“Older hotel, great location, but experience marred by odors in room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover

You added TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 International Place, @ North St, Tewksbury, MA 01876   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Vail, AZ
“Older hotel, great location, but experience marred by odors in room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This place was very close to where I needed to be for meetings. I was able to walk and avoid getting a rental car. Staff was friendly. Room was outdated but did come with a kitchen area, and everything was serviceable. The building had apparently had a recent problem with smoke or a fire and although equipment was brought in to address it, the room still had an odd smell, and when I laid down to go to bed, it smelled as though the linens had come from a smoking room (which I was assured did not exist at this property). Housekeeping missed some things or was casual in their approach. If this were not so convenient for me I would have considered switching properties. There are other nearby alternatives I would consider, although perhaps the issues I encountered were temporary and will be resolved shortly.

Room Tip: I had issues with the room across the parking lot from the lobby. I'd try to get a room in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Victoria A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Hello Bradley,
Thank you for choosing TwonPlace Suites Tewksbury, we appreciate your comments and have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff. We will be renovating in the the spring and hoe you choose us again if your travels bring you back to Tewksbury.

Victoria Ashworth.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jamesville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here recently while in the area for a softball tournament and it wasn't a bad hotel, but it also wasn't one of my favorites. The staff was very nice and they had a sign acknowledging our team at the front desk which was nice, but overall some things seemed to be lacking. Since this is a Residence Inn, the rooms are designed more for longer stays, but they are nice because they have a full sized refrigerator, a microwave, stove/oven unit all within a "kitchen" area. The cupboards were stocked with plates and bowls but only 1 coffee cup and 1 glass. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me that they would have house keeping bring in more, but that never happened. It was also unusual that there was a table, but only 1 chair. We had a party of three stayng in the room, but it appeared that it was set to be only for one person. There was a pool area that looked nice and a small grill that people could use, but there was only one table near the grill so we nixed our plans of cooking hotdogs for a "team" dinner one night. The room was clean, but seemed a little worn. They have a breakfast which concisted of granola bars, cereal, oatmeal, bagged patries and fruit. The breakfast area was very clean and new. The nice thing was that this hotel was situated relatively close to wre the tournament was being held and they gave us a decent team price for the rooms. If we come back to the area I would probably look at staying at one of the other hotels right along the same road before trying this one again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Milford Square
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This had to be one of the poorest stays at a major hotel chain I have ever had. And being a Marriot Silver Elite member, only made it worse; considering I support them on my business trips now, having switched from another major chain. I arrived on July 16th, and felt that someone had been smoking in the room recently. My suspicions were true, after finding cigarette burn marks on the bathroom tub and sink (4 to be exact)., and just for the record, this is a no smoking hotel. Climbing into the shower the next morning, I found a small bit of mold on the inside shower curtain. Because this was a business trip, I had booked 5 nights at the hotel. On the 3rd evening after after returning from a long day, I discovered that room service or a facsimile had entered the room, despite the fact that I had a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, made the bed, removed my bath towels, bathmat, bath soap, and paper towels from the kitchen unit. Calling the front desk for towels, and after a short wait, my wife went to fetch some towels, but the front desk could not ascertain whether the towels she was giving my wife, had indeed been washed. I found this odd, that they could not determine if they were clean or not. In the morning, I went out and purchased towels for my room. The following morning, I was awakened by a dog barking in the hallway outside my door. This is the LAST TIME I stay at a hotel that admits pets. The refrigerator was also a nuisance. Every now and then it would make a whole lot of noise and then make a crash sound. The first night, I discovered this bit of sound effects, is when it woke me up at 3am, after a 7 hour drive. Before I left, the kitchen light burned out. I tried to see if I could move to another Marriot close to where I was, but they were all sold out. Will I ever stay at this hotel again, only if hell freezes over. And just for the record, I was in room 124.

Most likely, a Marriot regional manager of sorts will reply to this email, expressing shock and disappointment that I had a mediocre stay, and that Marriot as a whole, does it's best job to make everyone happy. Quite frankly, this is just lip service, because what they should do, is march over to that hotel, and bring them up to the Marriot standard, and comp me 5 nights for one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. I like Marriot, and feel they do their best overall, but this hotel needs a reset.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Victoria A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Good Afternoon,
I am the new General Manager at the TownePlace suites in Tewksbury and this hotel is under new ownership at this time. It seems your suite was not up to your expectations of a Marriott hotel. We do have a renovation planned for spring 2015 and hope you choos to stay with us again if your travels bring you back next summer. Please feel free to contact me directly if you hvae any further comments 978-863-9800.

Victoria Ashworth
Branchburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Pros: breakfast were really good, surprising amount of variety & quality of the usual such level hotel's breakfast goods which are often very standard and lackluster with too much sugar, low quality starch often but here it was ok with the Quaker Oats instant oatmeal & nuts & raisins & high quality milk bottles; the exercise room is very nice; staff are spectacular, everyone is so so nice & helpful & willing to please; WiFi is super-fast (rare for most hotels)

Cons: maintenance is alright, housekeeping is really good but the outdated & very very tired physical room furniture & kitchen elements are in need of refreshing, 3 pans missing from 1 kitchen compared with another's, some dishes had crusty food left; wood ledge seems really dirty; tv software is really slow & non-HD; nothing nearby, anything requires driving (minus 1 Cracker Barrel & gas station 5mins walk away) so can find places closer to Boston

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Illinois City, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

While this hotel bears the "Marriott" name, the property/service was disappointing. Shortly after we checked in our toilet "broke" (flush mechanism). When I called the desk, I was told to use another bathroom- not offered another room. There are no set pool hours-- I guess it was by invitation only. There is an odor in the rooms as well. A guest must work around the staff schedule -- to get any cleaning of the room. In many different instances during our two week stay, it was clear that management had no "Plan B." Maintenance man called off sick; no one available to help; lifeguard didn't pass drug test, so pool was closed- one day at 4:00pm when it was 90 degrees. There are better options available in the area. This hotel needs a complete makeover!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were in the area for a track meet at Fitchburg State University, which is about 40 minutes away. It was perfect to have a room with a full size fridge so we could empty our cooler and refreeze our ice for the next day. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient upon check-in. The room was very clean and there was plenty of bedding in the closet for the sofabed. The queen bed was comfortable with ample, fluffy pillows. Even though the room was right next to the elevator, we didn't hear it and the room was quiet. We, didn't use the pool but it looked clean and inviting. Breakfast was, as advertised, continental. There was a decent selection of cold cereal, fruit, muffins, yogurt, granola bars, juice, coffee and tea. Nothing fancy but enough. They had a new breakfast room almost ready to open so the breakfast selection may expand once that is up and running. Overall, a fine, clean, safe place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bangor ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at this Towne Place Suites twice in recent weeks, and each visit was quite satisfactory. There have been some recent renovations (the new breakfast room wasn't quite finished), and the result is a pleasant, standard Towne Place Suite. Our room was clean and quiet on each visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover? Share your experiences!