“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Doubletree Guest Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X Points!
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was clean, well managed and had newer amenities. Breakfast was stellar (as expected at embassy suites). This hotel is conveniently located to the highway. Pool, hot tub and workout facility were above average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I am a travel agent and I have to admit I have an allegiance with another major hotel chain. However, after staying at this hotel I would never think twice about staying at an Embassy Suites again if the opportunity presented itself. I was staying here with my daughters soccer team and therefore we had a very good rate.

What made this hotel so great for me was the morning breakfast. The complementary breakfasts that I am accustomed to don't, come close to the breakfast we had each morning. There were omelets made to order each morning and one day they made french toast to order and the other day they offered pancakes to order. I make some of the best pancakes from scratch and I dare say I think these could have been better.

If you are traveling with a group this is a great hotel as it has a wonderful seating area in the lobby with a bar and restaurant.

The rooms were also terrific. It is a 2 rooms suite with a mini fridge, sink and microwave in the middle and then a door into the bedroom. There was a TV in each room. The beds were very comfortable with the new linens that most hotels seem to be using these days. My room faced the main road and next time I would request a room on the back side of the hotel. I did request a quiet room and I would not consider the room I had to be quiet but it was not worth giving a lower recommendation.

The front desk staff was very helpful in providing directions and making recommendations. Both nights we drove into Boston and it was easy to get to.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the main road but opposite them would be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Winthrop, ME
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

At $200/night, this hotel was a little more expensive than I was accustomed to, but my usual places were full. It is a lovely hotel inside, with an open bar area/waterfall overlooked from every floor by balconies, and each room is a comfortable two-room suite. They also offer a full breakfast, which was wonderful. However, my experience was marred by several things. First, upon entering the building, I was assaulted by exhaust fumes from vans waiting in the covered driveway area. In the room,when I went to plug in my laptop, I found very few outlets, and all inconveniently located, so I had to bend down with my arthritic knee to access one. Then, I got charged $12.95 for Internet access, even though the Web site says access is free if you are a rewards member (which I was). They charged me anyway. For $200 a night, I would have expected a little more convenience. Really disappointed - won't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Laura B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay. I respect your feedback and apologize you were disappointed in your visit. My staff and I strive to provide a great guest experience for everyone and I am sorry we fell short in this goal. I will certainly take your feedback constructively and apply your comments to further improve our operation, especially as it pertains to idling vehicles in the front of the hotel as well as electricity accessibility throughout our suites. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your two-room suite and complimentary full cooked to order breakfast. My team and I truly hope to have another chance to show you the value and quality you deserve the next time you are in our area.
Best regards,
Rob Weitz
Waltham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was impressed most by how affordable the room was when you consider the size and all the amenities that came with it from the pool, spa, gym to the free snacks when we arrived and breakfast in the morning (All of which I took advantage of). Not all hotels offer all those at such a great rate. I will recommend and choose to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This has become one of our favorite hotels to stay at when we're in the Boston area. It's about a 15 minute drive from the city itself but it's easy to find right off the highway. It's clean and welcoming. The kids love the glass elevators which overlook the lounge area and lobby. They do a complimentary manager's reception in the evening offering non alcoholic drinks and snacks. They also include a cooked to order breakfast buffet in the morning which is delicious. There's so much food to choose from. The room is more than spacious with a living room with a pull out sofa bed for the kids, a dining table, chair, sink, fridge, microwave, large bathroom with tub and a large bedroom with a king size bed. It's also a very quiet hotel. We also enjoy the heated pool and hot tub. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sarasota,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I will return to Albuquerque anyday, but perhaps not here! Albuquerque has a fab evening comp time. Good snacks etc. Staff really pleasant. Hospitals are quite close by. Easy to get to if necessary!

I doubt I will stay in Waltham again as there are way too many children which is probably why No good comp beverages.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear lucymom79,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at our hotel. We strive for our Evening Manager’s Reception to be held to the Embassy Suites high standards that you will find across the country but unfortunately, we cannot serve alcoholic beverages because of Massachusetts STATE LAW. I truly sincerely apologize that that we did not meet your expectation for complimentary alcoholic beverages in addition to the many younger guests in the hotel. During our Evening Manager's Reception, all non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience and reviews like these provide insight. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area, so we can demonstrate the level of hospitality the Embassy Suites brand is known for.
Rob Weitz
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for three nights for a business engagement in Waltham.
The rooms are spacious, clean and beautifully appointment. The restaurant is more than adequate and the bar/lounge is comfortable and inviting.
I would honestly recommend this hotel to anyone who need to be in the area - for business or otherwise.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waltham
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Courtyard Boston Waltham
Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham
The Westin Waltham-Boston
HYATT house Boston/Waltham

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!