“The MOST awful hotel on the east coast!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
Save Saved
You added Harbor Landing to your Saves list
Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Florence, South Carolina
“The MOST awful hotel on the east coast!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The hotel looked fine on the outside but once you get inside you are greeted by people who are less than friendly. Once I saw that there is no hospitality I walked into our room on the first floor. The mildew smell and the mold in the shower was almost disgraceful. I felt dirty and disgusted. We tried to stay positive; it's just a bed, its affordable but to be honest, I would rather sleep in a car. I could go on and on about the terrible decor and the uncomfortable king bed with few sheets but I wont because I don't want to be rude. If I were you, do not stay here! Park your car in the free parking lot and sleep in your car. It is miserable and you don't feel safe. The most disappointing thing was at the end of my 2 night stay, I asked for one hour later to checkout and the office manager told me, NO we have to clean the room, you have to leave at 11:00. She was the rudest person I have ever come in contact with. I told her that I was unsatisfied with the room and think she needs to be aware of the smell...she said, "I dont care, we are booked here every weekend!" then I said, "...we will never stay here again," and she said, "GOOD, we dont need your business!!" If you stay here, be ready to be disappointed! It really is the worse hotel I've ever stayed in and I travel professionally for work. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I agree with most of the other reviewers. This hotel is clean with a "retro" style to it. The staff is wonderful - friendly and helpful. We stayed at this hotel on a Friday and Saturday night in the off-season. It was just my daughter and I, and we stayed in their smallest room - two twin beds, a fridge and a bath - perfect for us. We had a minor problem with our first room, one that could have easily been fixed, but instead of inconveniencing us, they just moved us to another room. There is a HUGE community kitchen on the ground floor. If you are traveling to MV on a budget and want to cook some of your own meals, this is the place. Not every trip to the island has to cost you a fortune! Enjoy -

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Plymouth MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at the Harbor Landing this year as our normal hotel was booked for the particuolar weekend. The Harbor Landing is located downtown Vineyard Haven which is convenient for walking to downtown shops, ferry and local rest.'s and coffee shops. We had a small room but it had everything we needed for a weekend stay. Rooms were clean and the staff was nice and accommodated us with an early check in time and allowed us to leave our bags in a common area after we had checked out. We would def. stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed one night at this small hotel in Vineyard Haven. We took the ferry to Oak Bluffs and took the MTA to the Vineyard Haven stop a few blocks from the hotel for a whole $2. A perfect location in Vineyard Haven. Close to the ferry terminal, a grocery store, Black Dog Bakery, bike and other rentals, and a quick bike ride to the lighthouse. The cab fare to Oak Bluffs was $11 from the ferry terminal in Vineyard Haven.

The rooms are small, clean, and lack the extras of the big hotels. We didn't care because the staff felt like family and went out of their way to help us. There is a communal kitchen for all guests to use and a deck to sit in the sun. Free parking right in front (next to a fire station in case you have a heart attack from all the beauty of the island). Vineyard Haven is a dry town and night brings quiet in the hotel and all around the town. This hotel is far less expensive than the other hotels I checked out around the island.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Chestnut Hill, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is a time-share hotel/motel. It has a very good location for people taking the ferry into Vineyard Haven, as it is only a short walk from the Ferry Landing, and adjacent to "downtown".

The room we had was clean, but very small, with a feeling as though we had stepped into a 1960's era discount motel. We stayed two nights, and since we were very busy, we only slept in the room. If bad weather has forced us indoors, we could not have stayed here.

• Liked — Great location for those traveling to Marhta's Vineyard without a car
  • Disliked — Small room, old furnture
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Vineyard Haven hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2002

Harbor Landing is a great Place and staying is worth every penny. The staff is friendly, and willing to assist your every need. It has everything there is to offer and is conveniently located in the center of Vineyard Haven right by the ferry, and many shops to browse and visit. Stay there and have a great time and see what Martha's Vineyard is all about.

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!