“Good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uxbridge
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I just spent the weekend here, and were pleasantly surprised considering the negative reviews we read before booking here (only motel in area). We stayed in building C, the room was very clean, beds wonderful, the A/C worked great which was wonderful because it was 90 outside. There were two disappointments, the pool was not ready and no Continental breakfast was available as stated on their website. Bringing this to their attention we were told previous management up and left within the last week and had not fulfilled their responsibilities. They did give us a discount and apologized for the inconvenience. To us having a clean, cool room was most important!! We would stay their again!

Room Tip: Stay in building C. Newer rooms, very clean and non-smoking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Let me start by saying that the Quaker Inn Conference Center is not a "large chain" it is a privately owned motel so it does not have that "corporate" feel. With that said, it does have a "home town" feeling which is great for both families and couples! The management was very friendly in fact, even after I went back three times to ask questions she still had a smile on her face. They were able to tell me where the best restaurants were and even were the cheapest gas stations were. The Quaker Inn Conference Center has three separate buildings, 1 smoking and 2 non-smoking. I really liked this because smokers and non-smokers are never side by side (we all know smoke travels). The room was very clean and although they are your "standard" hotel beds I spent three nights there and I didn't need a chiropractor afterwards! Either all the other visitors were as quiet as what I was or the rooms are well insulated because once I was in the room there were no "loud" noises like in the bigger hotel chains.There is a small refrigerator and a microwave that was great for late night snacking. I definitely will stay there again next time I am in town.

Room Tip: They have rooms with both single queen size beds and rooms with two queen size beds,let the manageme...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Charlestown, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

The sheets had fresh blood on them and stains. I didn't find it until the next morning. We went to speak to a manager and none was available. The woman at the front desk didn't believe that they weren't changed. Obviously we checked out of the motel and asked for the manager to return my call. Days and weeks went by and I called several times and never got to speak to a manager. Always out of the country. I finally called the health department and sent them my picures.
DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Uxbridge hotels

washington me
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

i had a great stay at the quaker inn. the staff was very helpful and friendly !!! the rooms were very clean!! i had a microwave and refridg. in our room that was very convienent!! the building [c] that i was in was very quiet! and i had wi fi !! that was great! i did my work right from my room !!! thank you for a great stay see you soon !!!!

Room Tip: i chose building c
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ojai, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I wrote a big long thoughtful review (basically positive) but your website wouldn't let me post. What's that???

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Worcester, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place was a disaster, dirty and dingy rooms. I was part of a larger group and everyone had a problem with their room. From leaking sinks, toilets and showers to no hot water (for everyone staying in 1 building). Holes in the walls, old food left in the fridge and microwave, stained towels, strange odors.

Also, the WiFi did not work, there was no breakfast, and the staff are non-responsive when these issues were brought to them.

Basically i would reccomend you stay away from this place, stay in any of the chain hotels or motels within driving distance they are the same price and you get what you expect....a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Bring your own linens, or just stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed in the "C" building - obviously new construction. The room was accessible from the inside only; it was perfectly clean, spacious, had a refrigerator and a quiet thermostat controlled window air conditioner/heater. The beds were hard! No frills, but if you are looking for a clean motel to spend the night - close to route 146 - you won't go wrong here. We did not partake in the free continental breakfast. Note: they charge 4 % extra for payments using credit cards.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quaker Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!