When I booked this hotel I booked at the Doubletree. The Doubletree is my favorite place to stay anytime I have to stay in a hotel and have a choice on the accommodations. Having been a flight attendant I have stayed at MANY hotels in my life. I was disappointed to find out when I checked in that it had switched to the Embassy Suites, however, I did not let the name change sway my opinion of my surroundings. Upon arriving I was pleased with the atmosphere in the lobby. Unfortunately, when we went up to our room we found three maid carts parked all around our door. At first I thought they were cleaning the room but there were no maids in sight. The carts remained there all night.
At around 1:15 am a fire alarm went off. We were forced to wait outside while the fire department came to investigate. No one working at that time had any information to give us. We just stood around waiting to hear something. Eventually we were told we could go back to our rooms but were never told what happened. Rumor was it was a false alarm, which would have been nice to know. The female working the desk stood around looking awkward and didn't seem sure of what to say or do.
Having a long drive ahead of us early the next morning, my husband and I went back to bed only to be woken up a few minutes later by the alarm again, followed by someone on the intercom saying it was all clear and we could go back to our rooms. Perhaps the staff needs more training on the procedures for an emergency situation.
Finally, the next morning as we were packing and getting ready to leave, I turned on the television to watch the news. We were disappointed to learn that the cable was out.
Today when I checked my bank statement I learned that the hotel put a $50 hold on my card for "incidentals"...something that was NOT explained during check-in. When I called to inquire I was told that this information is on my keycard (does anyone actually read that?) and I should have known. The customer service provided by the people answering the phones is very poor. The first rule in customer service I learned is it is never the customer's fault. At the very least they could indicate upon check-in the hold or even tell us to read the keycard for information. No person I know likes to have their money messed with.
Last, I will say that the breakfast was decent. Since it was included in the stay I can't really complain much but I will comment that the breakfast meats were not good.
The few hours we spent in this hotel were not worth the money. I missed the warm chocolate chip cookies Doubletree offered at check-in.
The next time we are in town we will stay with family or somewhere else. Even sleeping in the car would have been more enjoyable...at least I would have gotten a full nights rest--uninterrupted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham located in Boston’s High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our upscale hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities, Wellesley and Regis Colleges. If you’re traveling to Boston on business or vacation, enjoy spacious two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary nightly Manager’s Reception. Plan your business conference, reunion, Bar Mitztvah, or wedding in one of our nine meeting and banquet rooms which can accommodate up to 300 guests. Enlist our experienced catering and meeting staff to plan a memorable event. Our all-suite hotel provides you with more. Enjoy signature omelets at our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary parking, a 24-hour BusinessLink Business Center, indoor heated pool, and 24-hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Waltham