“Operating-room clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Sturbridge
Eastern Pennsylvania
“Operating-room clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We just stayed here overnight on our way to Canada. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and did not smell bad like some cheaper motels do. The continental breakfast had all the expected offerings (coffee, tea, juices, little boxes of cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, danishes) with extras like a self-serve Belgian waffle maker. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. I can't stress enough how clean our room was. It was a little hard to find in the dark as the road wasn't well marked, but very easy to get back on I84 in the morning. The only thing that was negative was that we did not get the wireless signal in room 217 very well. Since we were still in the US, I called home to let them know we arrived safely, but if you absolutely must use the Internet, request a room close to the lobby.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

Nice clean room, recently updated. Very comfortable for the price. It was convenient to both I-84 & I-90 with a good restaurant next door and a good variety of continental breakfast items included.

• Liked — Easy access to Interstate
  • Disliked — No interior halls rooms open to outside
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bushmills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

Myself and my partner spent 7 days in Sturbridge in October and booked the Super 8 through Expedia. We liked the look of the place and it was very reasonably priced and we always tend to choose motels for the convenience of them.

We chose the 2 queens, non smoking room and were very happy with it. The room was large and spotlessly clean and it had everything you could ever need including an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, fridge, coffee maker and we had a balcony overlooking Cedar lake. The decor was just nice and it was very cosy, the beds were comfortable and the shower was always hot. The only bad thing was with the motel being on a busy road you do get road noise but I found after a while you don't notice it.

It was also a convenient location with many restaurants nearby including the Picadilly Pub right next door, which is very good for a casual and relaxing meal and drink and also very reasonablly priced. McDonalds, Burgerking and Friendly's are also within walking distance.

The staff were pleasant and helpful and housekeeping was on hand daily unless you requested otherwise.

A complimentary continental breakfast was served daily and included in the price, however we never took a breakfast due to being off exploring Massachusetts before serving time.

Sturbridge is a lovely area to visit and this motel complimented our trip nicely. Would definately reccomend it to anyone visiting this area and not wanting to pay a fortune for good accomodation.

• Liked — The well equiped room, the balcony overlooking the lake and the price.
  • Disliked — On busy road, some road noise.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dutchess County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Stayed here with my family for one night in August. We got a nice, non-smoking room with two queen beds, refrig and microwave. Rooms look they have been recently renovated; bathroom had newer looking fixtures, beds were firm and comfortable. Property has a nice pool with kiddie-pool overlooking Cedar Pond. Property has free hi-speed internet access, wired (they will loan a cable if they have one). They don't advertise wireless because it doesn't reach all the rooms, but I got a great signal in my room. Complimentary breakfast has the usual assortment of bagels, cereal, and pastry, along with make-your-own Belgian waffles.

Service was friendly, room was clean, price was right. Would recommend this hotel.

NOTE: This is a two-story property with exterior corridors and no elevators. If carrying your luggage up exterior steps would be a problem, request a first floor room.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

Stayed here one night after reading other reviews here.
Agree with other recent comments; this is a well situated clean hotel, quiet and good beds. Front desk staff very friendly and the breakfast included was excellent.

Stayed July 2008
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

Oh, my gosh – what a find! I picked this motel for a 2-night stay near my parent’s home because of advice on TripAdvisor & because it’s right off I-84 (very “easy-on/easy-off”). I made our reservations on Expedia.com & it was $95.14 a night. We stayed in Room 233 (non-smoking, king-size bed) on a Friday & Saturday night in June.

When we first entered the room, the smell of cleaning products was a bit overwhelming (I can’t stand anything scented – perfume, candles, cleaning products), but we opened the sliding glass door to the mini-deck (3x5 feet) and that aired out the room nicely. The view from the sliding glass door onto the pond below was lovely. As the motel is close to the highway, there was fairly constant highway noise, but closing the patio door & running the air conditioning unit (which really worked well) drowned out most of the noise at night. We never heard any noise from our neighbors.

The motel is privately owned & the lady who checked us in said that the owner had been working to renovate everything over the past couple of years. This was very evident as everything in our room looked new-ish and was spotlessly clean (ok, I admit that I saw a spec of mildew in the grout around one tile in the shower – but this room was cleaner than I keep my own house!). Probably my only complaint was that the bathroom sink was a bit small for all of our stuff (we don’t have to share a sink at home).

The room had a vaulted ceiling, and was quite nicely decorated with scenic prints & lovely lamps, and the bathroom tile looked new. It’s within walking distance of some restaurants/taverns, & McDonalds (Friendly’s was across the road). We got dinner one night from McD’s and it was very nice sitting inside the room at the small table near the patio door, looking out onto the pond (one afternoon I noticed one of our neighbor’s on her “deck” reading a book). And we had fun watching the ducks and geese swim up to the lawn outside the motel both afternoons -- looking for hand-outs.

The landscaping was even nice – with pink roses that matched the pink of the room doors. There was a small but very clean outdoor pool behind the motel (no lifeguard).

The continental breakfast was especially nice, and served in a small dining room near the motel office. There was coffee (a little weak), assorted teas, assorted Danish, cold cereal, bananas & apples, orange & apple juices, bagels and make-your-own waffles. The dining room was also very clean & all of the food was fresh.

It’s probably not high on most travelers’ lists to get their daily exercise while they’re on vacation, but it is important to my husband – the sidewalks outside the motel were excellent for walking, and you could even go quite a distance just walking around the parking lots beside & behind the motel. If you need a gym work-out, the Sturbridge Athletic Club is just behind the motel & charges $5 for a day pass (the equipment is old, but perfectly adequate for a work-out & my husband enjoyed it).

I think this motel would be a great place for an extended stay in Sturbridge. And I would think that it would be great for people traveling with kids – waffles for breakfast, a pool to swim in, and feeding the ducks in the afternoon. I didn’t check it out, but it looked like you could even launch your own canoe or kayak from the motel grounds onto the pond.

• Liked — Window with a great view
  • Disliked — Smell of cleaners/detergents
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Riverside, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

WE WERE GOING TO MAINE....AND WE WERE SO TIRED...SO WE JUST TOOK THE EXIT AND FOUND THIS PLACE. WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE IT WAS..............

We had a room with Whirlpool suite overlooking the lake. When we went to the room we were really surprised by it. It was two room suite with a seperate sitting aea.

The bedroom was beautifully decorated with king bed. It was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge with whirlpool big enough for two. It was very very clean.

THE FRONT DESK WAS EXCEPTIONAL. VERY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS. I HAD FORGOTTEN MY TOOTHBRUSH AND THE FRONT DESK STAFF BROUGHT IT RIGHT OVER and made it a point to make sure that I was really comfortable and happy with my room.

Breakfast in the morning was pleasant surprise. I would recommend the hotel to any traveller be it business or pleasure.

Stayed May 2008

Been to Sturbridge Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!