“Café Jag’s is so-so.” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Albion Street
Transit: Take the commuter rail (Purple Line) to the Wakefield Stop. Cafe Jag"s is located right at the Train Depot at 33 Tuttle Street.
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Café Jag’s is so-so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

4 of us went to Café Jag’s. The table where we were seated had a very bright entry-way light shining on us – we could have used sunglasses. We ordered drinks and 3 of them came back wrong – cosmos and a dirty martini. The waitress said that she knew they were wrong and that she would make it up to us. I am still not sure what she meant when she said she would “make it up to us”. She charged us full price for the bad Cosmos and brought some olive juice for me to pour into my martini when I was ¾ done my martini.

The food was just OK. The steak tips were gristly; the chicken parm was tasteless and the pork chops in vinegar peppers were nothing to write home about.

The bill was wrong as we were overcharged for one of the meals.

The noise level is so loud that you can hardly have a conversation.

We had hoped for a nice dinner, but that wasn’t the case.

I rated the restaurant "average" but that may be a little too high.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

boston
“Much better than we had expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I visited this little restaurant 3 times, with my husband once, and with friends twice. Each time, the food was very good and prepared to order. The prices were reasonably prices and the quality excellent! We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine each time we visited, and were not dissapointed. There is not a bar, so go if you are looking for a small table with limited seating and nice selection and food. I recommend this restaurant, it is definately worth checking out!

• Visited October 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Try the delicious and generous breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I have heard lots of buzz about this place. Today we tried it for breakfast. I felt like eggs and pancakes but didn't want a complete breakfast with toast and home fries. So I ordered 2 eggs and one pancake. The eggs were perfectly cooked. The pancake was the best ever! A unique batter that tasted like a cross between a pancake and a doughnut! $5.25. My husband's Irish Eggs Benedict were awesome with homemade corned beef hash. The server was around to refresh coffee but not overly intrusive which was nice. The bathroom was spotless and tastefully decorated. A nice touch is the commuter rail train passing right by the back door. We will be back...maybe tomorrow! Dinner menu looks incredible...cedar plank salmon in my future for sure!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, MA
“Good value if you get the early bird specials”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Jag's is a small restaurant located next to train tracks. The food is good, especially the bread. I've been several times and only had a problem once and that was with the veal parm which was tough. However, the management, to their credit, when they heard of our disappointment, did not charge us for the meal. The service is impersonal and the environment is somewhat modern and for some may feel "cold". The prices are a bit high unless you get the early bird special which is a very good value. I've heard they have a nice Sunday brunch, but that it can be very crowded. In summary, Jag's is a good place to go if it's mid week, if you don't want to wait to be seated and if you arrive early enough for the early bird specials.

• Visited December 2010