“A great place to stay while you do the Brimfield Shows” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Sturbridge
Baltimore, Maryland
“A great place to stay while you do the Brimfield Shows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

There is no escaping the fact that all lodging in Sturbridge will be expensive during the Brimfield Antique Shows. The question is where will you get the most bang for your buck. Our vote goes to the Comfort Inn. We have stayed there twice now and been impressed both times. It looks brand new even though it is really several years old. The management takes pride in their establishment both in terms of how it looks and how it is run. The place is quiet and the rooms are comfortable. We also feel very secure. We were there for three nights when it was completely filled. We never got a sense that they could not handle that large a crowd. Breakfasts are typical of most places like this in that it consists of a buffet of heat and eat food. Yet, it was well done and enjoyable. The place is also well located for Brimfield, Sturbridge Village, and anything else that you might like to do. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on our visits to central Massachusetts. You can spend more or less at a variety of other places, but you will be hard pressed to find a place that is more pleasant to stay at for long or short visits.

Room Tip: They have facilities in a separate building if you bring your pet. Even that looks good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Tory Pucci

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Amagansett, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stay here everytime we go to Brimfield for the antique fair. Room is large and quite, as is the bathroom. Everything is spotless, and they have a large flat screen TV and free wi-fi in every room. Only negative is that should upgrade their bedding. The pillows are about 15-18" squares and the blanket is something you would expect in a Motel 8. The free breakfast is excellent and plentiful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We couldn't agree more about our bedding! We will have all new in place by the end of the year.

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
Tory Pucci
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, sitting area, built-in luggage stand, good sized TV and desk. Complimentary breakfast is served every morning and became a de facto meeting place for everyone attending the wedding to reunite and to plan the day's activities. Very family oriented, with plenty of high chairs/seats for the toddlers. During my stay the zipper on my coat broke so I could only pull it off like a sweater. I asked for assistance at the desk and Darcie provided me with the name of the seamstress who worked on her wedding dress. I drove straight over to her shop and she fixed my coat within 15 minutes for only a charge of $10.00! Darcie, you were a life saver. I haven't been to Old Sturbridge Village in probably 50 years, but if I come back this would be the place to stay. It's just off the Interstate and convenient to everything in the area.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so rooms on floors 2 and 3 are not a problem and possibly a little quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've stayed in other hotels around this area and none compare to this hotel. It is clearly one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels i've EVER stayed at. They have a hot tub, outdoor and indoor pool, bar, large breakfast buffet. It is just over all awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We travelled to Sturbridge , Mass. this week for a Funeral of a Family member in the next town over- Southbridge.
I called another Hotel first and mentioned My Mother and I were coming for her Brother's Funeral. The first Hotel said their price was firm.
I then called the Comfort Inn & Suites and a nice woman chatted with me- and when I asked if the Hotel had a Bereavement rate- she said let me check with the Manager. The answer was yes and it was $39 less then their rack rate and 60 less than their competitor. We were happy- booked it.
The two Queen bed room was very large and very comfortable. Large screen TV (40 ")
Very quiet, restful sleep

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have now broken my trip home from Philadelphia to Maine by staying at this Comfort Inn on two different occasions. When you just can't keep on driving, it makes a very good place to stop and stay overnight. The location is extremely convenient, right off of Interstate 84. There is a convenience store and gas station directly in front of the hotel, which comes in handy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. At least both times I stayed, the decor of the rooms seemed new and very well-kept. The front desk is helpful. I asked for recommendations of where to eat other than the Cracker Barrel next door, and they gave me a number of good suggestions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Sometimes you need 3 beds, but not really 2 bathrooms. We stayed in Room 330, which offered 2 queens and a sofabed, which was already made up. (If it matters to you, there's NO divider in this room.)The room was on a corner and had windows on 2 sides. The room featured a coffeemaker, tables, microwave and refrig. I did hear someone playing a musical instrument (Tiger Mom?) around 10pm, but it stopped.The pool was relaxing, warm, and attractive for families (shallow end @ 3ft). B'fast was better than most Comfort Inns, with someone available to show us how to make waffles. Upon check-in, I was told of the "lounge" hours and assumed that meant coffee/tea and chairs for reading. Wrong, it was "lounge" in the adult beverage category! We've stayed at plenty Comfort Inns and have never seen a bar! Anyway, this is a well-managed, hospitable Inn. After a lackluster stay at the Comfort Inn in Niagara Falls, my niece really wanted to change our Sturbridge stay from Comfort Inn to Hampton Inn. I'm glad we stayed with this CI. We had dinner at nearby Cracker Barrel, with uber-friendly service. Ciao!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial? Share your experiences!