“Never go here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Arlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Never go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I suggest never going here. I had to stay here for a wedding that was down the street. From the beginning they were being extremely rude to me. I called to request a room from the block it took six times for them to find the block six different times are you kidding me. Each time that is called they hung up on me and I would have to call back again. I was on hold for twenty minutes. Finally when they told me they found it I requested a room with two doubles because there was two couples staying in the room. I called back the week before since I was having so much trouble with them at the beginning just to double check I had the room that I asked and the lady said yes. Tell me why I went to the hotel the night of the wedding and I had a room with one king bed. When I checked in they gave me trouble and almost didn't give me the room. Never staying here again not worth the money at all and I had it discounted. On the floor I stayed on almost it smelled like dirty laundry. Dont waste your time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Katie11492,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence soon.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cortland, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm pretty thankful that I only had to stay here for one quick night. The lobby was beautiful and the man at the front desk was kind and charming. The room was clean upon first glance. As the night went on, some problems arose.

The first lamp I tried to turn on was non-functional. The bathroom sink had a dead ant in it. This would have been a mildly unfortunate circumstance, had I not had to strategically kill a massive wasp/Mothra hybrid only an hour later. Super gross. The bathroom door was too big for the frame and had to be shoved closed. The toilet paper holder fell apart upon first touch. There was also no "Do Not Disturb" sign in the room.

For a quick one-night stay, it wasn't the worst that could exist, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Rachel N,

Although disappointed with some of the comments, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy you recognized the renovation of the lobby and public space. We are excited with the way it came out and the impression our guests have of it. That said our enthusiasm of your stay was tempered by the additional experience you mentioned. Our housekeeping and engineering team has been tasked to follow up with your comments and gratefully have addressed any concerns you surfaced. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to show you why we are the hotel of choice in the Boston West marketplace. Regards,
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We need ADA rooms on our travels and HI usually has great ones. The bathroom and size of the room didn't disapppoint. Of course they gave us a double bed with a King headboard?? The room was unbearably hot most of the time despite the staff trying to fix the AC twice but actually making it worse. By day 2 the unit leaked so badly the carpet was soaked and the dripping was annoying. The mattress was the worst....so concave we rolled toward each other constantly. Unfortunately, it is difficult to change rooms when there are so few ADA ones available. The pool was adequate but only 3 feet deep everywhere....not very useful for actual exercise. The staff was responsive but didn't seem capable of actually helping us. They appeared spread too thin which we are noticing more and more in hotels. After asking at the desk for help twice they finally sent someone to the room who spoke no English and had no idea what I wanted. This hotel is very convienent to downtown Lowell and that made the visit to the area go very smoothly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 2Ramblers,

We are so very disappointed to have read your review of your most recent visit with us – we have immediately addressed your concerns. Beginning with the AC unit, it had malfunctioned and it’s since been replaced. Additionally, all our bedding is less than a year old (all new since the multimillion renovation in 2011) – so we were very concerned about the review of your room’s mattress. We have ordered a new one for that room and we appreciate you sharing with us the default of the product. We take pride and are grateful for the comments and reviews of our guests and clients – it helps us know where we are exceeding the expectations of our guests and where we can strive even harder to do so. We hope you will come and visit with us again. We are confident in a pleasant and comfortable stay with value that is the best in the Boston Metro area. Regards,
Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Traveling with a four-year old is hard enough, toss in a small puppy and finding a decent room is nearly impossible. But the folks at the Holiday Inn in Tewksbury helped us pull it off. The room was clean, staff was friendly and responsive, and we even managed to hit up the breakfast bar for a few boxes of cereal and a muffin.

My only complaint is that Holiday Inn.com says the fee for a dog is $25 and the hotel charged $50.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Joshua H,

We are honored that you chose to stay with us recently with your child and doggy. As you’ve noticed, we cater to all kinds – and we don’t stop at just humans. Our four legged canines are also welcome. Actually, we encourage our two legged guests to bring them on vacation. It’s a much more pleasant experience for them than a kennel, don’t you think? We look forward to your next visit and hope that you’ll bring along your four legged companion as well. Woof! Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was booked into this Holiday Inn by Priceline--got a great price.

generally, I am not a Holiday Inn fan, but this was very clean. The staff was very accommodating, though the A/C wasnt working properly. They even replaced the unit while we were there. Unfortunately, it was a case where the temp outside was very cold and the temp inside was very warm and the thermostat couldnt make up its mind--not the hotel's fault.

Good location, clean room, comfy bed--I would stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sirk98,

Thank your for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. It’s become clear “we’re not your grandparents Holiday Inn”. You seem to indicate the same. It may have become apparent with the multi-million dollar renovation we undertook last year, as well as the $1 Billion marketing campaign Holiday Inn launched in 2011. Our brand and specifically our hotel is second to none in the area and although we’re proud of our history, we are thrilled about our future. Thank you for sharing some time with us and we look forward to your next stay soon. Regards,
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is clean but somehow didn't feel "new". The room was large and included a sitting area. breakfast doesn't come with the room ( unlike at Holiday Inn Express) but if you are a member of the HI club they will offer it to you if you ask. There is a small pool and a work out room in the basement ( nothing special). It was good as a stopover on route from NYC to Maine.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing for Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear NYC Travel Pal,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy you felt the hotel was clean – we take a lot of pride in our cleanliness and upkeep. Our hotel was built in 1988 as the first full service hotel in the immediate area, since then we have had multiple renovations to keep up with the busy hotel we’ve become – most recently having renovated extensively in 2011. We hope you’ll join us again on another visit to or from NYC – we’d be honored to have you as our guest again.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights as we visited the town of Tuksbury - where he grew up. This Holiday Inn is very clean and updated. We were extremely happy with our choice. The furnishings are modern and new. The bathroom extremely clean; bed excellent for sleep (they offered 2 types of pillows....soft and medium); they had a fridge & micro; & cable TV. We worked out in their gym, but didn't use their indoor pool. They also have available a washer and dryer downstairs (lobby floor). Breakfast was good and very resonably priced. It is located in a business area so no place to really walk around and tour (immediately outside the property anyway). There is a gas station down the road and if I recall a fastfood restaraunt. It is near the freeway which we found very convenient.

We found this place excellent area for our purpose and very cleas, safe with new furnishings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear da-mung-ster,

We are excited that you enjoyed your recent visit with us – kind of a coming home party for your husband it sounds like. I’m sure he enjoyed growing up here. Tewksbury is such a special town; close to Boston, close to some great shopping, and close to many high tech businesses. We’re glad to know you enjoyed our breakfast buffet - it’s a winner for sure. Our housekeeping staff has been made aware of your favorable reviews to their efforts in the bathrooms and guest room. They are thrilled! Like you mentioned, you had a refrigerator and microwave in your room. You’ll be happy to know the next time you visit you’ll have the same as every room in the hotel has one installed now. Our guests are providing us with some wonderful feedback to this added amenity that may hotels don’t offer. We look forward to your next visit “home”. Please see us!

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!