“Overall great, but small faults.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT House Boston/Waltham

You added HYATT House Boston/Waltham to your Saves list
HYATT House Boston/Waltham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Fourth Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Ireland
“Overall great, but small faults.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I have stayed here twice on business. Firstly can I say the hotel rooms are immense, really clean, spacious with loads of accessories.
The buffet breakfast is okay, I find is handy if you are in a rush in the mornings. Just quickly pick up some snacks and go.
Regarding the location, while the hotel is close to the highway, the location is not great. There is no bar in the hotel which means some travel, if you want a few beers in the evenings. I could not see any evidence of public transport (hotel does provide a bus), the nearest T stop is miles away. Also you are a 5-10 minute drive from Waltham which is a gorgeous town.
The gym in the hotel I found very good, there is never much users so it is like a private gym. Not that much gym equipment but there def is enough for me.
I can't comment on price as I was on business.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Not the typical suite. This is a sizeable living space with a fully outfitted kitchen. One and two bedroom units with kitchen outfitted to support basic cooking and beyond, if that's what you want to do. Full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, full size range with oven. Bed room is separate from the living and kitchen. Food offerings beyond continental and finger foods for breakfast and dinner respectively. Modern motif that can be moved around to give you plenty of room for yoga. Adequate fitness and business center. Quite place off of I-95 that is convenient to the Mass Pike and access to Beantown. Plenty of restaurants within a short drive, but nothing really within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

I took my wife, daughter and sister-in-law (visiting from abroad) to Boston for the three-day Columbus Day weekend. We spent three nights in the Waltham Summerfield Suites and enjoyed it.

We paid much less than we would have done to stay in downtown Boston. The hotel is off I-95 just north of the I-90/95 junction west of Boston. It takes around 20 minutes to drive to Fenway from the hotel when the traffic is moving briskly. We drove into the city one day; the other we took the "T" subway/tram from the Riverside stop, which is ~ 10 minutes from the hotel. That's a long, slow trip to downtown (~ 40 mins) but if you haven't seen the western 'burbs it's very pleasant. We enjoyed the ride.

The hotel is nice but obviously gets a lot of traffic. The rooms have a living room, kitchen and master suite. Very modern and with two flat-screen TVs. The hotel was packed that weekend as a large university cross-country running meet occurs annually on the weekend. Also, we saw the usual tourists and college-shopping families you encounter this time of year. My advice... get down to breakfast early to snag a table.

We had no complaints with the hotel and were happy with the value and the location. We saved at least $75-100 a night compared with a comparable hotel downtown. I'd stay here again, though I would prefer the Hyatt Place in Medford, which is just northwest of downtown and a little closer to the city (it was already fully booked the weekend we were in town.) We've had good experiences with Hyatt Place.

Finally, be warned: no restaurants are remotely close to this place. On the one evening we didn't have dinner in the city we ordered pizza. You'll want to do some research on where to eat beyond breakfast if you stay here.

Houston Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Arrived at the hotel late in the evening, no problem with hotel holding the room. Staff at check-in was courteous and prompt. I was underway in a few minutes. First impression of room was that it was very spacious. It was clean and well appointed. Room had full kitchen although I did not use it during my stay. Free parking and internet was a plus as well as the proximity to I-95. Hot breakfasts were a great start to the day and the house coffee was good. Had an issue with a loose security bolt on the door, brought it to the attention of the front desk and found the issue resolved by the time I got back. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, would stay there again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I've said all this before. We have 4 kids and a limited budget and finding a good hotel is a pain. We stayed at a Hyatt Summerfield outside Philadelphia last year for a family trip and loved it. So I specifically looked for one in the Boston area for our trip this year.

It was excellent. We were not disappointed. We book their trio suite, a room for the kids and a room for us and a living area in between. It gives everybody enough space and you could NOT get 2 hotel rooms for less money ($150/night total). I assume we get a good rate b/c they primarily cater to business travelers on weekdays and this is extra for them.

Anyway, room condition is excellent, wi fi worked perfectly, I worked out in their fitness center in the morning and it was in excellent condition. The complimentary buffet breakfast has plenty of decent food. One morning our pancakes were hard as rocks, but they soon brought out more. Overall I continue to be impressed with this chain of hotels.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed with 2 kids in a 1bd apartment. The beds were very comfortable. Bedroom was very quiet (i.e. I was not awoken by slamming doors or other noises. Staff was polite and helpful. Fitness center has great bikes with built in tv - awesome, but there are no leg waits machines, only treadmils, elliptical, bikes and weights. My only complaints are there were only 2 big towels and couple of smaller one and 1 tiny shampoo, and no hair dryer. This is insufficient for 4 people. When I contacted the front desk they supplied the items within 10 min. Also, living room has only shaids and sheer curains - no room darkening curtains. Overall we really liked staying in this hotel and would stay there again.

Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at Summerfield, Waltham during our recent visit to Boston. The sofa, 2 flat screen TVs, kitchen area and beds were all top notch. It was very economical for the conveniences it provided. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to brag about, but was adequate. The front desk and cleaning personnel were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to HYATT House Boston/Waltham? Share your experiences!