“nice suite hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Eddington, Maine
“nice suite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was a little worried about the locations so close to the highway, but very quiet, nice room (even right over the front entrance, still quiet) large suite room clean and comfortable. would definately consider this property again when traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Andover, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I relocated to the Andover area in April. Due to the extremely brutal rental market in the area, I had to stay in hotels until I could find a house. I spent my first month at the Residence Inn Andover, which was great with excellent guest services and very friendly management.
In june I moved to the Residence Inn Tewksbury, and that was a huge mistake. Some of the front desk people are nice and try to help you, but the rest and specially the management are terrible. I had some issues trying to accomodate the dates when I finally found a house in the area, and had to extend my stay several times. The last time I had to extend my stay my room was already booked, but instead of giving me other choices (like moving to a smaller room/finding a room in the nearby Residence Inn Andover or even the Fairfield Inn) the manager looked at me and said "there is nothing I can do"... Awesome, you have a customer staying 3 months at your hotel and when he tries to extend his stay for an extra 2 days you say "there is nothing I can do"... Great customer service.
The worst came actually after we checked out. We had to spend several months at the hotel so we used the hotel address for some of the paperwork (visa, etc). The day we moved out I went to the reception and asked whether they could hold my mail for a couple of weeks, since there were some address changes that could not be completed in time. The folks at the Residence Inn Andover did this for me for more than 2 months, so I guessed there were no issues with this. The front desk lady told me that it was OK, so I let but kept coming back every two days to pick up my mail.
A few days later we discovered by accident that the hotel was refusing my mail, so I drove back to the hotel and explained them again that I had changed my address but there were some important letters already on their way and could not change the address. For the second time they told me they were going to hold the mail for me, but again a few days later we found out they refused to receive my wife's work permit we were waiting for months.
Terrible customer experience, we are still trying to track down my wife's work permit so we don't have to spend months again dealing with the USCIS. My wife and daughter are in Brazil waiting for this work permit so they can re enter the US again but thanks to the people at the Residence Inn Tewksbury I will have to wait another month to see my wife and daughter again. Way to go Residence Inn Tewksbury.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Lowell is an interesting urban area to visit. It has many festivals throughout the year but also has a great historic park and other museums (trolley and textile museums). It is also close to some amusement parks in NH. Anyway we visited the hotel and stayed in the handicapped unit. It was 2 bedroom, 2 bath with sleeping couch for additional people, full kitchen. Plenty of space. We were right next to lobby and pool which was good. There were 3 flat screen TV sets in the unit. The handicapped bathroom was huge and had a walk in shower. Great for someone in a wheelchair. My husband had more room than in our own residence. The front desk was very helpful in directing us to activities in Lowell and restaurants. The place is located right next to a gas station/minimart which had everything you will need in your visit. It is next to a restaurant which has a wonderful gift shop but food wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are plenty of other restaurants along Andover Street.

My favorite part of the hotel was the wireless internet and also the breakfast. It had everything you could ask for and plenty of it. (scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles (you make yourself) french toast, several muffins, bread, bagels, oatmeal with nuts, rasins you can add, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), juice (apple and OJ), coffee, yogurt (greek and low fat). The staff was great and gave me takeout box. You will not go away hungary. They have evening eats but that is during week and we were only there 2 days. I have stayed at residence inns before and it gives you lots of room for an adult family.

Room Tip: If somone in your party needs a handicapped bathroom request Room 211. It is right next to lobby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
North Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked on Priceline and of course weren't sure what we were getting. At check-in I asked about getting a non-smoking room on the ground floor. The pleasant and efficient clerk was concerned that we would be ok with a handicapped room and I assured her that would be fine. We were so pleased to see the suite we were assigned in building 8. It had a full kitchen with supplies and even popcorn to pop. The living area had a flat-screen tv with another in the separate bedroom. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The best surprise was the breakfast the next morning. It was the best we have ever had at a hotel that did not have a full breakfast buffet. There were eggs and sausage patties and wonderful potatoes with peppers and onions. The make it yourself waffles had chocolate bits, almonds, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream toppings, as well as syrup. There were the usual cereals, breads, juices, fruits, etc. as well. What was nice was that even when breakfast was supposed to be over, the staff made sure that things were still available and even had to-go boxes if requested. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed (mother&father and son) 11 nights in a 2 bedroom suite that includes 2 bathrooms and a living room and a small kitchen. It was clean and the staff always nice and helpful. We stayed in the farthest building from the office and was a little worried about the traffic on I-495, but we slept through that without any problem. Housekeeping forgot to backfill toiletpaper and shampoo, but we got plenty when we asked for more.

Room Tip: Buliding 10 is close to I-495 and not a place to stay if you want to sit on your balcony or have pro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lynn Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was the dirtiest Marriott I have ever been in. My wife and I planned a month vacation in the Boston area for a wedding and time with our family . When we checked in they put us in the farthest building from the office. I asked then if the had something closer as my wife has MS and has trouble walking they moved us to the building close to the office and the pool. That is when the problems started over the July 4th week end a local ( someone from town) rented the room next to us they then had over fifty people in the room and the pool are grilling crock pots . There was no place for hotel guest to go. There were babies in diapers in the pool there was a play pen put in the pool children were left unsupervised. These unregister guests were foul mouthed often abusing the young female life guard. The water quality was never tested . I called the city board of health to inspect the pool and they found numerous problems. Our room was equipped with a dishwasher and after a take out lunch we tried to run the dishwasher. It didn't work . I went to the front desk and the said the knew it was broken for two weeks and they hadn't fixed it because they were using the room were in for overnight stays and the did not use the dishwasher. I asked if some could check it out because we would be there a month. When we came home from shopping the dishwasher was sitting in the middle of the kitchen . My wife had to lay down so I napped on the couch . About an hour later I could smell wires burning and saw steam from the dishwasher . I had maintenance come right over because I thought there might be a fire. The maintenance man said oh I forgot to disconnect it. We told the Hotel we wanted to leave as we felt unsafe. The staff was disrespectful . We called Marriott with no help , We went all the way to JW Marriott's office and it took over a week to have the manager call us. I have lost respect for both Marriott customer service and control of the brand by letting this run down hotel have its name on the door. Stay away at all costs!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stay at Residence Inn's frequently, but this was one of my favorites. Maybe because of the beautiful location or maybe just because of the staff. I was here for business and was supposed to stay for 3 weeks, but unfortunately, had to leave after 1 week. I squeezed a few more days out of my trip to see the sights! I will definitely stay at this RI when I return to Mass (hopefully soon). The location was convenient and accessible to many parts of Mass and close enough to Boston. My room was great (as always) and I had adequate room to use the computer, relax, and sleep without being in the same space. It really felt like home! The staff, as previously mentioned, were all very sweet and accommodating. The breakfast and evening social were awesome, serving a great variety of food and saving me $. I still think it's amazing that they do that there. Even the workout room was decent, as I actually did use it twice. Oh...almost forgot. They have two hammocks nestled in the trees near the pool area- soooo relaxing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ShawnRIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our property. Here at the Residence Inn Tewksbury we pride ourselves on our commitment to service and creating a "like home" atmosphere for all to enjoy. I am glad that you did just that and hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again.

Been to Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!