“Stay! A New Favorite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   595 North Avenue, Wakefield, MA 01880 (Formerly Lord Wakefield Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Wakefield
Canton, Ohio
“Stay! A New Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

First, I do not know if I have enough good words to say. The value is excellent for the greater Boston Area. Being someone who travels quite extensively I know what to expect and where. The staff: Personable, friendly, professional, and they make you feel at home. The breakfast: What a refreshing change of pace. A Real Breakfast! Not they atypical fake eggs, fake bacon, WWII surplus bread and cereal. The restaurant: Fantastic value! Definitely recommend the Cheeseburger. Cooked to order and done right. I was there for 2 nights and ate there both nights, dinner was perfect every time. Summary: Don't bother staying anywhere else when you are in the area.

Mark E

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. i will be sure to pass on your comments to the kitchen staff. Hope to see you again soon!

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

It might not be the Ritz-Carlton but it also doesn't cost 350 a night to stay there. Im about to stay there for the third time within a year.Their a work in progress. The staff go out of there way to make you feel at home. The food is outstanding and they have great bar to throw back a few cold ones.So be patient there trying as hard as possible to make this clarion the best it can be.

thanks for everything from LAS VEGAS
BOSTONBILLY

Room Tip: Bring an umbrella
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Billy O,

Thank you very much for the kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Boston area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is under going renovations, I get that but we were there for three days, and we did not get maid service once. The first day we were assured that it was a mistake. By the second day we asked for the manager, who offered us a free breakfast, which our flight leaves early the next morning. The manager was going look into it. Over all bad service. Clean towels and sheets, please! The hotel is older and they are redoing it but keep the basics please.

• Stayed November 2013
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. I have spoken with the housekeeping manager and we are going to be doing some refresher training with the housekeeping staff. I hope that you would give us another chance to get it right on your next visit to the Boston area.
Londonderry, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times this year only because if its convience to where I was working. Rooms are very small no blankets on beds, Unable to use the WiFi . Matress was fine, but poorly renovated not great quality, shower rod detatching fropm wall, Poor paint job. Breakfast was good- but not free like most choice hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

I am very sorry that you have had a less than enjoyable stay with us. We are always striving to make our hotel better and your feedback helps. With that said all of our rooms and beds have blankets on them however we no longer put bedspreads on them. I do apologize for the shower rod detaching in your room. That was most unfortunate and unacceptable. You are correct that we do not offer a free breakfast to our guests however we do offer a discount for breakfast to all of our hotel guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Watervliet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am a Choice Hotels rewards member. I travel weely for my job and found the Clarion in Wakefield by luck. I have stayed here four times over the last few months and have enjoyed each stay to the fullest. Everyone at the Clarion is warm and friendly. Rooms are clean and location is right outside of city. This is the only Choice hotel (that I have stayed) that has a restaurant attached. Each morning they serve a wonderful breakfast (coupon included) and also have lunch and dinner items. I've had several meals and have been very pleased thus far. The hotel sits right on the lake and each morning you wake to a great view. I stay in hotels more than I'm home and the staff really does make me feel quite comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here and anytime I visit the Boston area I now have my home away from home. Thanks to all of you at The Clarion!

Room Tip: Get a room on the Lakeside.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have read a lot of these reviews and have my own opinion. I have stayed here a few times, in fact i am in my room right now. First, if you are staying in a $60 a night room right outside of boston what are you really expecting? you should expect either a run down hotel or a hotel undergoing renovation! This hotel is undergoing a renovation and they are doing a very nice job. I met the owner not very long after she bought the hotel and she detailed everything she is going to do the property and i think it will be excellent when she is done. Keep in mind, it has only been about 12 months since she bought it. Considering the neglect this property has seen for many years this is a major undertaking! As to the state of the rooms currently, they are improving, albeit slowly. i have had the good fortune of having a done room and they are great, i am currently in a "not done room" not beautiful but the artwork is nice and when everything else is done, assuming it looks like the done room i was in it will be great. Just be realistic when staying in a hotel that is undergoing renovation and is $60 a night right outside of Boston, if you dont want a room that is dated and needs work i would suggest a hotel that charges a minimum of $200 a night if in this area. One last thing, I was told they are going to redo the pool, don"t know when but i am lobbying for a hot tub if and when they do!

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been renovated, the lake side view is great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a nice review! We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for 1 week on a vacation to Boston as part of our world travels. The hotel staff, including bartenders, front desk, cleaners etc were fantastic to us. We were greeted by a "good morning" every day without failure. Our room was clean, comfortable and had no fuss with next door disruptions as some people complain about. The bar serves great portions of food for the price, and has a good atmosphere in the right nights. There is a bus stop right out the front of the main road which makes it really easy to get into downtown Boston. Just be sure to check the timetable as the buses don't come as regularly as you may demand. We met some brilliant people at the bar and lobby, some who had been coming back for years. We loved hearing what they had to say. I will be coming back here in the future to spend time in Boston. Keep up the good work guys!

Stayed October 2013
Robin B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!