before, everything was very nice. From the helpfulness and of the staff at the front desk (morning and evening) who helped me with the washing machine, with suggestions on getting into downtown, and directions to the subway (always friendly as well)…..to the well stocked breakfast buffet in the morning – and the woman who's there at breakfast almost every day working so hard to make sure everybody is taken care of and happy.

Our room was large and clean – the beds really comfortable. The bathroom is on the small side compared to the room and had sort of a cleanser smell….but it seemed to dissipate over time. The bath tub had some chips in it – but all looked clean.

TV was nice – lots of stations and the wi-fi was not a problem at all for us.

Parking was easy – usually right outside the front door. Getting around the area is a little tricky – my GPS tells me to get off 95 (going north) at exit 27 A when it's actually 27 B….27 A puts you on a road where you'll need to turn around to get to the hotel. And 27 B puts you on a road where you're required to do a legal U-turn to get to the hotel. But otherwise – being so close to the expressway – and Bentley University – was super helpful. I received the Bentley discount which made the room a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear “H0CKEYmom”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bentley!

Melissa Gagnon, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Waltham was recommended by the New England Elite Football Camp so we spent two nights there in July 2012. The rate was reasonable and the stay was good. Clean and spacious room, clean bathroom, nice TV, and free Wifi. The complementary breakfast was good with some nice choices. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Be it for business or family travel, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Boston. Alewife station is barely 10 minutes drive. We got a room on the fifth floor with amazing views. One of the many perks of signing up for priority club membership.

The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff at the hotel lobby were extremely helpful with the questions we had about tourist activities. Given its location in Waltham and their incredible service, it is understandably popular amongst many business travelers.

There is complementary breakfast. If there is one thing that is found lacking, it is the spotty Wi-Fi service. They will need to boost it up to avoid causing inconvenience to all the guests.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!