“New Modern Rooms With Dirty Bathrooms” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   95 Main Street, I-495 Exit #38, Tewksbury, MA 01876   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Hartford, Connecticut
“New Modern Rooms With Dirty Bathrooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I wish I had seen all these reviews before I booked my stay, I would have stayed elsewhere because they are accurate to my experience. The Motel has an outdoor pool, which was closed because the season is over. It also shares a parking lot with IHOP -- literally steps away, across the grass. (The Motel is L shaped.)The only problem with this set up is that you can't park close to the rooms on that side because of the IHOP, so it can be a slight walk from your car. Your also fighting for parking spots with IHOP customers. The pool is located on that side, directly behind the IHOP. There is a Burger King in the next lot, walking distance, and the Motel is right off the highway. I arrived before the check-in time because when I made the reservation over the phone Motel 6 did not require a credit card to hold the room, which I like, but they told me that I must be there at 3pm to check in so that my reservation would be honored. I didn't want to chance it so I arrived early to pay for my room. While the woman at the front desk was friendly she said she "Couldn't guarantee that your room would be ready by 3pm because last night was busy and they have a lot of rooms to clean." I would have felt a little better about her statement had I not seen four people sitting in the office space doing nothing. (And, don't get me wrong, I'm not hard to please and people do need breaks/lunches but I would think if your behind in room cleaning and your hotel is booked Management would hold off on allowing four people to take breaks at the same time so that rooms could be ready for the guests on time.) At that time I asked for extra blankets and pillows and was assured they would be there. (I even heard her tell the person in charge of that room about my request.) Not wanting to rock the boast we arrived back at the the motel after 3pm to ensure the room was ready. There was a new person behind the desk, he was also friendly. He finished the check in process with me and had to check if the room was ready. He left me at the desk and came back. He assured me it was ready. I was put on the first floor, which was nice. When I arrived at the room and opened the door there was a distinct odor. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was, it wasn't gross but it was there. It wasn't that off putting and I liked the look of the modern room, the flat screen t.v., and the size of the refridge and microwave. The laminate floors are nice, and a good idea -- like the other review says, especially if they allow animals. This is where my love of the room ends......I walked in the bathroom and there were three big long hairs on the tub. Very noticeable!! I don't know how they could've missed them. The tub also had brown marks on it, like cigarettes were placed there to rest while someone was using the bathroom. (The room was suppose to be a non-smoking room, but there was an ashtray -- turned upside down -- on the bedside table.) I could not inspect the room further because I had an event to attend. I made a quick stop at the front desk and explained the situation. I was assured it would be handled, so I left. (Now, if you remember when I checked in the person behind the desk had to check if the room was ready and was told it was.)When I returned, hours later, the hairs were still there. Then I noticed other things......The toilet itself was not cleaned, there was dried urine under the seat and at the back where the lid/seat attach to the toilet. The shelves outside the bathroom in the sink area were covered in dust. I went to the front desk and told the gentleman that I spoke with earlier that the hairs were still there. He apologized and told me the person told him that they handled it. With that I felt that there was no point in bringing up the rest of the issues. I'd clean the bathroom myself, there was nothing else I could do since the motel was completely booked. I also had to ask him for the extra pillows and blankets the woman behind the desk had assured me would be there. (I didn't get extra blankets, only sheets. Not what I needed.) I actually felt bad that I had to ask him for things that should've been there/taken care of. A few more notes on the bathroom...The tub is slightly higher than your tub at home, so you have to make a slightly awkward step up which puts you closer to the ceiling. It gives it a closed in/tight feel. The shower head looks impressive but the water pressure stinks. No matter how well I closed the curtain the floor between the toilet and tub got soaked. There were some holes in the bathroom walls that were patched, but not smoothed or painted. The rest of the room....The beds were neatly made, comfortable, and clean. I didn't notice anything on the sheets. There was plenty of bedside space, shelves on either side and in the middle. There was a table and two chairs under the flat screen t.v. The refridge was bigger than most that I have seen in hotels with nice freezer space. While the room looked impressive in size I soon found out it was a tight fit for a cot or pack-n-play. The space between the bed/window, bed/bed, and bed/wall is not big enough to allow something like that to fit there. Even at the foot of the bed it is a tight fit, blocking the way to the bathroom if placed in front of the second bed and touching the table/chairs and making walking around difficult for the first bed. I thought it would fit between the wall and the refridge/microwave, but nope. I ended up moving one of the chairs and placing it on the wall with the table, a little farther away than I liked but not a trip hazard. (Just an FYI for people travel with kids.) I did notice a Police presence, both inside the motel behind the counter and outside on the grounds. I didn't know why they were there and they didn't bother me. (Other reviews mention this.) Check out time is 12pm, which is awesome. We were out of there well before then. Check out was uneventful. "Your all set, just leave the keys on the counter".....the woman couldn't even bother to stop what she was doing and walk over to the counter......she didn't even ask me how my stay was.......

Room Tip: If you want a close walk to your room and parking you don't have to "fight" for then a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear DealMom,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A pleasant surprise to walk into the modern decor. The wood laminate floors are a great idea, and all Hotels should have them! Although there are families placed there by the state, we did not have any problems during our stay. It may help that there is a cop on duty overnight. The only downfall is that you have to pay for internet...

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for a ground floor room if needed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear bobstay,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I dont want to make as if this place was real dirty when I stayed there. It was perfect for and that they allow dogs was perfect. U dont find many palces that allow animals and I was truely happy they did. the staff was very nice and if needed anything they would help you. It just needed a littt bit more TLC on the bathroom. Sorry if anything was that of a badpklace cuz its far from it. It was great since I live in Boston and to see my grandson I was able to go there wth my dogs. I wont be able for awhile due I am disable and money does not allow me to have extra money for gas and a few nites in motel. But when I can I will stay there in Tewksbury Motel 6 in a heartbeat. Maybe put a little fridge in rooms would help . THANK U

• Stayed August 2013
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear cherietumm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 1403 Boston (Tewksbury).

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The lady at the front desk was so pleasant. The rooms were ok. They need to clean the tubs like actually scrub them and the toilet. the floors were dirty. and the sheets felt like sand paper. and the fact that the sheets r changed when u leave if there more than 2 days they will change? But I was relaxed it was quiet. The fact that the next day a few doors down there was either a shooting or stabbing kinda makes me nervous cuz I planned on staying there again for a couple of nights again. i did tell my friends it was great and then this happened. so im a bit nervous to ever stay there. and its perfect area cuz it near family and everything else. Thank you

• Stayed August 2013
Dear cherietumm,

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Over the past several years, I've stayed at this property many times. I'd love to be writing a positive review about their new rooms and property spruce-up but unfortunately, this is overshadowed by other issues. Unfortunately, this property has had some issues with undesireables lately and the Tewksbury police department has decided to focus on the property. Now a police presence might be a good thing if that's where it stops but the Tewksbury cops are roaming around the property and stopping guests for no reason just to "send a message". Now I'm not a criminal and it isn't appropriate to stop my car at 8:50 PM for NO reason just because I decided to run down the street to have dinner. I'm not a criminal and I refuse to be treated like one. I won't be staying here any more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear aflyer100,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived after a trip down from Maine on a day when heavy, windblown rain was the order of the day. Was put out back in a first floor room that had flooded. I'm guessing that the water had made it's way in under the door. Went to the desk to report the flooding where (Jose') first asked if I wanted another room. To which I jokingly replied I had not brought my life jacket so yes, I would like to relocate please. He then wanted to know if I had done anything to dirty the room and did it need to be cleaned! Well it didn't need a cleaning but it damn sure needed to be dried. Holy Christ are you serious, Jose'? Anyway, got a second floor room that was clean, comfortable and DRY. And that is my story. I have to be down here for a class in September and will most likely try this place again.

Room Tip: The bottom floor room #149 floods in heavy rain. Bring your Kayak or Scuba Gear!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear William L.,

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

they have new rooms look very nice. but same old staff they don't care at all. twice i stayed this past week 1st night brand new TV did not work at all i was told there was nothing that could be done.the internet they use is the worse I've ever seen. so i came back last night and again in a room looks nice but the TV got 6 stations and was all snowy was told that's the best they can do for me the girl working did not know how to program the TV's so once again i sat there with nothing to do wondering how they could get away with this.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Apologies-

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). Exceptional service is what we strive like to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my most sincere apologies. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem with our staff in order to prevent a future occurrence.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance. We are hopeful that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

978-851-8677
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston - Tewksbury
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!