“Lobster pizza was great, the service was ok, parking is scare and I'm glad I had a groupon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Bistro - CLOSED

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Red Rock for dinner with my boyfriend. I bought a Groupon a while back and it was close to expiring. We made a reservation and were seated on time. The parking is on street and though it's now winter, I can only imagine the difficulty finding a spot when the warmer weather arrives.
To start I ordered the clam chowder. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It was just ok. It didn't have that much flavor and was on the thin side whereas I like my chowder thick, but that's a personal preference.

For my entree I ordered the lobster pizza which was delicious. I didn't find the portion skimpy, actually had left overs and I would def order it again. My boyfriend ordered the red bliss pizza and he enjoyed it as well. For dessert I had the creme brulee which was ok. It wasn't bad but I've def had better. Te menu is pricey and I think my pizza was worth it but I was glad I had a Groupon. The inside is clean, modern, and has a wondeful view of the water.
Our server was nice enough and the service wasn't slow which was a relief given other reviews I've read. I would def suggest a reservation to anyone that is interested in going.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southern Maine
“Excellent meal in Swampscott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Tried Red Rock Bistro with a Groupon. Everything was excellent.
The homemade hummus served with bread was delicious.
The rib appetizer was very flavorful and fell off the bone.
The lemon chicken cooked under a brick was moist and tasty.
I really liked that you can order the shrimp cocktail by the piece. I just wanted one piece and it was large, fresh and delicious.
I would definitely go here again if in Swampscott.
The only downside is that is so dark it is hard to see the menu.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to the Red Rock for dinner tonight and was very disappointed. I saw it on the Phantom Gourmet and the fried clams looked delicious. First of all, I was not impressed with the Manhattan I got. The Caesar salad was very bland and needed more dressing. We split the Fisherman's Special or Platter for $32.00 and was pretty skimpy and the food was not light and golden, but dark and a few clams were got were stuck together. The scallops were dark as were the shrimp. Was I disappointed?? YES Will I return?? NO

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Location, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Red Rock is located on the waterfront; the views are quite nice. The food is good, but not great, though prices are fairly reasonable. Swampscott has view fine dining options; Red Rock is a solid choice.

Lynn, Massachusetts
“Seaside dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently revisited Red Rock Bistro after not being there in a few months. It was, as always, a great experience. The menu has some standbys, but also has other dishes that rotate with seasons. The waitstaff was helpful without being intrusive, and quickly responded when needed.

I was with my cousin and her husband. I had a traditional New England fried clam roll, and the clams were sweet and tender. My cousin had clam chowder and a salad. She reported that the chowder was tasty with lots of tender clams, and couldn't finish the salad because of its size. Her husband had the meaty mac and cheese, and had to take home half of it. He enjoyed it very much.

I've been there numerous times and never had a bad meal. The chefs are creative without being too over the top. They know their customers. It's a little pricier than a chain, but as with all independent restaurants, they offer something unique. The view of the beach, Nahant and Boston on a clear day is wonderful. The atmosphere is casual but not crazy, and it's definitely a place for adults, not families with small children. The Sunday jazz brunch draws a large crowd each week.

The Bistro has a lengthy wine and beer list, and many signature cocktails. It's a lovely space to enjoy good food, good company, and good atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012