“my trip to martha's vineyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
You added Harbor Landing to your Saves list
Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Naples, Florida
“my trip to martha's vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was my second time to stay at Harbor Landing. I love this place! It feels like home. Let me explain. Vickie McNamara, the general manager is so accommodating and efficient, friendly, and helpful. The location in the heart of Vineyard Haven is perfect. We did not have a car and could travel by bus all over the island so easily. The accomodations are great. The room was so clean as was the lobby and beautiful central kitchen and lounge. There was a lovely patio available where you can grill out or just enjoy a glass of wine as we did. I was there for 17 days so I feel I am a reliable critic of this quaint hotel. Vickie and her staff including maintenance and housekeeping went out of their way to make sure the visitors individual needs were met. I plan to go back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here because the price was right and I needed a room for myself and my two daughters. The room was small, the bathroom tiny. But it was clean. there's nothing in the bathroom but a couple of mini bars of soap. There was a small fridge in the room as well. The shared kitchen is large enough for everyone and the guests were friendly. I wasn't impressed but it wasn't bad either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Braintree, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed a few times at Harbor Landing and find it to be a wonderful, friendly, clean, and an affordable place to stay on the Island. I have recommended it to family members and friends and they have all thanked me for finding such an affordable place to stay on Martha's Vineyard. It is not the Marriott, there is not a lot of amenities, and it is small, but it is clean and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful stay on this storybook island. It is also centrally located. It is within walking distance of the ferry, supermarket, Main Sreet, beach, restaurants, etc. I cannot understand these negative reviews. It must be a disgruntled person. As far as the bulletproof glass is concerned, I have never seen bulletproof glass at Harbor Landing. Every small office/reception area I have seen anywhere has a sliding (regular) glass window for privacy. I highly recommend Harbor Landing as a wonderful, affordable place to stay on Martha's Vineyard, and suggest you try Harbor Landing for yourself to see that these negative reviews are unfounded .

Room Tip: It depends on what people prefer. Just tell the manager what your preferences are. She always goes...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here and felt the accommodations were terrible. It's my advice you look for another hotel in the area or simply pay a little more to stay somewhere else. The hotel is not clean, quiet, safe and the staff is less than accommodating. Let's put it this way, their office in the hobby area is behind bullet proof glass. The showers were very dirty and had no soap, shampoo and only one towel. The electrical cords were hanging from the ceiling.
I strongly recommend you read the reviews of other bad experiences and trust them. The positive reviews on here are hotel staff and friends trying to hold onto their reputation. Keep looking at other hotels in the area, don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Grafton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Yes, the hotel is not posh. Yes, the rooms are small compared to what you might expect if you are used to Marriott or other large chain establishments. BUT - and this is an important one for my family - it is affordable and in an excellent location. No matter where you stay on the Vineyard, we all use the same beaches, breath the same air, swim in the same water, and eat at the same restaurants. I would rather spend my money taking a sail on a Black Dog tall Ship, going to Mad Mott's for coffee every day, and getting a Jamacian Beef Patty at the truck in Vineyard Haven for lunch than spend it on a fancy hotel room where all I do is sleep, shower, and go to the bathroom anyway. And for those of you who didn't get a car on the ferry? You can walk to Harbor Landing in about 7 minutes. And there is a super market on the way, in case you want to buy stuff to make PB&J sandwiches to bring the beach.

So, if amenaties are your thing (robes, wet bar, and room service) then this is not the place for you. If you want an affordable, pleasant, and professional place to serve as your home base while you enjoy the island, than Harbor Landing fits the bill.

Room Tip: Make sure you let the staff know how many people are in your party so they can suggest the appropria...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BeverlyMass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

WE stayed here during the shoulder season using an interval trade. We had a great week on Martha's Vineyard, ant the Harbor landing was very convenient. We own four timeshare properties and this was certainly the lowest level property that we have ever stayed in. First, the positives. Convenient, clean rooms, quiet (except for one item which I will elaborate on later), and a good kitchen to make your own meals. We did not use the kitchen, but there were some who did. I'd have to assume that everyone who did has the same cleanliness that we do, but I doubt it. You clean your dishes and pans, etc. in a sink not a dishwasher. Is this even legal in a shared kitchen?? The room service was good and unobtrusive. They kept our room very clean. It would have been nice to have a hook in the TINY (room for one only) bathroom, but it was ripped off the wall and never replaced.

Upon arrival, we waited over 15 minutes to check in as the maintenance manager was upstairs painting some rooms. He gave us keys and warned us to always have them with you as they lock the doors after 8:00PM (although an emergency exit was open after ten Pm because someone could not close it properly).

The noise I mentioned happen to be a high level sprinkler from the neighboring park hitting our screen windows every time it went by the window from 11:45 to midnight. It sounded like someone trying to raise the screens until we investigated. Also, if you are not able to climb stairs or have difficulty, let them know. They have no elevators to the top two floors. Another guest we met had to beg for a ground level room because of bad knees. The corridors are small, dark and rounded. Yes, the sides of the corridors are easily 3 or 4 inches lower than
the middle due to settling. Glad I did nott come back tipsy after dark.

OK to say here, but due not pay much. We traded and spent $150 for the week. It was worth that, but choose a hotel if you want the real Martha's Vineyard experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This charming little hotel located in the mainstream of Vineyard Haven proved to be the perfect spot for our two week stay. Located a very short walk to beaches, bus service to all parts of the island, unique shopping and dining,and home of the Black Dog, there is absolutely no need to rent a car. The room was very clean and had a small fridge which proved to be very convenient to us. A central fully-equipped kitchen available to all guests as well as an outside grill makes you feel at home. The manager was so very efficient, kind, and accomodating. We hope we can return next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!