“All the amenities for a perfect stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Tewksbury
Chennai (Madras), India
“All the amenities for a perfect stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night as a business traveler. It is located in the heart of Merrimack Valley and a perfect destination after hours of a long day business meetings. Though far from Boston city it provides good service, beautifully appointed facilitities and many attractions of the Merrimack Valley including the Tsongas Arena, Lowell Memorial Auditorium, shopping and golf.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing - Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We often hear that our location is fantastic for those traveling to and from the Merrimack Valley. Business people, like yourself find our amenities ideal (function space, business center, high speed internet, etc.), while those traveling on leisure find them just appealing (pool, gym, saunas, etc.). Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We decided to stay at this Hotel due to rate being within our budget. When we arrived there I was quite happy with the quick check in and the beautiful Lobby, not what you usually see in a Holiday Inn. Anyway, we got a room that was recently renovated and WOW! It was beautiful! It looked like I was staying at a Hilton or similar. It even had a subtle "new stuff" smell in the room. In the morning we went down for breakfast and everybody was so accomodating in the restaurant - excellent service specially when you have kids you NEED all the help. The check out experience was easy and quick since I already had my receipt under my door first thing in the morning. I will be staying at this hotel anytime I come to MA and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for the feedback you've provided. The renovation has certainly received raved reviews by our guests and clients and we are thrilled with the feedback we are receiving. That said, the product itself is just half of the formula for a successful hotel - the other half is the service - and we are proud that both halves made for an enjoyable stay during your visit with us. We pride ourselves with striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for to confirming our efforts are being noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
East Orland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We traveled from Maine with our 5-year old son so very proud to compete for the first time in an ATA tournament. We chose the Holiday Inn Tewksbury/Andover. The morning of the tournament, a few hours before our son was due to compete, we had to tell him that during the night while we were sleeping guests at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury/Andover, 15 cars were vandalized, including ours. Our driver's window smashed in and our little guy's gear stolen from our car trunk, including his orange belt he worked so hard to earn & his stars & patches lovingly sewn on by his mother . . . gone! Hotel management never called anyone in their rooms to let them know their cars were wide open for hours after the break-ins, never paid attention to car alarms going off (other guests mentioned they had heard), never warned anyone that this has happened numerous times before. THEY DEMONSTRATED A COMPLETE COULD CARE LESS ATTITUDE! Even knowing that this is ongoing, they still continue to provide no security cameras in the parking lot to protect their paying guests . . . some of the cars broken into were less than 30 ft. from the lobby entrance. We heard they recently updated this Holiday Inn, NOW . . . WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO UPDATE PROTECTION FOR THEIR GUESTS???? We are still wondering, after a nonchalant explanation by the night clerk . . . were the police even called?

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
We are very disappointed to read about the experience you had while visiting us last month. It is extremely uncommon for there to have been vehicle break-ins in the area. Actually, for many associates that have worked here for 10-15 years they never recalled such an occurrence in the past. Sadly, some unfortunate people chose to partake in illegal activities which ruined an otherwise nice stay for others. We apologize for the experience you had and the follow up that occurred afterwards. It's our #1 goal to provide our guests with a safe, enjoyable, and productive environment during their visit. We hope you will join us again knowing that had not occurred before or since. Eagerly awaiting your return....

Travelers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

Middletown CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Last night more than twelve cars were burglarized in the parking lot at this hotel. The hotel is located at the distant end of a corporate office park, and the parking lot is dimly lit. The staff informed me that there is no regular security patrol in the parking lot, furthermore there is no closed circuit surveillance of the parking lot. If there were ANY staff members on duty between 11PM and 6AM, they were somehow oblivious to thieves smashing out the windows of more than twelve automobiles in their own parking lot.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I've reviewed this hotel before and considered it not bad for a Holiday Inn. I've just spent three nights there on a business trip and was plagued by Internet problems that made it unable to work in the prime evening hours. The free Internet service is provided by an outside company and there is a contact number for the provider in each room. The ISP was very professional and reset the hardware that was servicing me. This immediately restored service, but only for a few minutes. Calling back got the ISP to look at the situation carefully and to conclude that there was a "bandwidth abuser" (eg constantly downloading movies, etc) I got to know the ISP quite well, calling them several times each night. Eventually they watched the network and reset whenever the abuser came back on line but it was quite disruptive to conducting business.

I will give this hotel another try when I have business again in the Tewksbury area but if the Internet problem reoccurs it will cause me to cross this Holiday Inn off my list and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Mid-Atlantic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We chose the Holiday Inn over others because it appeared to be further away from busy highways. We asked for a very quiet room (the hotel was not busy at all) and the receptionist was extremely obliging. Our room faced a wood lot, albeit to see the woods we had to look over a vast expanse of air conditioners on a lower rooftop. (Luckily, it was fairly quiet.) The sheets seemed worn out and kind of "itchy."

The room was predictable and average in every way, but it was okay. No complimentary breakfast, so we had to get in the car and look for a place. Rate was good - we used a book w/coupons we picked up on the Mass Pike and had no problem using it. (Not like last year when a Best Western in Concord Mass refused to accept their hotel's own coupon and we paid a lot more.

The purpose of our stay was to spend the next day, in entirety, at the Lowell National Historic Park and study the old textile mills and see the boarding houses and other aspects of the Industrial Revolution in America. The hotel was about 3 miles from the Park, but it was pretty easy to navigate w/Google Maps.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Billerica, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I needed to get a hotel at the last minute, and this was the best value I could find. It was more than ideal for what I needed. I just needed a comfy place to stay for a night, and it was. Check in was pretty fast, and the room was in good shape. I saw signs saying they were renovating, and I couldnt tell if my room was "old" or not. It seemed older but in very good shape. I was on a floor with a lot of kids but did not hear a peep from inside my room. I did not use the pool, gym, nor the restaurant. I would definitely stay here again if needed (but I probably wouldn't, as I live in this area).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!