“Absolutley Wonderful:)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansion House

You added Mansion House to your Saves list
Mansion House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Main St., Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
GreenLeadersSilver level
Babylon, New York
“Absolutley Wonderful:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. There is plenty to do at this hotel such as relaxing yoga, the indoor pool, the spa, and the cupola serving complimentary lemonade. This hotel is close to the Black Dog Tavern, the ferry, and the buses. Although the location of vineyard haven is quiet, the bus ride to Oak Bluffs is short and inexpensive. There are nice shops around the Mansion House and the hotel itself is very clean and cute. Overall, we highly recommend the Mansion House for your Martha's Vineyard stay.

Room Tip: If you want a better view of the harbor, higher level rooms would be better. However, the first floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

A group of us stayed at the Mansion House Inn in early Aug. Jim Cleary, the manager, was a great help to us throughout our planning and arrival. The front desk and staff, Bud, Leah, to name a couple, were friendly and very helpful in getting everyone accommodated hours before check-in. After the all night and morning traveling, we appreciated the expediency. We stayed in various rooms and no one was disappointed or had any complaints. Our stay was divine, far exceeding our expectations. Our rooms were spacious, clean and bright. The bathrooms were spacious with 5 star luxurious and plentiful bath linen. The water views from some of the rooms were gorgeous. The daily cold breakfast was very good and Guy, the attendant, was very friendly and kept the food coming. Thank you, Guy for taking care of us with a smile. We took our breakfast up to the roof top cupola to both eat and take in the water view--lovely. And we can't say enough about having the health club, spa, and swimming pool on the premises. Mansion House is in close walking distance/steps of shops, restaurants, public transit, beach, and ferry. We highly recommend the Mansion House and look forward to future visits.

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at the Mansion House for 4 nights in August. The hotel is very nice, and excellent location. If you are visiting the Vineyard for the first time or if you frequent the island this hotel is a great start. The rooms are clean and spacious. My room did not have a balcony but it had a view of Main Street.
The gentleman in charge of the continental breakfast was warm and inviting. The housekeeping staff was pleasant, and professional. The front desk offers beach chairs and towels which we utilized several times. I would define pry stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We are currently staying at the Mansion House. We have only been here half a day but both of the employees that we have spoken to have been extremely rude. Especially Jay. He could not have been, more condescending, and arrogant. This is a beautiful hotel with much charm, but I will not return to a hotel with an obnoxious front desk man who rolls his eyes while I spoke to him. When I ask a serious question, and he continuously replies with pompous and sarcastic answers. He clearly made me feel like I was interrupting him and was a bother. Instead of asking a hotel employee for advice on the local area, I will revert to TripAdvisor.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperMV, Owner at Mansion House, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
As the owner of Mansion House I wasted no time in trying to contact sssowens 313, who is staying at the Inn, leaving cell and room phone messages. Finally I slipped a note under his door. I wrote:

“I am so sorry that your visit started this way and I hope that whatever happened at the desk is an isolated, idiosyncratic moment that is never repeated. It is unreal to me to think that our Front Desk staff was so rude that you wrote this review immediately while on your first day of your Monday to Sunday Vineyard vacation.

I am totally at wits end after interviewing staff and trying to get a sense of what might have happened. Usually, the Employee you called out is signaled out for complements. I immediately called your room & cell and left messages as I hope you will give me the opportunity to decipher this damaging review.

As I write this the Vineyard is weather perfect and I hope your day is going well.
As a small, family owned Inn, we are so proud of our staff and our customer service. I look forward to meeting you. ”

I still have not yet heard from him, but hope I do, His review remains mind boggling.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Our couple of nights stay at Mansion House was a delight from welcome to departure. Our triple room was lovely, clean and spacious with a good size bathroom and delightful terrace, where we enjoyed eating the complimentary breakfast collected from the first floor on a beautifully decorative tray supplied in the room. We enjoyed the wonderful views from the roof terrace sitting on a rocking chair sipping the complimentary lemonade. The pool was lovely and we highly recommend the complimentary exercise classes. Our favourite was the Zumba class run by Max, who was so lovely and enthusiastic making us all (including my husband, the only male in the class) very welcome with extra guidance to help us with the steps. We loved this hotel and can't recommend it high enough for a wonderful treat in a lovely location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The room was clean, with hardwood flooring. Breakfast, included with room, was a bit better than continental. The staff was very accommodating to the late eaters coming in after exercise classes. The exercise classes, included with free access to health club, are the bomb! The location is great, on the strip with restaurants and other shops, and within walking distance of the dock and bus service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the closing of doors can be heard through the walls throughout the early morning. But otherwise, great experience.

Room Tip: Newer rooms have hardwood flooring. first floor rooms' balcony sits at street level. More priva...
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were welcomed and made to feel at home immediately upon our arrival at the Mansion House. It is a lovely Victorian setting with unique rooms. There is a cupola where you can sit and watch the harbor, sunrise, sunset, etc. and mingle with other guests. There is a lovely gym and also spa, hot tub/sauna and pool. Our room was very clean, very large, and very unique. We had a sitting area with a day/trundle bed, as well as a large bedroom and a large balcony overlooking the town where we enjoyed spending time outside when not up at the cupola. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful. They arranged transportation for us and gave us excellent suggestions for what to do while on the island. I can't think of a thing they could do better, except maybe let me stay longer! Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Green Features: They do make an effort to be environmentally friendly and they have won awards for that. It makes me feel good about my choice to stay there.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Mansion House? Share your experiences!