“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very good price / quality for prestastion including the pool
The room are good and quiet.
A safe is missing in the room.
The checkout is fast and no need to wait.
The breakfast is not the rich one I used to in general in the holiday inn in Europe.

The microwave was a good surprise in the room. The service was good

• Stayed July 2013
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Patrick g,

Thank you for your review of our award winning hotel. We are excited that you had an enjoyable visit with us and look forward to your return. Our rooms are indeed quite and clean, and our front office express check out service provides a fluid departure from the hotel….glad you found it to be of service. Have wonderful travels. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is hidden gem of a hotel. I really loved staying here but it's too far from my company to continue to do so. The pool and hot tub are very clean, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The only complaints I have are A.) The front desk staff (particularly the man who works the graveyard / night shift). Bad attitude, rude, doesn't want to be there. B.) The restaurant could use an overhaul, it has potential (great coffee in the morning)! but you can tell a lot of the ingredients/items are frozen and not fresh. You're better off getting take-out from the local Longhorn or 99 restaurant. C.) There is only 1 washer and dryer so you're out of luck if someone is using it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear iloveravens,

Thank you for sharing your most recent review with us. We are so excited to know that we met your expectations and only wish that our location is closer to your company so you can join us on all your business travel needs to the area. We are following up on your comments regarding the night audit service you experienced – thank you for bringing that to our attention. We hope your next visit to the area includes a visit to us – whether it would be business or pleasure.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to Maine. This hotel is in a great location just off I84 and was a good stopping point on our way to Maine from the Baltimore area. We had a room with two double beds. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable.

The front desk people were friendly and brought extra towels to my room upon request. We used the pool in the evening and we were the only family there. It only went to 3 or 4 feet in depth and there was a lifeguard on duty.

The only complaint I have is about the noise. You could hear everything happening in the hallway. We stayed at a time when there were teenage athletes also staying there and the door slamming, screaming, and running up and down the hallway after 10 p.m. really impeded my sleep. After telling them to be quiet (they were marginally quieter), I finally had to put a pillow over my head to dull the noise. Also, the air conditioner unit was very loud and was on and off all night long.

I thought all Holiday Inns offered free breakfast, but this one did not.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear thejamisons,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bedford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel during a visit to see our son in Boston and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and a tremendous value (we received breakfast with our room). It looks as if the hotel was recently renovated - the rooms are large enough for 3-4 ppl (our daughter stayed with my wife and I) in the room. We asked for a fridge when we checked in and was surprised to be told that every room had one already placed inside (as well as a microwave!). Service was outstanding - great housekeeper and restaurant waiter - kuddo's to both. We also used the pool one day and although it was packed with other guests if was a great place to relax before heading into town for dinner. We will diffidently we back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TwinTier, Area Directer of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Albert N,

Thank you for your recent visit to our award winning landmark hotel. We are so excited that you have an enjoyable stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy sharing time with your son. Indeed each of our 227 rooms are equipped with a microwave oven and refrigerator – it’s an added amenity that guests have asked for so we make it standard in each room. We have received awards for our cleanliness and renovation and we are thrilled you noticed both. Our pool gets its share of use, especially this time of year when summer is upon us and we are happy to know you used this complimentary amenity as well. We look forward to your next visit and we will be sure to extend the best value and service delivery available anywhere in the area. Until then, have a wonderful summer!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The is nice to look at but its not clean. I saw some hair on the carpet. The bathroom looks clean too. But you had this feeling that it is not clean. Im in room 564. The door handl3 is defective. Its hard to open. I tried the possible combination but took me like ten minutes struggling just to open the door. The bathroom sink is clogged. Nice bathroom ammenities. I believe this hotel also accomodate pets inside. That is the why I have this guilt feeling that the room is not clean because of the pets.

Like is said the breakfast is great.

• Stayed July 2013
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketibng at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear frequent_traveler_x,

Thank you for your critique of our hotel and we are so happy you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. We have brought to the attention of the appropriate departments your impressions of our guest rooms, and specifically address your concerns with our housekeeping team. Indeed we extend a “welcome” to pets and have specific rooms that pets are housed with their owners in the hotel and typically guests with pets understand that scenario given they have pets as well. We hope you will join us again for a visit soon and please bring your four legged friend.
Albany, New York, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed here twice. Had poor expierences both times. We stayed a second time hoping the first was a fluke. The customer service is very poor. The front desk has been rude and not at all helpful. Both times stayed in rooms with some damage and when we brought it to the front desks attention they shrugged their shoulders. The second time there was a very loud party happening at the paino in the lobby. There was noise, drinking and smoking. They have an issue with cleaning the mold off the tub and shower curtain. We have complained both times to the management. My daughter happens to be an IHG employee and was treated very badly. Clearly they have no respect for fellow employees. She has gotten a mediocre response from management. i have gotten none. Even though I am the person who paid the bill they did not feel it was necessary to respond to me directly. My son lives in Boston and it is not a long drive from Tewksbury however it is not someplace I would ever stay in again nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear MT,

Firstly, we are so terribly disappointed to have received your review of our award winning hotel - we don’t believe we’ve read one that has critiqued our service and product as disappointingly as yours in recent memory. In an effort to address your concerns personally and immediately, we would like for you to reach out to our General Manager and/or our Area Director of Sales and Marketing directly just as soon as possible by calling the hotel and asking for either. Of course, it’s our sincere desire to improve any impression that may not provide our guests with a true depiction of our landmark hotel and although you have shared a poor experience with us we also know it does not accuracy depict neither us nor the overwhelming positive and favorable responses we receive each day. Naturally, we want to ensure your impression of us is heightened….and we’d like to start by doing so with the leadership of our hotel. Please call us directly. In the meantime, our entire management team has been provided your feedback and has met to discuss your findings.
Phillipsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were enroute from Maine to NJ and on a whim I picked up one of those Hotelcoupons.com booklets that you find at the rest areas to see if I could find a deal when we stopped for the night. I saw the coupon for this hotel, called to book a room and they quoted a rate of $119. I told her I had a coupon....do they still honor that? Absolutely...room comes down to $79. Worth getting that coupon! The hotel looked like it would be a nice business hotel, nice entrance/desk area, good sized restaurant...had that business feel to it. Got up to the room and was surprised that it was a little cramped for 3 people (with luggage). We looked all over for a luggage rack and (like another reviewer), couldn't find one in the room...so we were trying to balance one suitcase on a chair while the other (my son could bend easier than I could!) had to go on the floor. While everyone has their own preferences, I would prefer a luggage rack over a microwave on an overnight stay. Unless I'm staying a few nights (where I can go to the supermarket and get some frozen food), I'm not going to use a microwave oven...however a luggage rack would be used instantly (and save my back the bending or lifting). Besides, is the cost of one luggage rack in a room going to bust the pockets of Holiday Inn? I'm thinking probably not. Anyway, I did like the room otherwise and the bed was comfortable. We all picked the pillow that was most comfortable for us, but they should've been standard size pillows. Half size pillows, just looks like you're skimping. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was very pleasant. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel because we were just dying for the Cracker Barrell blueberry pancakes across the street, but the hotel breakfast did look wonderful. Despite the suggestions above, we were all happy with this hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ajsnskool,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and as importantly your most recent visit to the area with us. We appreciate you impressions and are thrilled your stay was an enjoyable one and you would return to us on your next visit to the area. We appreciate you noticing that your guest room (as well as all others too) are equipped with a microwave oven (and each has a refrigerator as well!). The overwhelming majority of our guests asked us to provide these amenities and we were happy to do so. Given the number of amenities out rooms have a luggage rack is not one of them at this time. We hope you also noticed that each room has a variety of pillow options from firm to soft to foam to fiber, etc. Moreover, each of our beds comes with 4 standard sized pillows each as apposed to the traditional 2 that a standard bed would accommodate in a hotel. Also, if additional pillows of any size are requested we are always happy to provide promptly. We hope on your next visit you’ll enjoy our bountiful breakfast buffet (and our chef would be happy to create blueberry pancakes for you as well!). Have a wonderful summer ahead and know we appreciate your business.

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!