“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Terrible. My boyfriend and I went to Smokey Bones for dinner. There were people at the bar and no one else in the restaurant sitting at booths. We were seated at a booth in the bar area, in plain sight of many employees. After being seated, we sat there for 15-20 minutes without ANYONE coming to ask us for our order, not even our drink order. The manager was inspecting booths around us, including the booth right NEXT to us to make sure they were clean. Another waitress was cleaning and saw us numerous times. We decided to leave because that's just ridiculous. As we left, I told the manager that we were sitting there and no one came to help us. She played dumb and asked us where we were sitting. She lied to my face, pretending she had no idea. I will NEVER go there again. I'm sure the food is great, but I wouldn't know...I didn't get that far.

• Visited May 2013

Taunton, Massachusetts
“All good, all the time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Tasty food, varied menu, generous portions, friendly staff, and great coupons. We are repeat customers for all these reasons.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
massachusetts
“Great food, great deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

First time going here. Was dubious it was going to be another over the top portion food with prices to follow. Wow, what a surprise. My husband and I both ordered the ribs. I got the smokey bones traditional ones, he got the st. Louis ones. While they were both scrumptious, the st. Louis was both our favorite. Although the st. Louis were more fatty, the original, just fall off the bone. The service was outstanding, the delivery of the food was fast.....we opted for no appetizer, glad we didn't because it was not that long of a wait. The waitress recommended the pitcher of beer instead of by the glass. She was right, 6.00 for the pitcher of beer, bargain. My favorite was the small desert shots. What a great idea when you want a little something sweet after a meal, but not too much. They also had a nice size bar area.

The atmosphere was nice, had a bit of a pub feel, much open large and airy. We were there on a Saturday night at 7, there was not too much of a crowd, just right. I liked the fact that although there were little kids there, they were spread far out enough that you didn't feel like you were in a kids restaurant.

We got 2 yummy dinners, a pitcher of beer, 2 desert shots all for under 45.00. We thought that was great.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Food and service have declined.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The family and I went here a few weeks back and I have to say the service was slow and didn't seem to really care about doing her job efficiently. The place was not crowded. She forgot a few things that we ordered and really presented herself as if it didn't matter. I ordered a steak that was not very good. Not cooked the way I ordered it. We haven't been here in quite some time and it seems the quality of the food staff have declined. Maybe just a bad night but I will certainly choose the Olive Garden or others in the area before returning to this place.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“BBQ & Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Great place for a quick beer, or for a take your time and savor the delicious bbq they are dishing out dinner. The pulled chicken is great, and the ribs are fall off the bone, finger licking good!