“It's What You Would Expect” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Washington DC
“It's What You Would Expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

from a Marriott extended stay property. We had a pleasant suite - separate bedroom and sitting area and unlike some "free breakfasts" Marriott properties still deliver a well rounded tasty one. It's not home cooked but it's not frankenfood either. Location is great and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Best not to be around the pool/courtyard area in the summer time. it can get loud but that is true...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor FormerChicagoGal,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience here. We appreciate your kind words and our staff happy when we read your review with them. I look forward to your next visit.

Luziane Cavalcanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was very skeptical as I stay at many Marriott properties because of reviews by some.
I found the room, clean, very good use of a decent size area/room.
They have a lifeguard, how cool and she was also very pleasant.
I hope Luzianne, GM, shows this go her staff. Brianna should be AGM if this property wants a leader and she spent so much trying to help me, she realizes that going above and beyond keeps people coming back.
I will be back and keep noticing that the employees make the hotel not a fancy tv or big room.
;). Roger Jr.
I would welcome any of the staff to email me anytime.
Rogerjr@delraydirectmedia.com
Thanks again, Ladies!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear DelrayDirectmed... D,
Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. You are absolutely correct! People makes our guests experience memorable. It is Marriott's way of doing business and our team is 100% on board with it. Brianna, Rose and Diane were very happy to read your review when we shared it during our daily meeting. We look forward to have you visit us again. Sincerely,

Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I called in advance and asked for a top floor room on the quiet side. They honored that to the T. We were on the third floor and away from the highway.

The room provided everything we could ask for. The living room and separate sleeping area were very well sized. It was absolutely quiet for us.

We stayed on a weeknight and were able to attending their evening food offering as well as breakfast. Both were adequate.

Overall, I very much like this property. I will stay here again. It is an ideal locations and set up for staying with children.

Room Tip: Quiet side - away from highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Preston1884,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with us. Our staff works hard so our guests can enjoy their stay to the fullest. Please let us know whenever you are in the area. Sincerely,

Williamstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was in the area for a short (3-day) business trip and stayed at this Residence Inn in Tewksbury since there were no hotels in the neighboring town where my company's office was located. Anyway, I thought this hotel was simply OK. It's not the best I've ever stayed in, but it's hardly the worst. The hotel is clean, and I thought housekeeping did a good job of keeping my room tidy. I'm a light sleeper, and I had no problems sleeping though I did wear earplugs like I always do. The front desk staff was accommodating and made sure I got a room on the third floor like I wanted. Housekeeping and the breakfast buffet staff were also friendly.

Another nice thing about this hotel is that it's right next door to a gas station with a convenience store and a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I had dinner at the Cracker Barrel for two of the three nights I was here; it was great because I didn't have to drive anywhere. The convenience store came in handy when I ran out of toothpaste.

However, as I said in the title, the hotel looks a bit worn. It could use some sprucing up on the outside to make it look neater. As in touching up the paint, repairing trim, etc. On the inside, I was initially given a room in building 4. Good thing I decided to try the deadbolt before I unpacked because the deadbolt wouldn't engage. Maintenance came up and decided they couldn't fix it quickly enough, so I had to move to another room. Just as well, the room in building 4 had a weird smell in it that I couldn't quite identify. To the front desk's credit, they were apologetic and let me have a bottled water & snack from "The Market" (a little convenience store of sorts that all Residence Inns have) for free.

So now I move into a room on the third floor of building 1 where the deadbolt is working fine and this is where I stayed for the duration of the trip. I happened to notice on the ceiling there were signs of a leak that had been patched up at some point. During my last evening at the hotel, we had a driving rainstorm and ended up with some water dripping in through the living area's window! I reported this to the front desk at check-out, but it does kind of bother you when you feel like you're staying in a property that is worn and leaky! Perhaps it's time for them to replace the roof and windows - I know from experience they're not cheap, but they certainly don't last forever, either.

I probably won't stay again if I need to come up to this area again in the future, but I'm willing to give it another try if the hotel's management spruces up the property a bit.

Room Tip: If you need/want an elevator, only building 1 has one. Some of the buildings aren't physically c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear cmb64,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I know our staff will love to hear your words of acknowledgement of their hard work. We are proud to keep our hotel clean and at it's best to welcome our guests. I did note the comments on the condition of hotel and I am happy to say that a renovation is in the works for late next year. the exact date has not been established yet. Thank you again for your words of appreciation of our staff!

Denver, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We like Residence Inns a lot. BUT this location was the worst. This 2 bedroom suite was VERY noisy; and the main bedroom has glass doors to the living area so there is no privacy and lets in too much light at night. Many other problems too. We won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for new section - When we complained we were told we were in the old section
Green Features: Good enough... there is no towel rack to hang up wet towels to dry after use. They use little cubbies to store towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Pat P,

I apologize we fell short of your expectations, your feedback is important to us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I would like to know of any other issues you may have experienced but not specified please don't hesitate in contacting me directly. I would love to hear from you so we can hopefully make your experience in the future a much better one. Sincerely,

Florence, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We booked this hotel for our ASA Girls' Softball team for a nearby tournament. I was very pleasantly surprised. We'd never stayed at a Residence Inn before. It was modern, clean, and had more than everything we needed. There was a lovely full kitchen and appliances (granite countertops, full fridge with freezer, coffee maker, etc.). The living room had a couch that opened into full bed, with a TV and nice furniture. This was separated from the bedroom by French doors. The bedroom had a king bed with TV. There was a nicely sized full bath that was accessed from either the bedroom or the kitchen. We only paid $119/night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Hamphoops12,

Thank you for choosing our Residence Inn By Marriott. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay and appreciate your kind words. We do get lots of great feedback on our suites because they are bigger than average. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely,

Nicholasville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

When planning a trip to Boston last year, the hardest part was finding an decent yet inexpensive place to stay. Staying in the northeast is expensive when compared to Pigeon Forge or Orlando. Even more difficult with a family of five. I was apprehensive considering that Residence Inn is many times a long term solution for travelers.

Check in was simple and the room while tight, was nice and clean. Pull out sofa and large king bed. The arrangement was adequate. Good sleeping and experience. The breakfast was top notch. A wide spread that even the most picky eater could find something to their satisfaction. One of the most impressive breakfast spreads that is included with the price.

The only real aggravating thing was the pool and it's availability. Though in part this is likely to strict rules from the state itself as we encountered. First sign a cloud in the sky, and the lifeguard was sent home for the day. Pool closed relatively early as well, which was disappointing after sightseeing. Most hotels in other states simply cover themselves with "No lifeguard on duty...swim at your own risk." Not so in Massachusetts.

The location was better than I anticipated. Close to the interstate. We were able to stay safe outside of Boston, while getting to downtown within twenty minutes. A good lauch location for Salem, Lexington, Concord and New Hampshire/Maine as well. A train station is located close by in Lowell as well if that is your desired mode of transportaion.

I would highly recommend staying here if visiting multiple in the places in the region over an extended number of days. Don't expect to have much pool usage, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear KentuckyB,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you kind words and we are glad you appreciated our hard work as well. We apologize for the pool hours. You are correct, we do have some strict regulations when it comes to pool operations. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area. Again thank you for staying with us.

Luziane Cavalcanti

Been to Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!