“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham

You added Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Doubletree Guest Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book 2X Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lancaster, United States
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Didn't expect the luxury, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the Complimentary Welcome Cocktail hour, the spacious suites, the fabulous breakfast (which sadly I didn't have time to partake in both mornings), and the little 'extras'. A great place to stay anytime, any season.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a pleasant surprise when I walked into the lobby of the Embassy Suites In Waltham, Ma. Although this trip was strictly to look at colleges for my teenager son and his friend, it was perfect in the fact that it was geared towards the professional. Clean, calm and modern design, amenities that make great value for the price. These amenities were used with gusto, from the pool, fitness center, incredible comfortable pullout, two rooms in a suite (Can sleep 3 nicely), complimentary evening snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, appetizer and then breakfast, shuttle service (in Waltham) too !? Wow, what a deal.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very easy to get to this hotel, pleasant and comfortable. The staff is top notch - consistently - I am completing my seventh night here in two weeks. Bottom line: I will be happy to return, and plan to within the month. If anything is amiss, you get the impression that they REALLY are interested in making things right and getting you happy and comfortable.

The breakfast bar beats virtually any place I have seen, plus they provide complementary made to order entrees (which I never needed because I could put my own delicious breakfast together).

About the only complaint that I can make is that the desk in the bedroom lacks any outlets for charging a phone or laptop. One has to crawl under the desk to use the one spare outlet socket.

The restaurant service was excellent, the menu is interesting and creative, the food was decent but didn't "blow me away". My food wasn't all hot when it was served - I suspect it wasn't the waiter but the timing of the chef to get the food served at the same time as that of my table mates - so it likely sat almost under a warmer for a bit.

The lounge area provides a great place to unwind with your business partners in the afternoon while you enjoy refreshments and a complimentary finger food spread. I love that time and place. You can plug in your laptop and work on projects together while you stave off your hunger with fresh fruit, vegetables, or less healthy finger food if you would like.

I've stayed in two different room types. One is very large, a true suite with an isolated "living room" or work area and a bedroom with a privacy door. The other type was enormous. I couldn't believe how long it was. This has come in handy as I have had a Chevy Suburban full of gear that I had to drag to my room during my stay. I had everything scattered around the work area and still didn't feel at all cramped. Try that at most hotels and you would be uncomfortable and cramped.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 2nd floor adjacent to the metal roof of the first floor. On a rainy day, it can...
Green Features: They make it convenient to not have linens or towels replaced every day.
Newport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was on business and selected the location due to where my assignment was. Next to the interstate made it extremely easy to navigate. The hotel atmosphere was very comfortable, pleasant, and staff were very friendly. Good complementary made to order breakfast so everything was fresh. Enjoyed a dinner one night at the restraunt which was excellent. Would definitely stay here again if I am back in the area.

Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable.. We stayed in a two double suite, living room area was separate from bedroom so our oldest stayed there since it had a pull out bed.. He felt like he had his own room with his own tv... Pool was good size, nice workout area, restaurant was OK but our waitress was nice. Full breakfast was a huge plus, stocked a little for everyone. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This EB is among a cluster of hotels along Winter St. Not much else around in terms of walking distance. Minutes by driving to Brandeis and Bentley among other colleges. My biggest knocks on this facility was the sofa bed and breakfast area. I took the sofa bed and have the regular beds to the rest of the family, however this was the most painful sofa bed I can remember experiencing. Cheap construction and quite painful. Totally defeats the purpose of a suite. The breakfast grill area is small and not configured well leading to long lines and congested traffic. If this was what they recently remodeled I ask the architect for my money back. Bottom line: OK if not expecting much. Next visit to Waltham/Newton (about 3-4/year) I'll try someplace else.

Stayed March 2014
EmbassySuitesWAGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Sorry you didn't find our sofa beds comfortable. We will certainly check the sofa in the suite you and your family stayed in to ensure there is nothing wrong with it. Regarding our breakfast area, we agree with your comments and couldn't be happier that we will beginning our restaurant buffet renovations in a couple of weeks. This work will address the flow of our buffet and make the entire breakfast experience much more efficient.

We certainly do hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are in Waltham as we would love to be able to showcase our renovated product!

Regards,

EmbassySuitesWAGM
Colleyville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a great Property - Super convenient to the freeway and Waltham business district - I have already recommended the property to several of my co-workers who regularly travel to Waltham. I will be staying here whenever I am in the area

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!