“Nice, Out of the way hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tewksbury
Boston, MA
“Nice, Out of the way hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while at an event not too far from here. The approach to this hotel is up a side road full of various corporate buildings. The area around the hotel is nice, but you're not going to be walking to anything. Room was spacious, clean, nice bed and shower - a mini fridge was in the room as well. Please note if you have allergies that this a pet-friendly hotel - one day I was going to take the elevator and someone had a trolley with 4 dogs in crates! I don't know what floor they were going to, but thankfully I didn't hear any barking. The hotel has a nice indoor pool and whirlpool, but room and decor the where they're located is rather dated - found myself laughing at it. It's only open certain hours when a lifeguard is on duty, but thankfully it was opened late enough so I could use the whirlpool each night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury. Thank you for your comments about our property. We are a pet friendly hotel and allow them into certain room types. Our pool is open 4:00pm to 10:00pm during the week and 10:00am to 10:00pm on the weekends. A certified lifeguard is on duty at all times for the safety of all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Willingboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

When booking our room, we were trying to find something in Salem, but everything we found was overpriced. Needing a nice, clean, standard room just while passing through, we didn't want to spend a small fortune. Holiday Inn to the rescue!

The rooms are updated, clean, and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. And this was by far the best value we found in the area, so we were pleasantly surprised with what a great value we got for the money.

We would certainly stay here again. and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury. We have a great location at an affordable rate whether it is for a business or leisure stay. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the area.
Mckeesport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Pet owners BEWARE if you are going to stay at this hotel THAT has very RUDE front desk help please stay elsewhere ( I have stayed at a lot of hotels that are pet friendly and book this one from bring fido since it was a last minute booking since we were traveling back home from Maine to Pennsylvania and thought it would be a good idea to check out Boston for a day. We have a little 4lb Yorkie that has a mesh cage that we leave him in with food and water while we are on vacation while visiting tourist attractions BUT This hotel we were advised THAT no animal should be left alone in the room unless using the Dirty Pool or overpriced restaurant but you had to take them when leaving the property SO if you are in town to take in a sporting event Red Sox, Bruins, and Patriots make sure you buy a ticket for your Dog. Cannot swim in pool always closed and when I did the lifeguard would not no if I was drowning or not since she was playing on her phone the whole time I was there.

Stayed July 2014
TwinTier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Stephen H,
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with certain elements of our pet policy. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings experienced with our pool and the lack of friendliness exhibited by one of our desk associates. The current pet policy which incorporates not leaving pets unattended in the guest room while their owners were off property, was a direct result of feedback garnered from our guests, many of whom travel with pets as well. We do appreciate your comments and the time taken to advise us of your dissatisfaction with certain aspects that need attention. We constantly strive to improve our overall guest experience and use feedback such as yours to positively impact future guest stays. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Tewksbury for this brief visit during your return trip to Pennsylvania.
Don DuPaul

Travelers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel was great. Very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I love how this hotel is far from the road, unlike some of the hotels in the area. Laura at the front desk was so helpful, she has a wonderful personality. I would definitely come back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our beautiful property as well as kind words about Laura at the front desk. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments us.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is showing its age. We were given a room where the bathtub had a drainage problem. We decided not to call the hotel and bought our own liquid plumbr. We also wanted a new box of Kleenex but were told they did not have any more. Also, the usual lotion you get at Holiday Inn (brand name) was not available when requested - they said they have just conditioner now.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear mudd_stuffin,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I do want to take this time to apologize for the shortcomings you may have experienced. It is regrettable that the bathroom quality and amenities did not live up to your expectations. Comments like these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Mid afternoon we discovered, heard, experienced a wedding party on our floor, on our wing.

We went out for dinner and when we returned I decided to see what strategy we could set up.

I talked with the front desk staff who immediately appreciated our predicament. They offered us keys to a room away from the "party", as opposed to waiting to see if the "party" caused us to loose sleep.

We did not have to move our goods etc. No additional charge. Cool.

Room Tip: 1st fllor wing has early morning noise from the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
First I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury. It's great to hear that our staff acted appropriately and expeditiously to move you and your belongings to an area of our hotel away from the larger group. We do our best to satisfy all of our guests and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.
Joppa, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel! You will get real hospitality at Residence Inn by Marriott Tewksbury Andover across the street or the Wyndham Andover on Old River Rd. This hotel only wants to cater to business people! My husband came on a business trip for a training course and I accompanied him along with our one year old daughter. He called and made a reservation with the TWO person breakfast buffet for 5 nights. Upon check in they gave us our room keys and vouchers for the breakfast buffet. Our vouchers were for ONE person to eat breakfast. We told them the internet, as well as reservations, told us TWO people were to receive the breakfast. The lady then said "Only the employee is eligible to receive breakfast". I was told I could come to the "restaurant" and pay for myself out of pocket. It is the same free buffet available to ALL guests at the other hotels. Anyone can walk in off the street and pay to eat at their "restaurant". Excuse me for wanting to feel like a welcomed guest at their establishment. On our second day housekeeping did not clean our room. When I asked why I was told it was because I had put up the do not disturb sign. I only did this for one hour so our one year old daughter could take a nap. So if you want to take a shower or just have some privacy for one moment and put the sign on the door, housekeeping will use this as an excuse to not clean your room. I guess they are trying to discourage guests from staying and using the room during the day. The pool is only open from 4pm until 10pm. Again only accommodating the business person. They allow people to use the pool during the day, a huge group of children, but not the paying guest. They need to pay serious attention to their parking lot behind the building. Very few lights and the ones they do have are covered up by trees making it very dark at night. If they made the back of the building more appealing maybe people would park there but because there is very little lighting no one wants to park back there leaving everyone to fight for the spots in the front of the building. Half of the front parking lot is taken up by tractor trailer trucks. They need to either fix the back parking lot or make the trucks park there. I let the hotel know everyday that I felt very unwelcome at their establishment. They did not care. They did absolutely nothing to help make me feel better about my stay. I asked to speak to the manager several times but he never attempted to contact me. I tried to call the Wyndham to change hotels but they did not have any rooms available. Upon checkout I noticed they charged me for a long distance call. Both hotel phone numbers start with the same area code and are 5.6 miles away from each other! Very disappointed in this hotel I will never stay here again! They do not value their guests!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience online. It is regrettable that the level of service you received was a let down. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your experience.

We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!