“OISHI has gone DOWN HILL” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wayland, Massachusetts
“OISHI has gone DOWN HILL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We have been going for years...but really...the last time was for us was probably tonight..and we loved that place. But really, the quality and portions are so uneven....hardly any seafood in the udon soup....ridiculous. Tiny sushi rolls in stead of the robust ones they used to make. It was really sad. I hope they can get back on track...but I just can't see spending such amounts of money for such mediocre offereings.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Falmouth,MA.
“Shameful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I am so stunned by how poor the quality of fish was here I don't know where to start. First I'll admit I'm not your average sushi customer. I have been spoiled twice a month on average for the last 15 yrs.at Inaho Restaurant in Yarmouth, Ma. Friends of ours invited us to Oishii and if I were not a guest everything would have been sent back. When we walked in I saw Tuna being held under water to thaw which concerned me. The color and lack of freshness in everything we ordered was awful, Toro was stringy, Maguro and Salmon looked and tasted like it was sitting in a bowl of water. Waitress asked if we wanted to try a special salad with tuna, only when the bill came did we learn that the 2 special salads were 25 dollars each. Presentation had no more appeal than a package of grocery sushi. I'm convinced after this experience that Zaggat rating is also a big joke. Only 3 drinks were ordered between the 4 of us but the bill was $345.00 before tip. A local pizza would have put this meal to shame.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Overpriced Japanese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went there with my husband. The food was good but way overpriced. We should have gone to Fugakyu Cafe. The portions are bigger and delicious and not as pricey. It's a small place so don't go there if there are more than four people. Haven't been back since.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Great and unusual types of Sushi, Sashimi and rolls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Great hole in the wall sushi spot! Excellent freshness, and great place to try something new and great combinations you cannot find in many Sushi restaurants! Love it's smallness, it makes it that much more cozy, Sit at the sushi bar, it is truly fascinating!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Oishii too in Sudbury”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This place is good but overpriced.  It is small so don't take a large group there.  It was too expensive for lunch.