There is a real difference between "long term stay" properties and "full service hotels". People live here. I don't mean "live", I mean LIVE. There is a Mom who brings her kids to breakfast every day before taking them to school. I feel like I'm in their kitchen with them each morning.
The rooms are like mini-apartments. Full size oven, cooktops, microwave ovens and residential fridges and freezer combinations. Every (one bedroom) room has a living room, a tiny eating space, a work table, a closeable bedroom door and two TVs. The living room TVs have adapters to make using HDMI, S-Video and composite (red/white/yellow) accessories but when I use HDMI, the screen turns a washed out pink. They also include DVD players which are HDMI capable but connected via composite. Hmm. The bedroom TVs do not have the adapters for using your own accessories, nor have I been able to pull the TVs off the wall far enough to locate any HDMI ports.
Something that is odd is that every bathroom door I've had so far rubs on the floor. Most of the time it's tolerable but in one room, the entire door vibrates and the bottom is all torn up and frayed. They just need to trim half an inch off the bottom and clear it right up, but I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.
Breakfast is so-so. The pool and grills on the patio look very inviting. Can't wait for it to open soon.
The commute on 95 can be a real bear. At any time from 7 to 7, chances are you're going to get stuck in traffic. There are not too many restaurant options available in the immediate vicinity. You have to go to Moody St for variety and options. The are around the hotel is virtually all hotels and corporate office buildings, Naked Fish being about the only exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites is an all-suite hotel that caters to all travelers, and is perfect for large families and the extended stay traveler. We offer spacious 1 and 2 bedroom suites featuring the Hyatt Grand Bed, along with LCD HDTVs, DVD player, and a full kitchen. Enjoy a complimentary full hot breakfast and our complimentary WiFi. A complimentary evening social featuring hot appetizers and beverages is available Monday through Thursday. Earn Hyatt Gold Passport Points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Hyatt Waltham
- Waltham Hyatt
- Waltham Summerfield Suites