“One of the best views in Boracay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Greenhouse (Boracay Beach House)

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manoc-Manoc
The Greenhouse (Boracay Beach House)
White Beach, Manoc-Manoc, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Manoc-Manoc B&B and Inns
Perth
“One of the best views in Boracay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here after leaving the craziness which was Nigi Nigi Nu Nu in Station 2. Ozzie (the owner) was so accommodating and fitted us in at v short notice! Ozzie was great and took 20 mins to sit down with us and explain the island and what to do and what not to do. He made us feel really welcome and even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine! The location is amazing and you feel like your on a completely different island after hectic Station 2. The far end of Station 3 is the best place to stay on the island hands down! The room (although not overly luxurious ) was really nice, comfortable and had everything we needed. The view was just superb and to wake up and look out out the ocean in the morning was exactly what we wanted from my holiday. We had Ozzie's recommended "fruit lady" come cut up fresh fruit at the table in the morning which was delicious! Also amazing value for money. Ozzie charges us a special rate of $90 a night for the top of the house which we thought was very reasonable.
Here's the pros and cons
Pros
- great location
- great view
-good price
- Ozzie kindly lent us his snorkel gear
-very nice inside
- private area and sunbeds to sit and view the ocean

Con's
- none!

Stay here if you can get in!!!

• Stayed May 2012

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Greenhouse was an excellent find...We rented the whole house...its perfect for two couples and a couple children. It was very clean and comfortable...SPECTACULAR VIEW!! The owners and the staff were great...it felt very homey and relaxing...there was no noise or problems with local kids hanging around as stated in a previous review...as a matter of fact is was very peaceful....we had a minor problem with the sliding glass door but that was promptly taken care of the next day....I have to say it was great value and a perfect location...i cant wait until i can get back there!

Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

the house is located at the calm end of the beach, not far to walk to the busy promenade with a lot of bars, restaurants and discos.
at the greenhouse it is pretty quiet during the day and totally quiet in the night:
no annoying kids (we rented the whole house to be sure we dont have to share the terrace with other people), vendors or hammering noise as some posters described before. i could relax very well and took my nap everyday in one of the comfortable lying chairs on the terrace. both floors were clean (cleaned up everyday) and well equipped (fridge, ac in all rooms, safety box, tv, wifi). the first floor has a big balcony with
sofas and a perfect sea view (the staircase has been renewed in the meantime).
the house is separated by bambus fences to the neighbour houses, so you are really all by yourself.
to sum it up i would strongly recommend the greenhouse and for sure come back again.

southern germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I really have come around a lot, but this is definitely the best place I have ever been to.
Ok, it is not cheap, but it is value for money. Helpful staff, clean and well-equipped rooms and of course paradise-view from balcony/own beach...
We rented the whole spot (for a better price, do it via the owners Internet-page!) and never had any problems with vendors, kids or whatever could possibly spoil this beautiful place...

Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We have arrived back from Boracay and have just read the comments listed, We can not believe we went to the same Beach House. We stayed upstairs in the house where the views are splendid infact breath taking. The accommodation was as described on the owners web page. The apartment was very clean and fresh, with a fantastic large shower, fresh bedding and clean towels daily. We had a most relaxing holiday, chilled out on the beach every day in front of the house with no noise apart from the occasional sound of the waves. The owners are most helpful with local information. I would definitely highly recommend The Green House.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Glad I didn't read the previous review before I went, I might not have gone! My experience was a bit difference than the previous posters. I traveled with a friend, and we rented the entire house. That would make a huge difference; I don't think I would have felt comfortable sharing the space with someone I didn't know. The location of the house is perfect, it is right on the beach, towards the quiet end. The views from the house are stunning. The property is a bit old, and some things are in need of repair. In fact, several small issues occurred while we we there, but they were promptly handled by the caretaker. I agree about the staircase, it is dangerous. We didn't have any issues with children coming onto the property, and the "vendors" on the beach respected it was private property and never entered the area. I would return to the property, as we didn't pay much more than the previous poster for the entire house. A huge bonus is the free wifi. However, I would check out some of the other houses around it to see if they were avaialbe to give them a try.

The biggest negatives: 1. Construciton right next door. Hammering from 9-5, decreased our expereince. If this would bother you, check to make sure before you book. 2. Total rip off by the caretaker on the last day. She arranged transport for us to the dock for transfer, I should have asked the price before we got in, but I didn't. We were WAY overcharged! Very bad way to end the otherwise perfect vacation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

we stayed here last month.
We stayed in the upstairs room of this house (with the balcony) For the money they are asking, it is very run down.
We paid almost £700.00 for this room. The stairs leading up to the room on the side of the house are VERY dangerous. The wood is rotten on a few of them and as you walk on them you can feel them giving way. The handrail also needs replacing as it is very loose and even one of the spindles came out whilst I was using it to aid myself up the stairs. You wander why they dont show a picture of the shower??? well....... lets just say theres room for improvement!! And the drains smell when you go in the bathroom too.

The veiw however was stunning, right on the beach. (It was our 1st anniversary so was our romantic get away).
There was a childrens makeshift swing right outside the property and quite alot of kids hung around all day so you couldnt really chill out properly. This was made worse by the people that moved in downstairs. They had kiddies. Dont get me wrong, they were good kids, but the eldest girl kept giving the local kids money, and toys. From our 3rd day (of 10 days) we were then inundated with kids in the patio!!!! 25 at one count!!! so as you can understand it totally ruined our romantic holiday!!! The people downstairs did not have any respect for our feelings or holiday. I complained to one of the caretakers and they removed the kids, but they kept coming back in and didnt take any notice. We will never go there again. It was way over priced, and it cost us also an extra £50.00 because they dont have a credit card facility (even though we paid the deposit by credit card!!) they dont tell you this until after you have booked and paid the deposit by the way.)
So we tried to get the cash out from the banks but half the time they were empty or they didnt allow that much to be drawn out in one go. So we had to use the tourist centre for the cash who charge 7.5%.
I will definatley visit Boracay again but NEVER this property again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Greenhouse (Boracay Beach House)? Share your experiences!