“I had my rehearsal dinner and morning after breakfast here, and it was fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center

You added Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   366 Main Street, Sturbridge, MA 01566   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Sturbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The event coordinator Courtney made my whole rehearsal dinner and morning after breakfast easy to plan, and the staff was fantastic!! From the check-in to our departure everything was perfect!! My husband and I booked 2 nights with them and loved the room! All of our guests said the same thing! Thank you Courtney and staff!!!

• Stayed September 2012
ManagerSturbridge_MA, Manager at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay overnight with us and for allowing us to cater your rehearsal dinner. We're so pleased that everything went very well. It's truly the people that make all the difference and we're thrilled that your noticed them. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My department hosted its annual retreat here and the venue was great. The staff was very easy to work with and made sure everything was taken care of. The rooms used for seminars, meetings, and poster sessions were perfect sized and well prepared for our group. The onsite activities like miniature golf, pool/hot tub, and lake were a very nice addition considering the lack of time to go somewhere when we had the chance. On top of that, the chef's made sure to have special plates for our people who had a gluten allergy along with the great menu they had for our buffet meals. Overall, the best place we've had our retreat since I have been attending.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ManagerSturbridge_MA, Manager at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to "rave" about your recent stay with us. We just love reading these! We strive every day to make our guests feel like they are special, because to us, you are special. We apppreciate your feedback and we hope to have another oportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently booked a room - which i had forgetten to book earlier and Katherine on the phone was ABSOLUTELY the nicest and most accommodating person i've ever dealt with!! I travel often and if all of the hotel staff i worked with were like her travelling would be much more pleasurable!!
Thank You Katherine!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ManagerSturbridge_MA, Manager at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rave about our staff. It truly is the people that make all the difference. Thanks for noticing!
East Windsor, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend for a family wedding. We read all the reviews ahead of time and noted the various issues past guests have had. We did our best to go in with an open mind and make the best of our short stay. It is true that the rooms are very dated and could use a major overhaul. Our room was a large suite and ideal for traveling with Children as it had 2 bathrooms. The room had an initial chlorine smell as reported by others, but running the AC for a bit helped clear that right up as it was in the off position when we first entered. The bathroom fixtures had the mold/mildew as reported by other guests, on the positive side the water pressure was fantastic. Both bathrooms had toilet issues that would continuously run, which can be annoying if you are a light sleeper. Not sure what was wrong with the carpet, but almost as if huge pieces of padding were missing underneath. Housekeeping could have been better, there was an old shirt and dirty tissue behind the bed in addition to a wire hanger on the floor. Our interior facing balcony door never did lock properly. The noise from the pool never bothered us as everything closed at 9PM and they have an alarm system to make sure nobody enters. The alarm did go off one night so we knew it actually worked!

The property as a whole had a lot of hotel like amenities including a really nice indoor pool and hot tub. A restaurant which we did not try. The Gym could be better, they just converted a guest room into a gym. The mini golf, beach, and paddle boat rentals were also nice features.

Overall not a terrible property, it would probably be a wonderful property if they invested and upgraded the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor, even the front desk knows about the mold issue.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagerSturbridge_MA, Manager at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your candid appraisal of our hotel. We have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer and our Executive Housekeeper and corrective measures have been taken. We appreciate your feedback and we were happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us.
Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center with my mom, grandma, and my cousin Christopher. The hotel is very clean and has plenty of interesting features. I was able to use the pool and the hot tub. I was able to use the business center to print out a park map of Dorney Park. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Shaftsbury, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend as part of a wedding. The Bride and Groom decided this was place for all of us out of town guest. I am still very disappointed about this property.

We check in about 8 pm, form the outside it looked quite nice, the lobby was nicely decorated, and the young man [whose name I wish I had gotten] was pleasant and checked us in quickly. For here the story goes down hill.

We parked around the back of the building, and walking into the stairwell where the smell of old sneakers and dirty feet hit you. On the second floor where our room was located the heat in hallway was worse then outside. We had two rooms [my hubby and I and a 20 something son], both rooms had no personality, not even a picture on the wall. My bed looked lumpy even while made, and lying on it at night felt something like sleeping on cardboard. In the son's room the carpet was crunchy feeling under your feet.

I used what they laughing call the fitness center. There are 2 elliptical trainers, 1 bike, and two treadmills, one of which sticks when you walk on it. No towels, no water, and no clicker for the TV. Here's the really kicker, the tiny room these thing are located in doesn't even have A/C.

Even with all of these complaints, the worst thing was the people. I had contact with three deck clerks, two bar tenders, a chambermaid, and a maintenance man. Other then the first gentleman who checked us in, everyone else was nothing short of snooty. A smile and the attitude that you care can go a long way.

Let me just say I have never been so glad to have the weekend end so I get out of the place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagerSturbridge_MA, Manager at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of attention you received from our employees. We pride ourselves on great customer service so to hear this comment is very disconcerting. And you're right, a smile and a caring attitude goes a long way. Rest assured, this matter will be addressed. In addition, we have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and corrective measures will be taken. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Lake Grove, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I spent this past weekend at the hotel for a Chevelle show we participated in and had a wonderful time--all around. Our room was comfortable, clean and charming. The view and grounds are beautiful and the food (at the VIP and the Oxtail) was delicious. My husband is especially difficult to please when it comes to food and even he was happy! We especially enjoyed our Saturday evening dinner at the Oxtail. We sat at a table outdoors with a view of the beach (which I found time to relax on earlier that day) and the charming lake, while listening to a great band! I was somewhat skeptical at staying at this hotel after reading several disturbing reviews, but was ensured by the pleasant staff that they would go above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. They kept their promise and we will definitely be back. For anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway--I highly recommend the Sturbridge Host Hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. We're so pleased you enjoyed your time here, with a chance to relax by the water; it can be very serene. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Been to Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!