“Very Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT House Boston/Waltham

You added HYATT House Boston/Waltham to your Saves list
HYATT House Boston/Waltham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Fourth Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Great River, New York
“Very Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Check in by pleasant front desk personnel. This was the two-bedroom suite and didn't disappoint. The larger room was handicapped-accessable and the smaller was more than adequate. Both rooms stocked with amenities, large-screen TV's in both bedrooms and common area and a fully equipped kitchen.
Next morning, a full and complete hot complimentary breakfast at 0630. check-out uneventful. Free parking.
Located just off I-95/128. DD close by (if you must). Also Costco, Home Depot (likewise, if you must). Stones throw from Lexington (just up I-95). Going back this week and probably again thereafter. A Very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Hotel does not have its own restaurant but nearby hotels do.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT House Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We are always striving to be the best that we can be. If you have any other comments, please feel free to reach to me. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt House before (when it was called Summerfield Suites). The staff is excellent and the maintenance has corrected a few items that were lacking previously. It's a very comfortable hotel and the complimentary breakfast is very good. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, yogurt, etc. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is having the sink outside the bathroom. This is a problem for my husband and me when one goes to bed late and the other gets up early.

Clean, comfortable, nice flatscreen TVs, well-equipped kitchen. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and we look foward in seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything in the suite was clean and seemed to be working properly except for the heat. There is a sign above the heater that explans the heat is motion activated and to please allow 15 minutes or it to get comfortable. Maybe the sensor wasn't working because the room stayed cold all night, not frigid just enough to be uncomfortable even with blankets on. Because of this the bed probably seemed more uncomfortable than it actually is, but it is in fact extremely firm. The linens on the bed were not soft and inviting but felt almost like paper to the touch. Plenty of room for more than two and overall worth another stay but probably would not make it an extended stay, despite all of the ammenities provided in the kitchen.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

this is our 3rd time staying at this hotel, beautiful suite, very clean comfortable bed, with kitchenette. Staff are very helpful, not far from Burlington mall., In the summer you can even barbque outside., A bit far from downtown boston about 25 minutes by car.

Room Tip: All rooms, were good, we stayed this time on the secong floor, facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The good; The layout of the two bedroom each with its own bathroom, the kitchen. Front desk staff were wonderful.
The bad; I booked a handicapped accessible room with roll in shower. That is not what we got but the tub was low enough for my handicapped son to sit on and swing his legs over with my help! My sons room had a strange sound coming from outside, I kept thinking it was a vehicle going by but when I had to lay with him for him to settle I realize it was not vehicles? I was puzzled. The next day I noticed the sound was coming from the where city gas enters the building! kind of scary and annoying glad we were only there one night. The tile in the bathroom had some icky grout and the stove had fingerprints all over the control. I was also taken back when I went to the very small store and was ready to pay with my items on the counter and a cleaning staff person held up her items to show the person who was checking going to check me out as if she was going to cut in front of me which the hotel employee did not go for. It was all rather surprising given the price and we needed rest because we were there for a hospital evaluation.

Room Tip: Don't get the room where the gas enters the building its noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt House Waltham MA from 20 th to 26th Oct 12. It was a fantastic stay with good Bfast and dinners. The front office staff was extremely helpful with my fax and scanning needs.
The room was big and very comfortable.
I would recommend this property for business / leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at almost midnight for our stay with 3 little kids. We had reserved the two bedroom suite. The only one left. Upon arrival, one bedroom absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke and the bathroom almost made us gag. The hotel was supposed to be smoke free. The person(s) who cleaned the room prior to our arrival either must not have inhaled the entire time they were "cleaning", or just not cared. We were offered $50 off for the night and someone would rid the room of odor in the morning. The second time I called the front desk I was told we would get another room in the am. When asked how the odor could not be detected, he said " I don't know what other people smell". He himself was a smoker and smelled of it upon check in.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to HYATT House Boston/Waltham? Share your experiences!