“Affordable, no frills, great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vineyard Harbor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Harbor Motel
Save Saved
You added Vineyard Harbor Motel to your Saves list
60 Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Auburn, Massachusetts
“Affordable, no frills, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at this motel several times. It is clean but not luxurious. For the price, you simply can't beat it. Located steps from the Vineyard Haven ferry, having a car is not a necessity. Vineyard Haven is a quieter locale than Oak Bluffs as well. The private beach at this motel is great too. Everyone I've ever dealt with (both during high season and in the dead of winter) have been awesome. I've stayed here with my kids and also with a group before the annual MS Ride the Vineyard bike ride.

Room Tip: Room 217 has a separate bedroom with 2 "captains beds" in the main living space and abilit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Marcia M, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so very much. We appreciate your reviews as much as our guests and potential guests do and look forward to your return.
Many Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. It is within walking distance of the ferry at Vineyard Haven. We have stayed on the second floor, in the furthest room, looking out onto the beach. I will attach a photo from the window. The other rooms do not have a view like this. I would recommend the top floor for this view. I suppose there are four rooms with this similar view. The front desk is very helpful. They don't mean for you to party in the common area due to its proximity to the other rooms. We got shushed here a few times during our last visit. There is parking here and the beach access is very nice. I suppose it is a private spot for the Motel. I loved both trips here.
My hubby and I are planning another trip to MV in May, we will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: top floor, all the way at the end
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I work for a company located on the mainland and frequent both Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket year round with various projects that are always outdoors and in the elements. At the end of a solid twelve in the wet sticky snow all I (and anyone with me) could ask for is a hot shower and a dry bed. There being another and myself total, that means two hot showers and two dry beds. Just so happens my boss neglects to share those feelings. There is a huge problem there and won't get into it, however, the helpful staff was empathetic and kind towards our needs and worked there magic somehow, making it possible to get us a more suitable room for the same rate. They took it upon themselves to upgrade us in the middle of a nasty two day winter storm. As plainly as I've put it, this was an enormous solution to a volatile problem. I stay here for sometimes overnight, to five days at a time, year round... and have had some mishaps that there housekeeping have saved me from (such as me leaving things behind being in too big of a rush to holding them for as long as a month to give them back to me, etc.) Furthermore, this place has a nice view from their courtyard of the harbor, there's a couple great spots to eat super close and pretty reasonable for the island fair. But, the customer service at this place is as good as you're going to find on this rock, I hope they never change. I travel, and don't write many reviews, but if and when a place goes out if their way to help me out, I wasn't people to know it, thank you and I'll see you soon I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2013
Stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Vineyard Harbor Motel was just a block from where the ferry dock so walking with your luggage was no problem. The room we strayed in was big with a full size refrig and stove. The room was clean but a little dated. The motel had its own beach with lounge chairs. The motel was U shaped with a grassy area with tables in the middle.
It was well worth staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Woburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff was the most accomodating group of folks that I have ever met.The Motel is an older facility. It was clean, spacious and one of the best views on the Island. It was handy to everything. For an extended trip it had a fully furnished kitchenette and a small living room area. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it would have been fine for two people. A diamond in the rough. On a side note: these folks have been offering special deals to military families over the Veterans day holiday for a while. They are not just good business folks, but also they are good citizens, rising to the occasion for our veterans and active duty military.

Room Tip: The rooms right on the Harbor beach of course have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful time of year,beautiful location,in walking distance of most every thing,
Oak Bluff (great shopping and restaurants)a short scenic bus 13 ride away.

But,truly the best part of our stay was from the first phone call and Tanya answered the phone she Ron, Marcia and Tracy went above and beyond to accommodate our Family.

From the use of the grill on the beach & the recreation room,for our Family history night, Thank u for making our family feel welcome.

We hope Ron is having a speedy recovery!

Room Tip: All rooms were clean & comfortable. Each room is decorated differently, some rooms have no kitch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hillside, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location, location, location. Yes, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is located near the ferry terminal, the Black Dog Tavern, the Stop & Shop and the heart of downtown Vineyard Haven, but it's the hospitality and warmth of the staff that made our 2013 Family Re-Union a success.

I was trully happy with my accommodations. I had a clean unit with fresh linen and towels. In the morning, I could slide open my window to get a fresh ocean breeze. For a $1/town bus fare, I could ride the local bus over to Oak Bluffs for dinner or site seeing.

We picked October for our re-union, because B&B and house rental prices are lower than in the peak season. Nevertheless, it's still very busy. The Vineyard Harbor Motel was the only property that was able to accommodate our group and still give us easy access to the amenities of Vineyard Haven and Oak Bluffs.

Tiered in two-stories, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is configured in the shape of a horse shoe. The open end faces the motel's private beach and Vineyard Harbor.

Apparently, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is actually a condomium/co-op(?). Each unit is furnished and decorated by it's owner. Each unit has a living/sleeping area, kitchen and bathroom, but there is no standard room configuration. For example, in unit #106, I stepped through the entry door directly into the sleeping area. In the rear of the unit on the left is the kitchen and on the right is the bathroom.

Several members of our family had second floor units. We compared notes on which units were our favorites and why. One of them remarked that my unit (#106) was her favorite layout. She remarked that her unit's layout was a little unconventional. In her second floor unit, she had to walk through her kitchen to get to her bathroom :-).

Aesthetically, my sister's unit (#110) was very attractive. It had what might be considered a more conventional layout. And, it was furnished with wicker furniture and a wicker wardrobe that gave it an added touch of class. Conversely, my unit (#106) was very functional and a desgn throw-back to the sixties with dark wood paneling and furniture :-).

After the re-union ended, I had a free day to visited the Cottage Museum on Oak Bluff's / Marth's Vineyard Camp Meeting Association grounds. I came away with a new perspective of the
Ginger Bread cottages and Oak Bluff's historic preservation effort. The history of the evolution of the seasonal campground meeting tents into semi-permanent cottages with outdoor kitchens and out-houses put what I was seeing into a totally different perspective. I guess on Martha's Vineyard architectural form followed [temporary seasnal housing] function :-)?

I couldn't find any modern chain hotels, when I searched for a room on Martha's Vineyard :-). Eventually, I threw away my normal hotel check list. Hotels with fitness centers, in-door heated pools, business centers, free parking and free breakfast buffets are few and / or far between on Martha's Vineyard :-). If you're among the very fortunate, you can find a room.

When my car broke down in route, I spoke to Ron on the front desk. He helped me extend my stay, until my car was fixed.

My Best Wishes to Ron and his family. He was emergency airlifted off Martha's Vineyard, our last day. I hope that all has worked out for he and his family. He truly helped make our 2013 family re-union the joy that it turned-out to be.

Room Tip: #106 backed on to an alley shared by a family/conference room. One or two trash cans were stored in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marcia M, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We enjoyed you and your family every bit as much as you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the articulate and complimentary review and especially your best wishes for Ron. Ron is very special to us and will be recovering for some time from his stroke.
We look forward to your return.

Been to Vineyard Harbor Motel? Share your experiences!