“Great place to stay - value for money !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vineyard Harbor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Harbor Motel
Save Saved
You added Vineyard Harbor Motel to your Saves list
60 Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay - value for money !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

There are lots of good options to stay at the Vineyard but most of them are really pricey. This Motel is definitely a great place to stay for those folks who are NOT looking to spend $500 to $1500 a night. It is clean, next to a small private beach. Room service is everyday. The room we stayed in was clean and up-to-date with all kitchen amenities. You can drive to a beach in 15 minutes. The staff was very friendly and courteous. If you have small kids the beach is a perfect place for them to play. Very clean and quiet. We totally enjoyed our stay here with 2 small kids.

Room Tip: talk to the manager 'Marsha' and tell her what you are looking for. We had two kids and she...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vhmmv, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Wow....so glad you really enjoyed your 1st trip to the Island. There is much to do for the little ones whether here on property or around the Island. Looking forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for years whenever we come to the island. The staff are friendly & helpful. The proximity to town and the ferry are a short walk (maybe 5 minutes). The beach is right outside your door.

Every year we see many families return because it's a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are a great value on the island with clean rooms (we get ones with a kitchen). We always have a terrific stay.

• Stayed August 2013
vhmmv, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate your opinion, it honestly matters.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have been staying at the VH Motel for close to 30 years, it has a great beach that was perfect when the children were small, the Net Result restaurant is right across the street so you can either eat there or bring the food back to the picnic tables. Marsha, the new manager (the last couple of years) has done a lot of updating and she and her staff are always more than accommodating. I have always called the VH Motel the best deal on the island, you don't need a car the bus stops across the street, you have a beach and wonderful views, great restaurants within walking distance, and it's quiet at night. The price is reasonable, it doesn't get much better for an affordable place to stay on the vineyard !

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms have incredible views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marcia M, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Appreciate you, your family and your loyalty. Cannot say enough about our long time repeat guests, we should have a website to toot horns for many of our guests, they are what make us do what we do.
Auburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at this motel several times. It is clean but not luxurious. For the price, you simply can't beat it. Located steps from the Vineyard Haven ferry, having a car is not a necessity. Vineyard Haven is a quieter locale than Oak Bluffs as well. The private beach at this motel is great too. Everyone I've ever dealt with (both during high season and in the dead of winter) have been awesome. I've stayed here with my kids and also with a group before the annual MS Ride the Vineyard bike ride.

Room Tip: Room 217 has a separate bedroom with 2 "captains beds" in the main living space and abilit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much. We appreciate your reviews as much as our guests and potential guests do and look forward to your return.
Many Thanks,
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. It is within walking distance of the ferry at Vineyard Haven. We have stayed on the second floor, in the furthest room, looking out onto the beach. I will attach a photo from the window. The other rooms do not have a view like this. I would recommend the top floor for this view. I suppose there are four rooms with this similar view. The front desk is very helpful. They don't mean for you to party in the common area due to its proximity to the other rooms. We got shushed here a few times during our last visit. There is parking here and the beach access is very nice. I suppose it is a private spot for the Motel. I loved both trips here.
My hubby and I are planning another trip to MV in May, we will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: top floor, all the way at the end
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I work for a company located on the mainland and frequent both Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket year round with various projects that are always outdoors and in the elements. At the end of a solid twelve in the wet sticky snow all I (and anyone with me) could ask for is a hot shower and a dry bed. There being another and myself total, that means two hot showers and two dry beds. Just so happens my boss neglects to share those feelings. There is a huge problem there and won't get into it, however, the helpful staff was empathetic and kind towards our needs and worked there magic somehow, making it possible to get us a more suitable room for the same rate. They took it upon themselves to upgrade us in the middle of a nasty two day winter storm. As plainly as I've put it, this was an enormous solution to a volatile problem. I stay here for sometimes overnight, to five days at a time, year round... and have had some mishaps that there housekeeping have saved me from (such as me leaving things behind being in too big of a rush to holding them for as long as a month to give them back to me, etc.) Furthermore, this place has a nice view from their courtyard of the harbor, there's a couple great spots to eat super close and pretty reasonable for the island fair. But, the customer service at this place is as good as you're going to find on this rock, I hope they never change. I travel, and don't write many reviews, but if and when a place goes out if their way to help me out, I wasn't people to know it, thank you and I'll see you soon I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2013
Stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Vineyard Harbor Motel was just a block from where the ferry dock so walking with your luggage was no problem. The room we strayed in was big with a full size refrig and stove. The room was clean but a little dated. The motel had its own beach with lounge chairs. The motel was U shaped with a grassy area with tables in the middle.
It was well worth staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vineyard Harbor Motel? Share your experiences!