“A very lovely chic place with tasty food and wines.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Swampscott
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“A very lovely chic place with tasty food and wines.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Great menu with upscale prices to match. Cute chic but small dining area with knowledgable staff. Great cocktail menu as well. Fairly busy so make reservations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lansdale
“Friendly Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We only stopped in for drinks because it was across the street from our hotel. Therefore, I cannot review the food. The bar staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2011
“G Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I'm not sure why it has taken us so long to visit G.
G is a smaller-scaled restaurant similar to what we dined in Venice last month. Everything about our 4 course meal was wonderful. The presentation was lovely and each course was delicious.
The only negative was the noise. There were two groups dining that were celebrating and the noise level was quite loud. I don't blame the restaurant but wonder if it always this 'lively.'
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dissapointing experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Joined another couple at G Bar & Kitchen to celebrate the wife's birthday on a Satruday. The night got off on the wrong foot when we were seated neraly half an hour after our scheduled reservation. The food was acceptable, but not what one would expect for the price. One word of caution before ordering any dish described as containing "half a shelled lobster" - G uses impossibly small lobsters, so don't expect much lobster meat.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“tasteless and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

the wild tuna dish was described on the menu to have a lot of flavor... when the dish came and I took my first bite, I found it to be the most tasteless piece of fish I have ever had. the same goes for the potatoes.

the service was slightly unprofessional, clumsy, and they mumbled.

the scallop meal was good so I ended up sharing it with my fiancé.

so, for 3 people it was $180+ & 2 of us had the tuna... needless to say the meal was a disappointment. i will take this off the list of north shore options when I go out on weekends moving forward.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere