“Two Weeks Of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
You added Harbor Landing to your Saves list
Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Naples, Florida
“Two Weeks Of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This charming little hotel located in the mainstream of Vineyard Haven proved to be the perfect spot for our two week stay. Located a very short walk to beaches, bus service to all parts of the island, unique shopping and dining,and home of the Black Dog, there is absolutely no need to rent a car. The room was very clean and had a small fridge which proved to be very convenient to us. A central fully-equipped kitchen available to all guests as well as an outside grill makes you feel at home. The manager was so very efficient, kind, and accomodating. We hope we can return next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My experience was miserable. The sign out front looked classy but other than that my room there was less than pleasant. I was in town for a wedding and due to the busy weekend Harbor Landing was the only hotel available. I was upset with the smell of the room. It's AC window unit made me feel unsafe and was terrible loud at night. There was mold inn the shower and no shampoo or soap to use. They did have a refridge but it was loud like the AC and power code hanging out of the ceiling. I also felt uneasy about my stay due to the rude attitude of the management, housekeeping and night watch at the front desk who sits behind the glass. If I had to stay here again, I wouldn't because it is VERY overpricessed, dirty, unsafe and GM is heartless. I strongly urge no one to stay here, you too will be disappointed and feel dirty when you leave.

• Stayed March 2011
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. From the moment we waked into the room I had a really bad feeling about the motel. I mean for over $200 a night you would at least expect the room to be clean. It wasn't! I mean the mold smell in the room was almost unbearable, but after lighting a candle I thought I was maybe overreacting. However this was only the beginning. The beds were uncomfortable, the staff was unbelievable rude and the level of service we received was almost nonexistent. Do your self a favor and avoid this place at all costs. They should not be in business and are a disgrace to the travel industry.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Bot a timeshare here for early May sight unseen and know I made the right move. Vicky and staff was great and helpful. Place has good supermarket down the street and near the bus dispatch center. Thus no need to ship car over. Room was large enough facing the park with a good view. We both felt we made the right decision. Place looked good inside and out.
I do not understand the two negative reviews. We` saw a lot of the Island.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Gen mgr could care less about you. She just wants your money and will lie to you. We didnt get the room we were promised on the 2nd floor. Ended up in a room that smelled like mold and feet. She charged 25 dollars for a broken rollaway bed that collapsed when u sat on it and injured one of the guests. When we asked for a refund or another bed, we were denied both and told we woyld be charged anyway for an extra guest. Are phone rang fifteen min before check out time and who wqs it, but vicki the gen mgr, she demanded we leave then at that time or we had to pay for another room. And this was after giving them 4 nights of business. Upon checking out, after arguing with her about the terrible service, she called me an asswhole and told me to go about my business. If it wasnt for the rediculous mgr and discusting rooms, it wouldnt be such a bad place. Beware! Ive warned you!

• Stayed July 2011
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I have stayed at Harbor Landing several years during the high season and always have had a pleasant visit. The price is right, the staff is helpful and the location is superb. The standard unit with a king bed is more than adequate, clean and comfortable for sleeping. Free coffee in the morning is a plus. I spend a lot of time on the patio talking to guests who are also complimentary and often cook their own food on the outrdoor gas grills. The common kitchen is a great place to prepare your own lunch or dinner and the recreation room offers a high definition TV for watching sports or other programs. I enjoy my stays at Harbor Landing and all the island has to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The hotel looked fine on the outside but once you get inside you are greeted by people who are less than friendly. Once I saw that there is no hospitality I walked into our room on the first floor. The mildew smell and the mold in the shower was almost disgraceful. I felt dirty and disgusted. We tried to stay positive; it's just a bed, its affordable but to be honest, I would rather sleep in a car. I could go on and on about the terrible decor and the uncomfortable king bed with few sheets but I wont because I don't want to be rude. If I were you, do not stay here! Park your car in the free parking lot and sleep in your car. It is miserable and you don't feel safe. The most disappointing thing was at the end of my 2 night stay, I asked for one hour later to checkout and the office manager told me, NO we have to clean the room, you have to leave at 11:00. She was the rudest person I have ever come in contact with. I told her that I was unsatisfied with the room and think she needs to be aware of the smell...she said, "I dont care, we are booked here every weekend!" then I said, "...we will never stay here again," and she said, "GOOD, we dont need your business!!" If you stay here, be ready to be disappointed! It really is the worse hotel I've ever stayed in and I travel professionally for work. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!