“Very good and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Very good and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

When planning a trip to Boston last year, the hardest part was finding an decent yet inexpensive place to stay. Staying in the northeast is expensive when compared to Pigeon Forge or Orlando. Even more difficult with a family of five. I was apprehensive considering that Residence Inn is many times a long term solution for travelers.

Check in was simple and the room while tight, was nice and clean. Pull out sofa and large king bed. The arrangement was adequate. Good sleeping and experience. The breakfast was top notch. A wide spread that even the most picky eater could find something to their satisfaction. One of the most impressive breakfast spreads that is included with the price.

The only real aggravating thing was the pool and it's availability. Though in part this is likely to strict rules from the state itself as we encountered. First sign a cloud in the sky, and the lifeguard was sent home for the day. Pool closed relatively early as well, which was disappointing after sightseeing. Most hotels in other states simply cover themselves with "No lifeguard on duty...swim at your own risk." Not so in Massachusetts.

The location was better than I anticipated. Close to the interstate. We were able to stay safe outside of Boston, while getting to downtown within twenty minutes. A good lauch location for Salem, Lexington, Concord and New Hampshire/Maine as well. A train station is located close by in Lowell as well if that is your desired mode of transportaion.

I would highly recommend staying here if visiting multiple in the places in the region over an extended number of days. Don't expect to have much pool usage, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear KentuckyB,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you kind words and we are glad you appreciated our hard work as well. We apologize for the pool hours. You are correct, we do have some strict regulations when it comes to pool operations. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area. Again thank you for staying with us.

Luziane Cavalcanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place is an OK place to stay. I got in about 1130 pm, had all my bags with me when I went to check in, like I usually do, & she directed me to return to my car & to drive around to a completely different building furthest away from the front desk. I had to ask about an elevator- & glad I did because it wasn't easy to find as things were not well lit. The elevator was inside a small room which had the light on, however, when I arrived to the top floor, around 1150pm, the elevator door opened & I was in the dark. The light switch was in the far corner- not by the elevator or even the door. So it's late, I'm tired, have my hands full, in a strange place, & in the dark to boot. The room was ok, but overall it just wasn't very welcoming. I also had requested NO service by placing the magnet on the outside of the door. When I returned later that day my room had been cleaned & the NO service magnet put back on the inside of my door. I calded the front desk about this, said she's sorry & will look into it. When checking out I also mentioned this & she said she was sorry & will check into it. I request NO service to keep people out of my room- usually because I will leave things in the room (computer, tablets, jewelry). I would think housekeeping would be glad to have NO service requested. I received no follow-up from either of the staff who were "going to look into it". Also, this is the second RI I have stayed at in New England in a 2-3 week time frame, with which I noticed the Marriott employees are parking close to the door. Shouldn't closer parking be reserved for customers?

Room Tip: Ask where the elevator is. Asking for privacy by putting the NO service on the outside of the door...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Heidi99_11,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with feedback. I have reviewed your comments and addressed some of it already and the others will be adressed shortly. I apologize for us falling short on following up with you. Please contact me directly should you haveany additional questions or concerns. Sincerely,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our daughter was recently married at the Andover Country Club, and we were looking for a local hotel that could accomodate our guests. I went to several of the local hotels, yet the experience we had at this hotel in the selection process really set it apart. Nancy Deninno, the Front Desk Supervisor was so welcoming and went out of her way to show us around and provide us with confidence that they would do a great job with our guests. Nancy had a lot to do with our selecting this hotel and Victoria, the Director of Sales was great to work with as well. As for the stay, it was great. The rooms were spacious and clean and all the employees went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The shuttle driver was great in getting guests back and forth from the reception, Diane at the front desk was very helpful with the check in process and the morning breakfast team did a great job- highly recommend this hotel!

Dear anonymous316,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to house your out of town guests. We appreciate the wonderful review you have given us here. Our staff enjoys welcoming everyone and helping our guests to have a great experience during their stay. We look forward to having you vist again whenever you are in this area. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family of two adults, three kids and a dog had to find temporary residence for four days while our hardwood floors were being installed at our house. Having three kids and a dog made it a little challenging to find a place that would be close to kids' schools and activities and would welcome a pet. Residence Inn was perfect! The two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and living room was spacious enough for all of us. I was amazed at the cleanliness of our room. Not a single stray hair, dust or dirt could be found anywhere and let me tell you I looked as I am extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness of hotels. I was even impressed with Manager who allowed us to check out a room prior to booking our stay.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk far to breakfast, dinner or front desk, be sure to ask to stay in buildin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Joy B,

Thank you for choosing us as your temporary residence. I was our honor to have you. Our team is very thankful that you acknowledged their efforts on keeping our hotel spotless! We are proud to show our hotel to any guest that wants to see it, that is why you were able to check us out before checking in. Please let us know should you ever need housing again or have family visiting.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed one night in order to be close to Canobie Lake Park with our kids and inlaws. In total we had 2 rooms, 4 kids/4 adults. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, on par with any other Residence Inn we have stayed at. The outdoor pool is not heated, so very cold in mid June. Kids don't mind cold though. Overall it was ok, we did have one issue with another guest above playing extremely loud foreign techno at 2am, we called front desk who ended up calling police to deal with them. This is not the fault of the property of course and they offered to give us extra reward points for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: We had booked a 2 bedroom, but they asked to give us 1 bedroom suites instead, this was ok with us...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rebecca E,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing about your stay. We are happy that you have found our rooms clean and comfortable. Our team work hard to give guests such as yourself, a great experience. We look forward to having you and your family again anytime you are coming to this area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We drove from Toronto and stayed here as home base while we visited family. We could have stayed with family but we didn't want to impose, and we wanted to sleep and wake up on our schedule, and basically not be on our best behaviour at all times. The room was great, it's clean, the bed is very comfortable, the kitchenette is very handy. The hotel offers a great breakfast, the wireless connection was good, and the fitness centre had the cardio machine I was used to. I did use the hotel computer and printer to get some google maps so we could go to the ocean (40 min), the outlet malls in NH (40 min-no sales tax), and some other malls around Burlington. You can get gas next door, and even walk to Cracker Barrel for some country cooking. Situated on the highway that connects to a few other highways that basically can take you anywhere quickly in any direction NW, NE, SW, or SE.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luziane C, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Su66y,

Thank you for staying with us and for submitting this great review about our property and our wonderful services. It sure made our day a little brighter on this rainy morning... We appreciate your kind words and look forward to servicing you whenever you are in the area.

Bath, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I can not complain about anything my stay was awesome and I loved the location. there is one thing that is less than perfect and that is requiring a minimium review with word count of 200. I usually will not do surveys for this purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear cynthia M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us such great review. I look forward to your next stay with us. Let me know whenever you come back to this area.

Luziane Cavalcanti

Been to Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!