“Would Not Recommend - But in the end it was fine” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sturbridge

You added Days Inn Sturbridge to your Saves list
Days Inn Sturbridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Haynes Road, Rte 15, Sturbridge, MA 01566 (Formerly Travelodge Sturbridge)   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Sturbridge
Wood-Ridge, NJ
“Would Not Recommend - But in the end it was fine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ended up at this hotel when we decided to go to the July show at Brimfield on a Thursday and needed reservations for Friday and Saturday. Wasn't my first choice, but went with the Days Inn brand and expected a certain level of accommodation.

Staff was polite. Hotel is hard to find, but once you figure it out (and if you read other reviews) you can find it. While the hallway smells, the shower leaks, the toilet didn't seem to be securely fastened, etc. - the bed was comfortable, the air-conditioning worked and the tv was good (except couldn't find HGTV).

I might go back to Brimfield, but when I do I'll try out another hotel in the area. This would be among my last choices. Frankly, the Super 8 looked nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, it was very difficult to find. The hotel was located in a really awkward spot- behind a gas station, a truck stop, and a restaurant that has been abandoned for 13 years. It was pretty creepy, especially when you're driving there at night.

The lobby was kind of strange, but the workers were all extremely kind and friendly. That's one of the positive things about this hotel. By the door, there was a table set up with free iced tea, lemonade, and cookies. That was also really nice. ;Also, the breakfast was pretty good. There was waffles, yogurt, fruit, muffins, cereal, coffee, etc.

However, when we got into the room, there was a huge moth on the ground. That was pretty gross, but it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

Anyway, the first night was not very good. The beds were TERRIBLE. SO hard and uncomfortable. I was sore when I woke up. Also, the people above us were STOMPING and POUNDING on the floor at like 1 in the morning. It was SO loud and obnoxious; so we suspected that it was this dance team of 12 year old girls who were also staying at the hotel.

The next night, I was woken up at 1 in the morning because the man in the room next door was talking on his phone very loudly. I could hear it SO clearly, that I thought it was my father talking. This continued for about 2 hours. We told the man at the front desk, but he didn't really do anything. The walls were paper thin. Basically, I had a terrible sleep.

Overall, it wasn't bad. I guess it was worth the price. I didn't really like it that much, and we probably wont come back.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We picked this hotel when going to the Brimfield Antique show because it was cheap and had availability. We did not have high hopes. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and service. The bed was not great, but the bathroom was much cleaner and better looking than we expected. I loved how there was a (free) coffee/tea machine open and accessible in the lobby all day/night. In the afternoon they would set out ice tea and lemonade serve-yourself with an assortment of cookies. With a "cheap" hotel, it is all about the little things. It is definitely worth the money and better than the Sturbridge Host Hotel we "splurged" on for one night.

It is a little weird getting to this hotel though, so be on the lookout. It has a long driveway behind a gas station. We got lost in "trucker land" as we called it for a little bit (the station is a big truck stop).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Northern NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My finace and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of June 22-23. I am not one who is put off by a long driveway or a little incovenience (as some reviewers have complained about having to go through the Truck Stop parking lot to get there) so this was no problem for me. The room was comfortable, the A/C worked, and the breakfast buffet was adequate. My fiance and I loved the natural settings and the wildflowers growing outside; it made any other problem disappear just seeing those. Out of the four people we dealt with for assistance at the hotel, three were very polite; one seemed more interested in anything other than being there. One person can be replaced, so if that one person is my only complaint, this is a hotel worth staying at. Nothing fancy, but if you stay here knowing the price of your room, fancy should not be expected anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Forest Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed in several Days Inns and most were nicer than this one. It was clean and adequate but not much else. I called a day ahead and was told there was plenty of vacancy, but when I got there no rooms with 2 beds were available. I settled for a pull-out couch. Also, when I entered the lobby was empty and I had to ring to get someone. The hallways were not air conditioned, and the room was very hot when I first entered it. At breakfast, no fruit was available and only one kind of milk. Small things, but these are things that make the difference at a Days Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!