“A perfect family stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham

You added Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Doubletree Guest Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book 2X Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“A perfect family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

From my easy research on TA, I found this hotel highly rated. So booked! Glad we did. The stay was much better than expected. A hidden gem.

Beautiful hotel. I love the layout of the common area. Our suite was clean and nice. The breakfast was of high quality considering it is complementary breakfast. Order-to-cook omelettes were great--not the basic plain omelettes.

The lobby has free internet, which was enough for our needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great noise control in rooms, clean and pleasant pool/hot tub, VERY comfy beds and pillows. Breakfast is amazing, with custom ordered omelets and french toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, you name it. My kids really enjoyed the evening reception (snacks and beverages).

connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i just spent 7 nights at this hotel. the place is well maintained, the 2 room suites are spacious and comfortable. the free breakfast includes made-to-order omelets. my one criticism is that for $200/night [including taxes] they could afford to let you use the internet without an extra charge.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Gross! Hair on shower walls and bathroom floors, crumbs on coffee table, comforters smelled stale as if it has not been laundered. The reception desk moved me to a different room FAST! They also have a good breakfast selection that's why I gave they get at least two stars for their customer service. I would rather have a clean room than have free breakfast. So, I suggest that they should be more strict with housekeeping! Make sure you don't go barefoot walking on those carpeted floors because I don't even know if they vacuum it well!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear D D,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham. On behalf of the entire team I sincerely apologize about the condition and cleanliness of your suite. Please be assured this is very concerning to me and my team that should even one suite fail to be properly cleaned we take further action through training and communication to keep this from happening ever again. If fact, should you have a moment to contact me directly, I would be able to identify the actual housekeeper responsible for your suite and provided further training and oversight. In addition, we provide our team with the equipment and tools to do their job effectively and to ensure ultimate cleanliness. I’m glad to read that our staff handled this issue and hope that you were satisfied after this uncomfortable situation. Again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel @ 781-890-6767.
I look forward to your return visit and I am certain you will have a most pleasant experience.
Best regards,
Rob Weitz
Saint Albans, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We visted MA for my grandsons baptism. I searched on line, and found this place. To my surprise, this is a gem! The room was beautiful and spacious, the bathroom spotless and very modern, and the king size bed was extremely comfortable. There was also a living room, which turned out to be a great feature, as my son and the baby came to visit, as the Mommie was not feeling well. The room had enough space for 5 adults, and one baby with accessories! There was a small refrigerator, microwave, that was laid out very nicely. The rooms overlook the court yard. There was a party going on which we could see over the railing, but they were having a great time, and didn't bother us at all. The room was very reasonably priced, free parking, which was something I was interested in, along with breakfast to order included. There was a complete aray of breakfast foods, both hot and cold. We will definately stay at this hotel the next time we are in the Boston area. Don't overlook this hotel, it is wonderful!!

Room Tip: Open party space, might be an issue for families with small children
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in the area dropping my little sister off for school and we stayed here as we often do. This was the last place my mom stayed before she passed and its always a good place and memory for us. My mom absolutely loved this hotel. At the time she couldnt walk and someone got a wheelchair for her and brought her to the room and carried her bags; way above my expectations and i didnt think that people were that caring. They are always friendly and smiling. The breakfast and evening reception are great. i dont have one bad or negtive thing to say. The beds are comfortable and i can always get a good night sleep. The anemities are great and smell so good. I use the lotion at work and people are always complimenting me. This is a really exceptional hotel and i Love it!

Room Tip: I had gotten a 2 room suite and have had a corner room and they were both great very roomy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We arrived on December 27th after traveling through winter storm for 2 days from NC to a welcoming clean 2 room suite. We enjoyed the complimentary drinks in the lobby as well as the snacks.The suite was spacious with nicely furnished sitting area and large desk for computer work. We were able to get a good rate at approx.105$ per night with pay in advance through hotels.com. It was a great deal considering the holiday season and expensive Boston area and with breakfast included! The line for the cooked-to-order omeletes was about 45 mins but it was well worth it. The chefs were friendly despite the demanding crowd and delivered beautiful omelets under crazy conditions; I would recommend a ticket system for the sake of the chefs who endured wild requests from a very hungry crowd.There are plenty of extras for breakfast including potatoes, fresh fruits, and they are constantly bringing in fresh coffee at the coffee station. Overall, the kitchen staff was very attentive given the huge influx of travelers for the holiday. We used the weight room, which was very clean and had TV stations for each machine. It was small, but I think perfect as most people were enjoying the pool, which was impressive. For a family, the breakfast is more of a brunch, and will help with the expense as there really is no need for lunch.There is also a nice small kitchen area with sink, refrigerator, and microwave so I would advise bringing snacks as well as microwavable small meals. The decor of the lobby is nice, and 6 inches of snow, the way these hotels are designed, makes you feel as if you are on vacation somewhere warm. Exceptional value and you can not beat the great chefs!

Room Tip: Choose second floor for easier access to pool, exercise room, and laundry room if you have kids. We...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!