“One of the best hotels on the Vineyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansion House

Save Saved
You added Mansion House to your Saves list
Mansion House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Main St., Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“One of the best hotels on the Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the second year my wife and I have stayed at the Mansion House. One word would describe this facility--"OUTSTANDING". Overlooking Vineyard Haven Harbor, the view from our balcony and also from the rooftop are breathtaking. The facility has a full service health club and also provides a buffet breakfast (Zephrus) that are included in the room rate. Spring and fall are excellent times of the year to visit the Vineyard as the crowds have gone and off-season room rates apply.The staff go out of their way to be of assistance and are very friendly and courteous. The manager, Bud, is very warm and welcoming. Overall, a great experience. Check out their website: mvmansionhouse.com.

Room Tip: Room 402 has a great view of the Harbor and very bright and sunny.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Bethel, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My long time friend and I were lucky to have stayed at the Mansion Inn this past week for 3 nights. As soon as we entered the lobby we were greeted by an amazing woman. Easy check in, lots of clear cut info and off we went to our room- Wow! the room was crisp and clean (and I am quite the freaky deak about cleanliness in hotels) the beds were super comfy and the white noise (?, if that's what it was) was quite nice....it sounded kind of like waves and did do a great job in whiting out any trucks or traffic-
Oh and before I forget.....when you stay there you have full access to yoga and all wellness classes! They have a full cardio room, weights room and indoor swimming! We took advantage of that!
It's smack dab in the center of many cool shops and a stone's through away from some great restaurants and public transportation stops. I would highly recommend a stay there-

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I would stay here again. They were so accomodating, friendly, helpful (Especially the night shift hotel attendent) and the food next door to the hotel was great. I loved the cleanliness, the energy, location, relaxing atomosphere. GOSH, I loved it. Thanks all at the Mansion House.

BTW: The home made ice cream shop on the way to/from the ferry port is A MUST GO...

Room Tip: I had a dog friendly room. My little Yoshi loved it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I agree with "Ruined Honeymoon" regarding the noisy AC unit and I want to warn people that the Mansion Inn is located on a major truck route. You will hear busses and trucks rumble by to all hours of the night.. It is 10pm and I just heard a truck go by. I stayed in a quieter hotel in downtown Chicago last month. Unlike "Ruined Honeymoon", my room was very clean. The room was well appointed. When I complained about the noise I was moved the next day to a more quiet room, but you could still hear the traffic noise. The staff here was very nice and tried their best to help us. I booked the special with the 4th night free a month in advance and had to pay for the entire stay at the time of booking. Since I had already paid, I was unable to check out early. In addition, the breakfast was unremarkable. I have had better included breakfasts at the Springhill Suites. If you are looking for a quiet restful Vineyard vacation don't book Mansion Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure your room in on the Beach St. side of the hotel
Southampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My sister's & I stayed at the Mansion House in mid-september. The location was great, the staff pleasant and helpful, the accomodations were warm and welcoming. Wonderful roof top deck was a great place for a glass of wine, to take your dinner or for an afternoon snooze in the sun. Breakfast was good and the adjoining restaurant good. A word to the wise - Vineyard Haven is a "damp" town (first I'd heard that term!) meaning they only serve wine, etc if you're eating and there's no place in town to buy it. So bring your own or get it in Oak Bluffs or Edgartown while there. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, we really enjoyed our stay there.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had such a lovely experience at this hotel. The rooms were new and clean, staff very helpful and the roof deck was spectacular! I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Don't book - RUN!

Had to leave and rebook at another hotel!

Dirty carpets, incredibly NOISY AC units were bad enough. Pulling back the sheets to see blood!? Yikes.

First we were guilted about calling for housekeeping for not-bloody sheets.

Then, we were offered earplugs despite that AC was next to bed, on duty mgmt had to yell over the noise to discuss with us.

No help despite pleading for another, CLEAN and QUIET room - and noting it was our honeymoon. Had to book last minute accommodations elsewhere on the Vineyard.

Zephyrs is overpriced and bland to bad food. Breakfast is poor, our second hotel put this entire business to shame. We had an amazing stay in our emergency booking (CLEAN quiet comfortable - amazing breakfast {5 choices of made-to-order meals included with room, plus free afternoon tea and incredible management!} - there are many great places to stay in MV)

There are many reasons that they have to diversify into yoga, and offer free nights on the rooms. Don't learn the hard way like we did!

Photos show the filthy AC units and carpeting - asthma sufferers BEWARE!

Room Tip: Rooms on the one side are on heavily traveled road - noise all night Rooms over restaurant suffer f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperMV, Owner at Mansion House, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Booking online Saturday for a Monday Honeymoon, sounds storybook perfect.

They took advantage of a September special and the Honeymooners got the
fourth night free. They felt that the room overlooking classic Main Street was too busy and
then they called the front desk at 9 pm, to report that the room they were
moved to had a noisy a/c. But by then, the dye was cast and Mansion House
could not make it right. The Inn was fully booked and we did what we could
at that late hour. Along with our best wishes and our hope that the rest of
their Vineyard vacation was more to their liking, we again offer our
apologies.

Been to Mansion House? Share your experiences!