Just recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Stonehedge Inn. Thankfully, my wife got a groupon, if I paid full price I would be more disappointed.
At check in, it could have been a sign of things to come when another guest was at the front desk to advise he asked for ice 3 hours ago and still has not gotten it.... but we went on with hope..
-They are known for their wine, and the list was pretty impressive I will admit, we chose wines by the glass which were reasonable priced. Plan on spending $ 200.00 - $400 for most bottles of the red wines.
The first night at the end of the evening I opted to try a Martini which was a failure. (Note to owners, you are in Tyngsboro MA not Boston MA.) I dont mind paying your ridiculous price of
$ 14.50 for a Martini if you have an actual professional bartender who knows how to make a Martini. Seriously, please if you are an owner have a bartender make you a Martini then go have one made by a professional bartender, not even close, it is sad,. wtf ?? It appears depending on what day you go the bartender could also be the same guy as the waiter and the front desk clerk ??
- At the end of the 2nd evening we stopped in the bar for a beer, ( Went to Surfs for dinner in Nashau NH which was great, you must go there!!) the place again empty for the most part, no social interaction from the staff. The bartender put the bill in front of me as I still had 3/4 of a beer I was in no hurry and trying to relax, she then tells me the finance department needs to close out the account ? What ?? it is 10:00 pm, No I was not drunk, just trying to relax with my wife since this is why we came here. I have never heard that one before. If you are trying to close early cause no one is there just say that. As you can imagine I am starting to lose my patience, this is when I asked to speak with a manager, well I got the head waiter ?? Of course he sat there and listened to me, but I realized I could be talking to a tree, they just don't really care. So i decided to save my breath for the most part.
- And to complete the show, the credit card was charged incorrectly on the way out, thankfully my wife caught this and they adjusted it with out an issue.
Decor is 1980's
Shower and bed were great
Regen 05 got turndown service ?? I did not even get that ....
We did get massages which were ok - Not sure if they normally have a receptionist for this
(Again I do not mind paying but for these prices you need to be more professional) the day I was there they did not, the massage therapist are the same ones that checked us in and out, which they seems confused at. Again, seems like a lot of people multi tasking instead of having professionals. When my massage was compete I normally am offered a cup of water and someone shows me the door. This time I came out to an empty room, helped myself to water. My massage therapist then arrived at the same time as one of her co-workers, they talked to each other like I was not in the room ? it was wierd. My therapist was told I was all set as my wife paid for my massage, the therapist then waived her co-worker out of the room and I was left alone to let myself out okaayyy ? After changing I went to the desk and again was told that I am all set as my wife paid for the massage but not the gratuity which is fine. Obviously I plannned to address this... then my therapist arrived again for the tip, It appears the big conversation was the tip ? People please act professional. Think about it your rates are not cheap, you do not have
riff-raff coming to your place you have educated people with class for the most part please treat us this way.
I have tried to think of every possible reason this was a fiasco, maybe cause it was school vacation week a lot of the staff was out ?? Not sure, regardless, I wont be back, there are plenty of places to get treated better by actual professionals for the same $ Dont do it !! Spend your $ elsewhere
Again you are in Tyngsboro MA if you are going to charge the prices of Boston, you need to try much harder !!
- Also Known As:
- Stonehedge Hotel
- Stonehedge Hotel Tyngsboro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This distinctive New England inn that feels like an English country estate. Award winning dining, full service spa featuring vinotherapy treatments, retail wine center and New England's largest wine cellar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Stonehedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.