“Vineyard Harbor Motel, Vineyard Haven, MA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vineyard Harbor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Harbor Motel
You added Vineyard Harbor Motel to your Saves list
60 Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Vineyard Harbor Motel, Vineyard Haven, MA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff was the most accomodating group of folks that I have ever met.The Motel is an older facility. It was clean, spacious and one of the best views on the Island. It was handy to everything. For an extended trip it had a fully furnished kitchenette and a small living room area. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it would have been fine for two people. A diamond in the rough. On a side note: these folks have been offering special deals to military families over the Veterans day holiday for a while. They are not just good business folks, but also they are good citizens, rising to the occasion for our veterans and active duty military.

Room Tip: The rooms right on the Harbor beach of course have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful time of year,beautiful location,in walking distance of most every thing,
Oak Bluff (great shopping and restaurants)a short scenic bus 13 ride away.

But,truly the best part of our stay was from the first phone call and Tanya answered the phone she Ron, Marcia and Tracy went above and beyond to accommodate our Family.

From the use of the grill on the beach & the recreation room,for our Family history night, Thank u for making our family feel welcome.

We hope Ron is having a speedy recovery!

Room Tip: All rooms were clean & comfortable. Each room is decorated differently, some rooms have no kitch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hillside, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location, location, location. Yes, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is located near the ferry terminal, the Black Dog Tavern, the Stop & Shop and the heart of downtown Vineyard Haven, but it's the hospitality and warmth of the staff that made our 2013 Family Re-Union a success.

I was trully happy with my accommodations. I had a clean unit with fresh linen and towels. In the morning, I could slide open my window to get a fresh ocean breeze. For a $1/town bus fare, I could ride the local bus over to Oak Bluffs for dinner or site seeing.

We picked October for our re-union, because B&B and house rental prices are lower than in the peak season. Nevertheless, it's still very busy. The Vineyard Harbor Motel was the only property that was able to accommodate our group and still give us easy access to the amenities of Vineyard Haven and Oak Bluffs.

Tiered in two-stories, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is configured in the shape of a horse shoe. The open end faces the motel's private beach and Vineyard Harbor.

Apparently, the Vineyard Harbor Motel is actually a condomium/co-op(?). Each unit is furnished and decorated by it's owner. Each unit has a living/sleeping area, kitchen and bathroom, but there is no standard room configuration. For example, in unit #106, I stepped through the entry door directly into the sleeping area. In the rear of the unit on the left is the kitchen and on the right is the bathroom.

Several members of our family had second floor units. We compared notes on which units were our favorites and why. One of them remarked that my unit (#106) was her favorite layout. She remarked that her unit's layout was a little unconventional. In her second floor unit, she had to walk through her kitchen to get to her bathroom :-).

Aesthetically, my sister's unit (#110) was very attractive. It had what might be considered a more conventional layout. And, it was furnished with wicker furniture and a wicker wardrobe that gave it an added touch of class. Conversely, my unit (#106) was very functional and a desgn throw-back to the sixties with dark wood paneling and furniture :-).

After the re-union ended, I had a free day to visited the Cottage Museum on Oak Bluff's / Marth's Vineyard Camp Meeting Association grounds. I came away with a new perspective of the
Ginger Bread cottages and Oak Bluff's historic preservation effort. The history of the evolution of the seasonal campground meeting tents into semi-permanent cottages with outdoor kitchens and out-houses put what I was seeing into a totally different perspective. I guess on Martha's Vineyard architectural form followed [temporary seasnal housing] function :-)?

I couldn't find any modern chain hotels, when I searched for a room on Martha's Vineyard :-). Eventually, I threw away my normal hotel check list. Hotels with fitness centers, in-door heated pools, business centers, free parking and free breakfast buffets are few and / or far between on Martha's Vineyard :-). If you're among the very fortunate, you can find a room.

When my car broke down in route, I spoke to Ron on the front desk. He helped me extend my stay, until my car was fixed.

My Best Wishes to Ron and his family. He was emergency airlifted off Martha's Vineyard, our last day. I hope that all has worked out for he and his family. He truly helped make our 2013 family re-union the joy that it turned-out to be.

Room Tip: #106 backed on to an alley shared by a family/conference room. One or two trash cans were stored in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marcia M, General Manager at Vineyard Harbor Motel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We enjoyed you and your family every bit as much as you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the articulate and complimentary review and especially your best wishes for Ron. Ron is very special to us and will be recovering for some time from his stroke.
We look forward to your return.
NORTH FORT MYERS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Yes these are older units, but they are clean, well equipped and in a great location. The private beach were you can watch the ferry and numerous other boats, the great location were you have restaurants and Main Street with in a few minutes walk made this an ideal location for our mini get away. There is even off street parking. The staff was very helpful. We are always on the go and spend little time in the rooms so for us it was a perfect fit. We are looking forward to spending more time there in the spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was nicer than I thought it would be. Loved sitting on the beach watching the boats come and go. Lots of chairs. Walking distance to the market and all the stores in vineyard haven. Yes bathroom is very dated as is the room. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. We picked this motel for the price and if we wanted more we would have paid a lot more! They even have free parking and let us pre check in early and leave our car in the parking lot so we could tour.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was very old and run down, didn't expect it. The hotel could use updating, bathroom was horrible, faucet broken, fixtures old and worn, conditioner broken awful furniture. It is on a nice little beach and the room was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
And we do offer more on Martha's Vineyard. We are very sorry for your displeasure. The next time you check in to a hotel/motel please go and voice your concerns to the management. If anything can be done it will, to assure you are satisfied with your accommodation. Many of our rooms have been re-faced and many more are slated for this year. Please feel free to call on us again, we would love the opportunity to show you where we are going while keeping in the Retro theme and being updated.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

had to get to vineyard for work , busy end of summer great weather ,they got us in: decent rate considering time of year 3 days before pres obama arrives; all ferries booked!! great quiet room awesomme shower; beautiful private beach.staff friendly and helpfull. would recommend to anyone ;didnt know restaurants closed at 8 pm all food pizza shops and rests great .!!!

Room Tip: all rooms great ,first floor easier and on grass to beach
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Vineyard Harbor Motel? Share your experiences!