“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Milford, Massachusetts
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place has a strange menu. I didn't particularly care for how the food tasted. Just not my kind of food. Others might like it, but I'd rather eat elsewhere.

Visited August 2013

Massachusetts
“I wanted to like it but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Two days ago my wife and I went to Red Rock Grill for dinner. It is a casual family friendly restaurant with American cuisine. We were in a good mood for a time away form the kids and daily routine. When we walk in, the host wanted to sit us at a small table next to another table with a couple dining. I had to insist a couple of times that we were looking for a little more privacy. Reluctantly, the host accepted placing us on a different place. We were disappointed with the warm brie with chutney and warm french bread. The brie was OK, but the chutney was tasteless and the "warm french bread" was still frozen inside and pale white on the outside. The glass of wine I ordered came soon after we placed the order, but we had to ask for water three times. I ordered grill salmon on a crisp polenta and squash bed. The polenta and squash were very good. The salmon was overcooked and served over the polenta WITH the skin. This was a first. I have never seen salmon served with the skin before. The waitress was nice and apologizing at the end of the dinner.
All this did no ruined our conversation and time together, but a better service would have helped greatly. Will I return? not sure. I will not be my first choice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were told of this restaurant by a friend so we tried it and it was GREAT! The menu, food, drinks, ambiance and service are as good as it gets, and the friendly staff add to the wonderful experience. Sarah, makes the worlds best Martini and serves it with a pleasing, friendly attitude. We couldn't believe that we hadn't come here before, as it is close to our home, but now we'll come here often,as well as bringing friends and we'll tell folks about it. The meatloaf deserves a better name, as it's a classic meal in all respects. Expect a lot of kids in attendance on weekend nights, which can be a plus or a minus depending on the kids and the control their parents have over them.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really just average! Or less.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I eat out a lot and we were not impressed. Thought we would try this place based on the positive reviews. For us the service was just average. It bugs me when you thank a waitress for something and they respond "No problem". How about " My pleasure". Not a lot of class. The menu is weird too - not much on it really appealed to us. The food we ordered was just average and wasn't hot . The place was well attended which must indicate that folks like it but for my money Highfield's in Grafton is much better. Ambience was good but noisy.

Boston, Massachusetts
“We enjoy coming here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We really enjoying coming to Red Rock - the staff is extremely nice and it is our reason for coming. Between everyone in our family we probably have tried everything on the menu and are never disappointed. The dining room can get a bit loud when it is full so we prefer to sit at the bar when there is an available seat. The outdoor seating is nice and I can't wait til they open it up again. Also on the right side of the building is Good 2 Go, a part of the restaurant that serves salads, wraps, ice cream, homemade brownies and cupcakes. The person who waited on us there was great, her name was Chelsea.

We will be back this week!

• Visited April 2014