“Lives up to its name. ” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
“Lives up to its name. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is an Extended Stay chain. There are the expected minor cosmetic issues, but this was, for us, a good location and a decent room.
If we had not bid and were asked to pay full price, we would drop it down a half star. Good value for the accepted price.

Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am glad you were happy with our location and that your room was to your liking. I am also pleased to read that you appreciated our affordable rates. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stayed in numerous Extended Stays all over the country. Yes! I move way too much. However, this Tewksbury takes the cake. First, upon checking in I didn't get my discounted rate and was told I would get it after my stay. I have used several codes like this at Extended Stay that have been on checkout but this one never specified this. The person who checked me in was completely clueless (not his fault...you could tell he was a total victim of micro-management). Everything needs to be deferred to the manager and regional manager.

I called the national number and he was confused as well. He called the regional manager, who promptly called back and left me a condescending lengthy message about how taxes work in the great state of Massachusetts. She literally repeated the same thing over in over; which had nothing to do with my question. I didn't even ask again figuring I would just deal with it at checkout! Good luck to me.

Then the first night, I slept a maximum of 4 hours. My room stinks like Indian spices (which I love Indian food just don't want to sleep in it). The person above me must be practicing his military marching in combat boots throughout the night. I am guessing since we are near Andover that is what was going on. Then again, I think that closed down but there is always Hascom. I also could not get my windows open for some much needed air.

I come home from work exhausted but ask to change rooms; simple enough. Enter clueless employee number two. Mind you, both employees are professional and courteous. It becomes completely evident we are seriously dealing with micro-management. The guy is completely frazzled and it was like I was requesting the most unusual thing. After 15 minutes of him staring at his screen; there are no other rooms but I can check tomorrow. I make him write a note to the micro-managers and no one gets back to me.

Night two, still smells but is enhanced by the many odorous foods being cooked in my wing of the hotel. Gee, I thought it said non-smoking! Sure smells like people lighting up cigarettes all around me! Lucky me though; I finally got my windows to open! I go to bed early because I am tired from the night before but at 9pm my neighbors kid starts screaming. Sure go ahead! It is just a child it can't help it! No, it is not that kind of screaming; it is playing screaming! The parents decide they are going to play with their child for about 2 hours. 2 hours of screaming and pounding. By some miracle or probably exhaustion I fall asleep. How many people are they allowing in these rooms anyway?

I come home from work today and stop at the desk for one of those many available rooms there are supposed to be. There is a third employee; Jamar! Jamar is the only good thing so far I have encountered. He actually gives me intelligent and useful information. He was very courteous and informed me that there were no available rooms. He promised to follow up with me and I believe him. He apologizes for the situation and I assure him he is not at fault...at all! He is the best thing that ever happened to this particular Extended Stay and they should maybe make him the manager.

So, I come to my room and lay down to relieve my pounding headache from lack of sleep. I get up to make myself some food in Extended Stay's self-proclaimed "fully equipped kitchen!" and here are my pans! Are you kidding me? You should be ashamed and embarrassed Extended Stay! I should have known when I checked in and your luggage rack fell apart. If I were the corporation of Extended Stay I would get over here now and try to redeem your brand! Now I can't even cook myself something to eat! Lucky my microwave "sort of works!" I am putting this picture everywhere I can and sending it to the corporate office! This is also the most money I have ever paid for an Extended Stay and I have been in way higher "Cost of Living" areas! What a disgrace!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room had an unpleasant smell, that you had difficulties opening your windows and that you experienced noise disturbance from neighboring guests. I will be meeting with our staff regarding these issues to ensure they are properly addressed. As well, I am very sorry that you had such difficulties getting the necessary information from our staff. I will be using your comments as a training tool to ensure our staff is properly equipped to answer all guest questions.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or at any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Revere, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I can't say enough about the wonderful staff here, they are always there to help. The room is really nice and clean with plenty of room, the other guest were never a problem and they also were very friendly.

If you need a place to stay ....THIS IS THE PLACE !

Room Tip: First Floor is nice facing the west side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Marietta, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hallways are dirty, laundry room dirty, lobby dirty. outside, trash and dog crap everywhere. So watch where your step! They might run the vacuum once a week in halls and lobby. Stains all over carpet in hall. No one ever cleans up outside. A lot of transition people living here. Cops driving around hotel all the time. Full kitchen my butt! 2 burners and no oven! Does not count as a full kitchen, no couch. Very few channels. I feel like I'm a prisoner here, when I change out sheets towels ect, I have to make sure I give them all the linens before they will give me any. Uummm I like to have all my clean stuff as I'm cleaning and replacing the dirty stuff. So I use my own sheets and bedding. I was talked to by one person as if I was below her. Uummm hello even if I was being transitioned, but i'm not, this person has no right to talk to others like that or treat them with disrespect!

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to enhance our cleaning procedures and provide the property with a deep clean. As well, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better service and provide for our guests in a more professional manner moving forward. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with a warm welcome and comfortable place to stay, so we will continuously strive to make this happen.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times in the last thee years for one month, three months and again for one month more recently. Paid $ 2000 per month, which in the Greater Boston area is very low. The only issues were minor ones, such as with the heating system making noise occasionally but in all other respects I was happy with the quality of the rooms and service, which was always aiming to please.

Most important to me was the WiFi, which I use for business, which worked smoothly during all my stays.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor facing the parking lot. That way you can open the curtains and nobody can look...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The only part I am slightly satisfied with is that the manager quickly responded to me personally, to let me know they will work on their issues. Other than that, cleanliness, accommodations, service all well below par. You get no shampoo or conditioner, no toothpaste, 1-ply, rough, toilet paper. Stains on bed and pillows, burns on mattress in non smoking room, staff complaining about their jobs, moved from one room to another poor room. Lots of noise, etc.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Please accept my apologies that you were not offered our amenity basket at check-in which includes shampoo and toothpaste for guests. In response to your review, our team will be retrained to be more diligent in inspecting the guest rooms for cleanliness and providing guest with all amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you choose Extended Stay America for your future travel needs.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you like a dirty room and a lot of noise, this is the place for you. And if you really like to not get a good value for your money, this is definitely the place for you. From the second I made the reservation to the second I left - this hotel was a big disappointment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Pamela - Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I want to apologize for the service you received. We do take pride in our customer service. Our hotel here in Tewksbury does have some families with children that do stay here for periods of times which depending on the ages of children does create some noise.

I do apologize that the noise level was higher during your stay. We will use this survey to coach our staff to ensure these issues do not happen again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!