“Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham

You added Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Doubletree Guest Suites Boston/Waltham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book 2X Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Texas
“Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is an email I sent to the General Manager at the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham. If you are looking for a Hotel Experience of a lifetime, you must visit this hotel on your visit to Boston. Waltham is located approximately 10 miles from Boston. It is surrounding by great attractions, dining places and Universities. This Hotel Staff makes the short drive into Boston worth the while.
------------
Mr. Weitz, I just wanted to pass along a note to you to advise to exemplary customer service provided by your entire staff that I have exhibited on more than one occasion. I was a guest at the Embassy Suites, Waltham the week of August 23, 2012 through September 2, 2012, and again on November 20, 2012 through November 26, 2012, residing in room # 518. Following my last visit at the Hotel, I failed to pass on my thoughts regarding the customer service provided by your staff, but following my most recent stay at the property, I had to make a point to express my satisfaction. I stay in and out of hotels on a bi-weekly basis traveling on company business, not counting vacation stays. I can truly say throughout my (50) years of staying in and out of hotel, I have never experienced the customer services provided at your property. When entering your property, you are treated with a warm welcoming as though you are at home. From the Concierge, the Front Desk, the Wait Staff and Housekeeping, everyone treat you as though you are their only customer. The cleanliness of the property and friendliness of the staff goes beyond I can say or put in writing. Being positive, I wish I could say, and hopefully I would be able to one day say this about other services of customer service that I might experience elsewhere in the future. However, I doubt it very, very serious that I will ever experience the level of customer service provided by your staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very pleased with hotel from front desk to large suite. Quiet yet near I95. Free breakfast. Will stay here again. Plus double dipping points with Hilton. Free parking. Near gas station. Price of $100 was excellent. Free cot too.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our family stayed two nights at the hotel whilst we toured around. Waltham is in the suburbs of Bostson. We stayed there because it was good value and it had free onsite parking. We were a little early when we arrived at the hotel and the desk staff arranged for us to get into our room a little earlier. The gentleman on the desk was really helpful. I do not recall his name however, I remember him saying he had been to Australia whilst in the USAF. This gentleman provided us with all the details of how the drive to the nearest rail station (Riverside - 3 miles) and catch the commuter train to Boston (I think the locals call the train "the Charlie"- train ride took 30 mins). The hotel had a very good complementary cooked breakfast and we also ate dinner in the restaurant, the food was very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Like other reviewers said, this is an excellent hotel. Most of the stuff look new: bathroom, furnitures, microwave, refrigerator and 2 flatscreen HD-TV. The TV signals are in HD, still unusual for hotels these days. Price is great, so is the breakfast and free parking. Safes are provided in the front desk. The glass elevators are another nice touch. My only complaint is wifi wasn't supposed to be free although they gave me promotional free wifi code during my stay. I think most hotels have free wifi these days so embassy suite should be doing the same.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice spacious rooms with excellent service. The restaurant had good food and breakfast is included. Pool is nice but I had to walk down a flight of stairs to reach an "accessible" pool.

One minor quibble this is an extended stay hotel Why such tiny trash cans?

• Stayed November 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed here twice. The value is good but be prepared to have a full house on the weekends when the hotel fills up with sport teams visiting Boston throughout the year. The rooms are typical roomy suites with a door between the living room and bedroom. Little things were somewhat irritating-needing to inform the front desk that dished from the prior occupant had still n ot been picked up by dinner time the day we arrived, and a couple of lights that needed to be replaced. The breakfast in the mornings is a zoo if you do not get there early. The reception in the afternoon does not include the normal alcoholic beverages (apparently a state law). All in all, a pleasant stay, efficient and helpful staff, and a good bargain to boot.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 34-35-36-and 37 are off in an alcove off the beaten path.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Typical Embassy Suites room -- spacious, decently-appointed. Great high-def flat screen tv in the bedroom (I never used the one in the living room). Comfortable bed, nice bathroom -- just about everything you would want for a short business trip. Had dinner in the lounge area on the night of arrival -- decent chicken pasta dish and glass of wine. Had a drink there with colleagues the following night. Service was fine. Plenty of tv's around for watching sports or, in our case, the election results. The complimentary "made to order" breakfast was great -- food was fresh, well-prepared, great service.

Also used the fitness room on my evening of arrival and was pleased with the variety of equipment -- aerobic machines, free weights, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham? Share your experiences!