“The Best in class & service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crocker House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Crocker House Inn
12 Crocker Avenue, Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Vineyard Haven B&B and Inns
Mississippi
“The Best in class & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a pilot & I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year. My wife & I also travel and stay in a lot of B&B's across the country and internationally. I have to rank this B&B top of my list for excellence. It is a rustic home with wood floors, fresh paint and its very clean & comfortable. Its one of those places where you can tell the owners have spaired no expense in fixing it up and keeping it up. From here you are a short walk (5 mins or less) to town with lots of shops, restaurants, & the harbor. This location is right near the water with a very nice view.
Jeff & Jynell are very accommodating and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Breakfast was made to order! You will not be disappointed with breakfast! He made some sort of egg wrap that was cooked along with fresh strawberries & cherries and several juices. He also offered to make us whatever we wanted, if we wanted something different.

My upstairs room is nice with a perfectly comfy king size bed with plush sheets and comforter. It was by far the cosiest and most comfortable night sleep I have had in awhile. The room is quiet, spacious with a small couch and sitting area with a gas fireplace. The bathroom is a bit small but very adequate and nicely tiled. There is plenty of natural light in the room from windows surrounding all sides. There are large blinds that you can close to keep light out or for privacy. Its summer now and the airconditioner did a great job keeping the room dry and cool. (I know moisture control is a challenge on the islands.) Some rooms are downstairs and several upstairs. The living area downstairs has a nice sitting area to relax and a large table where breakfast is served. There is also a small mini bar area where they have plenty to drink: soft drinks, beer, or liquor. That evening we came down, sat and had drinks and spent time talking with the owners. You can also sit out on the front porch area and enjoy your drink while looking out at the water. After dark we could see the lights from the boats in the harbor. There is adequate parking in the front and Jeff took us to and from the airport for a small fee.
You must remember you are staying at a Bed & Breakfast and not a hotel. This is more like being At Home atmosphere and not a hotel. If you are looking for a hotel then you should stay there. If you like a more personal touch then stay here. Every place has difficult days where things may not be perfect to suite you. If they burn your cookies or if your soda is flat, just tell them. I'm sure they will be glad to fix it! Personally I like it cause they are eager to please ME! I have yet to stay in a hotel that's eager to do that.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were three girlfriends on the Vineyard for a wedding up the road in West Chop. The location was perfect - close to VH for strolling, a block away from the wedding ceremony and a short ride to all the other activities in WC. The two rooms we had were beautifully and quietly decorated in a wonderful Cape Cod (but not cheesy) style. Soft colors, beautiful fabrics and just enough furniture. My room had a small balcony which was nice, but actually the communal porch was used more often. The owners were incredibly friendly and helpful. I was on UK time, so up very early and could enjoy the quiet morning on the porch eagerly awaiting breakfast. I was not disappointed. Among the fresh fruits, yoghurts and granola was superb homemade scones and each day had a different 'entree'. The first morning we had a panini-pressed wrap with scrambled eggs, spinach and cheese (heavenly) and the second morning was a toasted (gorgeous bread) similar type concoction. Talented chef! This place is HIGHLY recommended.

Room Tip: There are a couple rooms on the ground floor which would not be recommended for romantic couples (no...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and didn't want to leave. The room was so pretty and the location, a short walk to Main Street, was ideal. We could see the sea from our window, too. Jeff and Jynell, our hosts, were friendly and very helpful and the lounge/breakfast room was attractive. We met some lovely fellow guests and everyone chatted over the delicious and plentiful breakfast. Jynell made sure that my husband had a gluten-free breakfast, which he was delighted about. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We checked Tripadvisor while planning our trip to the Vineyard. The Crocker House Inn seemed ideal for a 2 night stay as it was in Vineyard Haven and close to the ferry landing. Reviews were very good and we were not disappointed at all! Our kind bed room was comfortable and my partner was a happy man with cable TV and Wifi at his disposal. We enjoyed conversation with Jeff and Jynell and others who gathered in the communal living room. Wonderful breakfast and coffee available anytime. We walked into town for dinner which was wonderfully convenient. Overall, it was a really relaxing weekend with just the right amount of conversation and privacy. We will return for another stay at the Crocker House and will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This bed and breakfast is really ideal. (Sorry it took me so long to write this post, though.) We stayed there the weekend of Oct. 1, and the place is lovely, very well-cared for, clean, hospitable, quiet. There was a place for our bikes, and we had everything we could possibly need. The breakfasts are not to be missed. Great value for a really wonderful place. Thanks again so much.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Jeff and Jynell are extremely friendly and great hosts! Wonderful location and Inn! They are within walking distance to restaurants and Main Street! Could not ask for a better stay! Breakfast for me was also very good and plentiful! Jeff and Jynell offered to custom make anything you would like. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Jeff & Jynelle are friendly. They upgraded us when we arrive since they were not oversold. Overall, I felt the rooms were overpriced. They wanted to originally charge us $285 per night during off-peak season when the rooms were dirty and the bathroom tiles were yellowish. I'm not sure why other reviewers say their breakfast was amazing. I felt like I was back at the Hampton Inn for $100 per night and having a free buffet style continental breakfast where I had to make my own toast and cereal. One morning, we even found a fly in the water jar. Their selection of coffee and tea were limited and they put out burnt chocolate chip cookies. We have been to a handful of B&B and this certainly was NOT one of our best experiences. We don't understand the other reviews. This place definitely did not blow our socks off and we definitely felt cheated given it ended being $225 per night plus tax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crocker House Inn? Share your experiences!