We stayed here 17 years ago and it was the perfect b&b. Excellant hosts, and delicious hot breakfast, so we knew we would go back. We have been to the Vinyard on and off the past 17 years. Upon check things were completely different. They didnt take Discover even though the sign said they did and we had to wait for our room to be ready. The pool was green and closed due to Hurricane Irene..mind you it was August 28th 2011. The guy at check in said it would be open next week. He had been telling people that for a year. Looking back in the feedback the pool was the same before the hurricane in early August, so they never invested any money to clean it or repair it. Our sheets had not been changed from the previous guest as there was sand in the base of them, but since we got back to our room so late, we couldnt get help since no one was in the office. "Breakfast" was stale cold corn muffins. Upon returning on the 2nd day our room was NOT made up. We immediatley called and the attendant came to our room, saying they only clean up if you are here more than 2 days. WHAT??? He insisted it was on the website, which it wasnt. He said the owner was there but He NEVER came up to our room. The downstairs door has no glass in it so bugs, moths and mosquitos were everywhere!! They even got into our room, which was the Oak Bluff room. We spoke with 3 other couples who we did not know before, and they said the same thing, it was such a bad experience for all of us, one couple even left early. I found out this b&b has changed hands 3 times. Clearly the new owners just took it and did nothing with it!! It may be cheaper but you are better off staying in the Mv Hostel a few block over for $35.00 a night. The poorest customer service and the owners were no where around! Fireworks for the 4th in Edgartown were the best..so next time stay in Edgartown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The High Haven House B&B just went through some recent renovations while under new management. We are located 800 meters North East to downtown Vineyard haven in a quiet residential neighborhood. We have a variety of economic choices, as our family run business strives to provide a comfortable stay with a resonable price. Because we try to keep the prices down for guests, we offer a simple continental breakfast. At least two of our rooms have shared baths, so make sure you check the room details thoroughly when booking. During the warmer weather, enjoy our outdoor pool. For rainy days, all rooms now have flat screen LCD TVs and cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The High Haven House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The High Haven House Hotel Vineyard Haven
- The High Haven House Bed And Breakfast