“The Freshest Seafood Always!!! Great and Tasty” 5 of 5 stars

5 Martin Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568
(508) 693-1220
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
“The Freshest Seafood Always!!! Great and Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I look forward to visiting John's Fishmarket/Sandy's Carry-Out every year!!!!! They have the best and freshest lobster rolls on the island; fabulous fish sandwiches (made with flounder or haddock); yummy fried clams and scallops; great fries; and excellent Italian seafood stew!!! My husband likes their veggie burgers. I ate there everyday until they closed for the season, this year. If you go during the summer season, I highly recommend the scallop with linguini dish--much better than Jimmy Seas and enough for several meals! I look forward to it annually! (Please note, that this place is on the market for sale....I selfishly hope no-one buys it!)

anywhere for a good meal
“If you're looking to be insulted..this is the place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

One of the surliest group of people I've ever encountered..and their fresh fish pricing is almost always over the top. Try the Net Result....better in price for certain...and they actually smile there like they're happy to have your business.

What a great concept..treat your customers with respect.

Geez...why didn't they think of that.

New York City, New York
“John's Fish Market, Vineyard Haven MA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

About the BEST not fancy but great FRESH seafood.
I would go every day, before the beach, to get my Lobster roll. I actually buy 2 Lobster rolls a day. It got to be very expensive!!!:)..BUT...What are vacations for?!!
I would go even, when I DIDN'T have the car.. I would Rollerblade over from Oaks Bluff.. NOW THAT'S A TESTIMONY.. to how much I love their food. The fried oysters, clams, fries..everything!
The prices aren't cheap but for the few days that you have access to them, go for it!!
Enjoy!!!